Monday 21 Oct 2019 - Remember those walls I built Well, baby, they're tumbling down

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Remember those walls I built
Well, baby, they're tumbling down

Yesterday's were it must be love by madness

What: usual
Why: all that's allowed/needed for sanity
Last hard: sleeping. Lucas is asleep, why aren't I?!

Ale please don't do anything to jeopardise your recovery...

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Lyrics - nope

What - haven't decided yet , maybe a few easy miles, maybe a day off/some stretching
    Why - still tapering

Hope you get to sleep soon emzap. I dont really miss that stage, mine are all now sleeping through the night. Unless we go for number 4....
  • Morning.

Because he has you too well trained emzap:-) Counting down the days - are you still on course to resume exercise after 12 weeks?

I bet three are a handful chamolk - how old are they?

Alehouse - if you can run 5k with no repercussions no reason not to do so in London as long as you can be sensible having put a number on and back off if necessary.

Two weeks until Florida, plan is no training until after then - will run as I feel in the meantime and try and be brave and get myself to a yoga or Pilates class at the gym. The week long running ban may not last as the forecast is nice for tomorrow, my legs feel far too good (it's as though I just can't push when I race) and thinking about it I took the time off after Yeovil to no avail. Not to mention the need for stress relief............. I think that part of the problem yesterday may have been fuelling. I finished breakfast (450-500 calories) three hours before the race and didn't take a gel until about 12 miles as I was worried about upsetting my stomach but I don't think that's the whole problem.

What:         walking and thinking
    Why:          I want to know what to do to get back to where I was
    Last hard:  being unable to raise my game
    Last rest:   27/7

Lyrics - no. 
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick - stunning result, stunning location
    Emz - hope you get some sleep. Mine are now at that age when I just hope they don't wake me up when they come in....
    WP - the sensible calls are often the hardest ones to make.
    Chamolk/RFJ/Ale - decent park running, Ale - decent time in the circumstances
    OH - suffice it to say I shall not be joining you on the polar bear challenge (unless it's the part about fattening up for winter...)
    LmH - I think you're being far too hard on yourself. I know it's what we do, but the interrupted start, the chaos and emotional baggage you've had to carry of late and the odd small niggle, yet you still pull out a rather decent time that , yes OK is a bit down on the summer, but still commendable. 
    Enjoy a few easy weeks with no stress (target wise). You will be back.

What - easy lunchtime 
    Why - recovery
    Last rest - Saturday (arguably)
    Last hard - Yesterday
    Brief trip to Birmingham at the weekend as it's a possible Uni choice for #2. Eldest popped down from Leeds (the words "shopping" and "food" were obviously displaying magnetic properties...)
    Drove up Saturday via Swindon (quicker than the A34/Oxford/M40 with roadworks...), first impressions: no road rules and book a table.
    Road wise, 3 lanes condensed into 2 or 1 lane with no noticeable signage, and building in the city centre meant diversions , one way systems and taxi drivers with no noticeable spatial awareness.
    If you want to eat anywhere make a booking. Even at lunchtime in a city centre. We were variously told waits of 45, 50, over an hour , 80 minutes and nothing until tomorrow. This was at 2:15pm. And we're not talking decent places either. In the end Pizza Express - bland but edible - came to the rescue.
    Decent wander along the canals yesterday morning before putting eldest on a train back to Leeds, and fortunately roads behaved coming home, so had time to do a 14 miler before sundown. 
    I skipped a run on Saturday, but should have taken my kit with me. Let's just say I could have done a couple of 5ks in the time I spent waiting outside various shops. There is only so much time I can spend in Waterstones and sighing at the lack of running trainers in the likes of JD, Sports direct and Schuh....

• I would not have thought that a late lunch in Birmingham would prove so difficult to obtain Dustin. What did she make of the uni?
  • Working today. Usual loop this evening.
    Legs a bit better today
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: no idea

My youngest is now 26!
  • Good morning... from Ibiza. Just arrived and it is wet! So much for warm weather training! Hope to get some sun before flying back on Thursday.

My daughter went to Birmingham, Dustin. She would I'm sure give an unbiased view...and is standing next to me as I type.

