Wednesday 23 October 2019 - And the women tug their hair Like they're trying to prove it won't fall

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
And the women tug their hair
Like they're trying to prove it won't fall out

Morning

Looks like sleeping through was a once off!

What: walk to coffee
Why: hoping 7 data left of no driving and running, we shall see
Last hard: grumpy Lucas yesterday

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning,

I think I need a week to play catch up at home! But glad to be home along day yesterday got back 7pm.

LMH: To answer your question no spare rooms hotel full but lesson learnt ask for quiet room!

What: Run
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard GSR/sleeping
    Lyrics: Nope

I get to test new running chest torch a different one to the faulty one and different company lets see how long this one lasts!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - I Am A Rock - Simon and Garfunkel.

Definitely old enough to be your mother chamolk:-)  Consistent consistency is definitely hugely beneficial and much underrated by those looking for a magic schedule or quick fix. You definitely have time to get that sub 3 and i hope it won't take as long as you think.

Sorry you didn't get another good night emzap. Did you manage to pass the day ok yesterday in the end? Enjoy the coffee and company today.

A new toy Poppy! Who is this one made by? Hope you get on with it.

What:          a little run I think
    Why:           mood is dropping and weight climbing
    Last hard:   bending as required in the class yesterday
    Last rest:    22/10

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: not today

What: short run, probably some stretches

Why: recovery post injury

Progressive consistent consistency, Chamolk.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Those 7 days will go fast now emzap.  Behave Lucas!

Enjoy testing your new gadget WP.  Still playing catch up here too.

Have a good little run LMH.

Better weather today hopefully Ale? Thanks for the help regarding the saying.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Chicksta.

What: HM dress rehearsal - 8 miles with 2 @HMP (hopefully, won't fuss too much if I don't hit the desired pace).
    Why: need to make a decision about Sunday
    Last hard: that
    Last rest: 21.10.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh enjoy your run.

Hazel good attitude to your hmp section.

Ale did you decide about lfotm?

Poppy did I miss the hotel disaster?

Had some back and abdominal pain yesterday, hope it's not a set back in my recovery.  I am trying to be so good regarding not overdoing it, lifting etc.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Morning!

I entered LFoM, Emz, but don't intend to do much more than pace a friend. And take it easy.

Enjoy your dress rehearsal, Hazel!

Dry and quite bright currently...but not very warm: breezy.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Very wet here but will probably have to kick myself out the door for track session later. Swim after morning surgery (might get wet  ;) )

Lyrics no but I might have known yesterday's
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    LMH - not sure what you mean by GBR for youngest with her course....
    OH - oh, enjoy track!
    chamolk - agree with what has been said. The gains will be incremental and consistency alone will bring it's own rewards. Also there are other distances to the marathon !

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - last night. Long club session: shallow hill pyramids (using the lamposts). First one and back, then second one and back...up to the twelfth. Then back down again. About 6+ miles of constant effort and 10.5 miles in total. Battered by the end, but legs surprisingly reasonable this morning. I'm sure that may not be the case after the lunchtime run!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    dustin I do like the sound of that lampost sesh last night (that sounds wrong!!) enjoy the lunch run
    emzap 7 days wow!! hope lucas is happier today
    hazel enjoy your dress rehearsal
    wp enjoy the run and gadget!
    LMH that song yesterday has been in my head today, how odd I didnt know the lyrics! Have a nice little run
    ALEHOUSE I loved last nights football.....
    what: short streak saver this am, felt good
    why: hair do being done later
    last hard: last night 4 miles 2 with oh
    last  rest: 31/12/16
    Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    and alehouse, enjoy the short and stretching
  • Em: The entertainment was underneath my room I could hear the number's for the bingo and lets not talk about these so call singer's and bands! you would think they were in the corner of my room,,

I hope you are okay and not done too much too soon.........
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I hope it's nothing emzap. Could be a kind of taper madness - counting down to the 'big day' :-)

Dustin - that sounds like a tough session. Graduate Basis for Registration, not all psychology courses qualify graduates to register and practise.

A double on a work day is good OH.

Hope the rehearsal goes well Hazel.

It's not warm here either Alehouse - 6C and foggy when I went out for my run!

Sorry Wabo - I thought it was relevant given my lack of flexibility:-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh like you, I have a the flexibility of a rock too!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I like the idea of taper madness lmh :) everything felt ok on my walk so fingers crossed it was nothing.

Dustin that session sound hard but fun.

Oh god poppy, sounds dreadful.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    LMH - Thanks, I don't know is the simple answer but she appears to know what she needs and how to do it....
  • Nightmare, poppy! Reminds me of a dreadful motel in NZ where they handed us earplugs on check-in :D 

Hope Lucas is less grumpy now and your aches and pains subside.

Re yoga: I did classes for a couple of weeks to get the basic idea but deffo prefer videos. Adriene makes it so accessible with her "find what feels good" mantra. No complicated pretzel shapes with injury potential there :)

That's a fun workout, Dustin.

Hazel: even if that test run shouldn't go to plan you can still go on Sunday and run to feel. Would be a shame to lose the entry fees ;)  (my ancestors were probably Scouse)

Did you run,  LMH?

Nice run with the other hand,  Wabo

Getting wet on a swim sounds ok to me  OH ;)

What: first run in 3 days. Legs felt like cardboard - happy to coax roughly 8 miles out of them
    Why: about time I ran again. Ultra training starts next week :#
    Last hard: those friggin hills
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick send me an email nearer the time and I can give you some Cape town tips :)
  • That profile is the sort of thing I have nightmares about chicksta :-) I decided that four miles would probably be sensible, so ran six as I was enjoying being out so much.

Glad to hear you feel ok today emzap.
  • That looks, err “undulating” Chicksta!

Got wet twice day as planned, once swimming after work (only a half day LMH) at lunch then again Fartleks at the track.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    I love the look of that hill Chicksta, I quite like a good climb. Where are you at the minute?

LMH /ale - consistency seems to be working well so far, so I'll try to keep it up.

Dustin - yeah, marathon isn't actually my favourite distance, just one of my current targets. I prefer half marathons (done 10 this year), and I've quite enjoyed a few 5 milers recently.

What - did 4.5 miles on the track tonight, with various bits at MP or HMP.
    Why - taper

Lyrics - no idea