Sunday 20 Oct 2019 - I never thought I'd miss you Half as much as I do

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
I never thought I'd miss you
Half as much as I do

Yesterday's were Lovers of the World United by David and Jonathan

Good luck lmh, thinking of you today. Hope it's not too cold for you (and drier than last year!)

What: hope another walk with Luke in the sling.
Why: he seems to like it and it means we can go over rougher terrain than the pram
Last hard: well I would have said sleeping as I was really struggling yesterday, but Lucas has just slept from 9-2.30 so I've had my longest sleep for 5 weeks!!!

Oh that's already pretty nippy!

Chick that sounds like a lovely but tough race! Well done for doing that on holiday. Enjoy your hike today, hope the legs are ok!

Is anyone else racing today?

Comments

• Morning!

Sounds tough, Chick!

Welcome back, Hazel!

What: short run plus fitness suite

Why: see how the legs are after yesterday's madness

Lyrics: I believe I do

I will be spending just under 3 hours tracking LMH from 9.30! Go well girl!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Just seen it's the GSR today so go go poppy too :)
  • Yes, go WP!
    And Wales!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale as an Englishwomen, I'm torn: do we want our home nations rivals to win, or do we want our long standing feud neighbours, France, to win...tough one!
  • What about SA, Emz?!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yes we will be watching later. I should be impartial so Lucas can chose his side when he's older, though technically he's 3/8 English and only 1/4 South African, so we all know where his loyalties should lie :lol:
  • He was born here! Doubt he would support Japan!

Hope your legs are ok today, OH!
  • Rest day, possibly swim
    Needed
    Last hard - seeing £10 blow out of my pocket onto wrong side of electric fence as I answered my phone yesterday :'(
    Lyrics no
    Well toughed out Chick!
    All the best to LMH, WP and any other racers today ...
  • PS legs a bit rubbish today
  • Sadly a DNS from me today gutted but made the sensible call,after travelling to England and staying IOW my cold came back with vengeance so dosed myself up to get 2 nights of muscle spasm in leg took ages to unlock and very very painful naughty words said. Limping just walking and calf tender.

I have to decide if I enter for next year as earlybird prices but I think just let it go but bit is a great course so would have liked a good crack at it.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon!

Sorry to hear all of that, WP! Get well and take your time to get back to it!

3k run with 2 stretch breaks (and to check the York tracker), plus fitness suite. Both hamstrings slightly tight but equally.
  • But pleased with Wales getting through this morning I had hoped a Japan v Wales match but sadly not.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Aww poppy, that's awful. Sorry you didn't make it. Hope you recover quickly.

Brrr OH ❄️ to cold to even dip my feet in. And how annoying about the lost tenner

Welcome back, Hazel

Hope LMH ran a cracking race 🤞

Good you managed a run today, ale. So no real repercussions, right?

Sounds like Lucas is settling, em.

What: long hike with over 1000m (not feet 🙂) of climbing. The last 2k were very technical.
    Why: We're in the mountains
    Last hard: the descent was dragging a bit and my legs are fried
    Last rest: can't remember ... A week or so I think
    Lyrics: yes
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, I haven't really watched today's rugby after Ireland went out yesterday.

Lyrics - yes, still a good band to see live

What - 7 miles steady pace
    Why - taper - 1 week to go
    Last hard - yesterday was pretty hard

Hoping everyone's colds and sore legs improve 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Can't get the Yorkshire marathon results page to work :(

Chick beautiful

Wp sorry to hear that
  • I wouldn't bother emzap.

Sorry to hear that Poppy.

Nice racing and hiking chicksta.

Did you have a good holiday Hazel?

Sorry to keep you waiting Alehouse.

Tapering sucks chamolk.

I had an awful race. Had to start too far back (way behind the 3.30 pacers) fought my way through in the first few hundred metres then someone stood on the back of my shoe and took it off so I had to stop and work my way back through hundreds of just started runners to retrieve it. Managed to pick up the pace for the first few miles but it was obvious I was working too hard and I couldn’t even hold sub 3 pace. I just had nothing in my legs especially when running in to the wind or uphill (and there was far more of that than I was expecting). Seriously thought about quitting lots and of just jogging it in but (despite what the splits look like) couldn’t bring myself to do anything other than my best though that turned out to be pretty rubbish. How do you lose ten minutes in four months when you’ve been training? Only positive was that my stomach behaved so now I have to repeat the protocol next time and hope it works again.............

That's me done for the year and I have retired from marathons until April. Need to try to work out what's gone wrong this year and what I can do about it but in the meantime I have banned myself from running for a week - we'll see how that goes:-)

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    sorry to hear it wasnt your days WP and LMH

Chicksta, lovely pics

5.37m for me today, hard work despite a slow pace...

Take care
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh sorry to hear it wasn't a good one today. Good idea to take some time off, but as you say, see how it goes. Big hugs being sent your way
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Evening!

Difficult to know what to say, LMH! Sounds like a dreadful start to proceedings. When do you go away? Either home or away just run when you feel like it! Give it until you return from Florida before you decide the way forward! No rush!

Great photos and hiking, Chick!

Friday is LFoM 5k in Hyde Park. I have train tickets as it was going to be my A race of the autumn. Just debating whether to enter and at worse pace a friend round (he usually runs about 28 minutes). Or am I getting ahead of myself having run one 5k in 2 months? 
  • Lovely photos Chick