What: short run plus gym

Why: easy running

Lyrics no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    What's your daughter looking to study Dustin? I think Birmingham's a great city to study in. Should have asked me for restaurant tips, though the centre is crazy on a weekend! Glad you survived the trip though.

Ale have a lovely hols.

Chalmok, mine is 5 weeks old so a while before I get a decent night's sleep I suspect!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Short gym session d&d around 3.75 wet Kms. Busy resort usually yet I hardly saw anyone. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Massive hugs, LMH but like others said: don't be so hard on yourself. And don't ban yourself from doing what you love. If it's beautiful,  go out and run. Leave the Garmin at home for a while and tune into your body. You've achieved so much and your times are always truly inspirational. A bad year does not make you a bad runner. And it shouldn't be leading to so much self doubt. Write 2019 off and start fresh in 2020. You had a lot on your plate that sapped your energy and wore you out more than you realised.

Enjoy your hols, ale.

Hard weekend,  Dustin ;)

My legs are in pieces. Did a gentle 12k walk but that's it for today.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    love yesterdays lyrics by labi siffre and madness
    LMH so sorry about your run yesterday, bad start for you- you have had lots going on it does all take its toll I guess.  Look after yourself and have a nice week off, or don't as chick says.
    alehouse lfotm, only you can decide... Hope you can.  Ooh enjoy Ibiza
    OH grrr to the £10!!!
    dustin wow busy weekend
    emzap have a lovely day
    chamolk, 3 wow, mind you my son + dil are soon to get number 3 

what: short run this am son run this evening - we are taking to the roads!!
    why: he has new shoes and wants them clean  :D
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day what is left of it!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chick I am not surprised about your legs!! Mine would be too, gorgeous pics
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good to hear your legs are feeling better OH.

Happy holidays Alehouse. Hope the weather picks up.

Thanks chicksta - sounds as though you are making the most of your holiday. My legs feel far too good today............

Wabo - enjoy the run with your son. I feel that my life stress is as good as it's been for a while but then talking to a colleague about it earlier I did realise that it's only a month since Grace died so maybe I'm not quite as stress free as I would like to think.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Hope the weather improves in Ibiza.

LMH -  have 3 boys, aged 6, 5 and 3. They're not half a handful . They can be so lovely and well behaved, then ten seconds later it's pandemonium. Sorry to hear about your run yesterday, and sorry to hear you've had a tough time recently. I got a half marathon pb in May, training was going really well, then struggled with my next half, and the one after that was even worse - first time I've ever had to walk in a half, felt rotten during /after. Think I'd just been over doing the training. Tried to remind myself of the good runs I'd had, and feel myself that the poor run was a better psychological challenge than an easy /good run. Had to ease back on the training for a bit, then it all got back in track. A wee break, for as long as you feel you want, then restart training, and hopefully back to form soon. Your time was still fantastic, I'd love to be able to run that quick one day.

I ended up doing 4.5 miles today with some fartleks - taper finally giving me some excess energy, and needed a few blasts earlier to try and use some up.

Maybe some hills like those around chicksta would do the trick
  • Evening

Still haven't caught up on events before the weekend.  Life (how much post-holiday washing!) and work is already getting in the way.

Sorry that York didn't go as you wanted it to LMH.  Start and losing your shoe must have been awful.  +1 to everything Chicksta says.  Please be gentle to yourself.

Enjoy your holidays Ale. Hope the sun does appear.  Good news you have been running. 

Hi chamolk - don't think we have met yet.

Sorry you had to miss GSR WP.

Hope you can get some better sleep soon emzap.

Well done on your parkrun RFJ.

Nice pics and hike profile chicksta - nice tidy looking mountain that - up and back down - no messing around.  Well done on your trail race too.

Had to giggle at the lost tenner OH but I wouldn't have if it had been me.  Brr to 10 degrees - that challenge sounds very tough.

Ouch to the long wait for the food Dustin.  

Get your son and his new shoes in some muddy puddles Wabo.  

What: rest day
    Why: Monday, getting back into everyday life
    Last hard: that
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no

• Dustin:_you are so right very hard making the sensible call especially as every where people talking about race.but I know right choice best to be able to run every day than knackered the body and not being able to run.

What 6 miles
    Why because can
    Last hard GSR decision

Travelling home tomorrow and I will be glad to be back in own bed with no entertainment playing in room grrr.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression