Thursday 24 Oct 2019 - We've got stars directing our fate And we're praying it's not too late

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
We've got stars directing our fate
And we're praying it's not too late

Yesterday's were Rotterdam Beautiful South

What: walk to dentist then walk to train
Why: check up and hopefully book club depending how I'm feeling and whether Lucas can be left with my oh
Last hard: had a bit of a wobbly turn yesterday. Dizziness left me for bound for a few hours

Chamolk that's a lot of halves in a year!  I think that's what I'm going to work up to four next spring depending when I can run again

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no, but should have got yesterday's

What: fitness suite/short run

Why: Thursday

Breakfast then heading to the airport. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

I hope you're not coming down with something emzap. I'm sure your OH will manage Lucas so you can have some time off.

Do you have access to a fitness suite out there Alehouse or will that be when you get home?

That is a lot of HMs chamolk. Sounds as though your OH is very supportive, does she run?

What:          short and easy
    Why:           recovery/down time
    Last hard:   not running for a whole week - didn't happen:-)
    Last rest:    22/10

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • There is a gym here, LMH, but as I should be back by early afternoon will be heading to the uni fitness suite this pm.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Chamolk I was thinking you are lucky to have 10 near to you or did you travel/

Chick: The sad thing was I could not get ear plugs so on shopping list! I love the look of that hill :)

What: 6 miles easy well it was 6am and pitch black :)
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: GSR
    Lyrics: yes 

Torrential rain the whole way and no jacket so i got wet and cold I had planned 7 miles but opted for 6 instead :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Chamolk - I agree with what's been said - 10 halfs this year sounds like a lot (to me) - I can only think of 2 I've done, but then I tend to race more in winter (cross country). I think it goes in stages though: when I started I did 10ks and halfs (plus the odd marathon) but that was more for the run rather than "racing".
    WP - yeah I hear that: dark when I leave home, dark still when I got to work (7:15). No light now 'til Easter...
    Ale - safe trip back
    Emz - hope you're feeling less woozzy today

What - easy run & coaching U11s
    Why - Thursday routine
    Last rest - Saturday
    Last hard - Tuesday 
  • Morning!

Like the idea of the lampost session Dustin.

I always take earplugs when staying away WP - but that amount of entertainment might well have been too much for them.  Shame you had to cut your run short due to the weather.

Tasty hill profile Chicksta.

+1 to 10 is a lot of halfs chamolk, with that many, did you have a couple of those as target races and train through the rest?  What are you tapering for at the moment? (sorry, still haven't read back on everything).

Take it easy today emzap.  Aching and then dizziness doesn't sound too good.

Travel well Ale.

Enjoy your run LMH.

What: 6 recovery
    Why: decision made to run that HM on Sunday.  Dress rehearsal went ok - not sure I can run 13 miles at my originally planned pace but will try to set off a conservatively.
    Last rest:  21.10.

lyrics: standard no
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Morning

Lyrics - yes

It was a half marathon series, so they happened around Northern Ireland, had to travel up to an hour at most (one was in the south, in monaghan, and one went across the border from North to South). Started in March, last one was the start of this month. I did some as training runs, rather than racing them all, and few just to enjoy them (the most scenic ones were the hilliest). The last few did get in the way of the long runs I'd have liked to have done though, but I get a commemorative jacket if I ran all ten 😊

LMH - my wife doesn't run at all, but she knows I enjoy it, and I don't have too many other vices these days, so she's.... accepting of it. 

Hazel - Dublin marathon, this Sunday.

What - rest day. Maybe walk or some stretching. Or check out one of the yoga videos

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics yes and should have said yes to yesterday
    chamolk, sounds amazing that series!! I am thinking of doing some halves next year (done tons over the years)
    WP  wow lots of dark, wet , miles! Well done
    Dustin can it be Thursday and coaching again!!! Enjoy
    Emzap easy does it, hope you feel better today 
    LMH enjoy your short and easy, glad you had such a nice run yesterday
    Alehouse enjoy fitness and run, where you heading?

OH and family are getting in such a 2 and 8 about the funeral tomorrow, I wish I wasn't at work all day today

what: 2.25 d&d this am, something later with son
    why:  balancing life?

last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I'm glad you're going to go for it Hazel. I hope you surprise yourself. I travel with ear plugs too though haven't found any that are really effective.

How nice to have all of those HMs within an hour chamolk. You could have incorporated the non target ones into your long runs with a mile or two before and after - something to think about next year maybe. I wouldn't go trying yoga at this stage if you're not used to it - too close to race day to risk a random injury!

You are probably better off at work and out of the way Wabo, much as you'd like to be making it all ok for everyone else.

Just the six for me again this morning too Poppy. Was tempted to go further but reminded myself that I'm supposed to be recovering. Had it been as wet as it was for you I may well have decided that a rest day was prudent!

Any races planned Dustin?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • We have 4 or 5 HMs every year on Orkney although 2 of them involve a ferry crossing.
    Swim around the wreck (400m) so far. Intending a run shortly.
    Day off today
    Last hard Saturday.
    Last rest Sunday
    Lyrics not the faintest idea.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    We've a lot more half marathons than that around, that's just the ones that were in this particular half marathon series. I'm sure I know at least ten more that aren't in the series. Is that a lot more than other areas? 
  • Now I understand why you go swimming all the time, OH. Nice mermaid triple :)

I knew that running been wouldn't last a week, LMH ;)

Chamolk: I'm in Bavaria,  close to the Austria (Salzburg) at the mo. I live in Northern Germany which unfortunately is as flat as a pancake so I'm making the most of the hilly trails around these parts either on the MTB or on foot.
    Amazing number of half marathons around you.

A funeral is always such a stressful situation. Hope it all goes ok, wabo.

Deffo going to contact you about Cape Town nearer the time, em.
    Hope you feel better and Lucas and your other half got on fine.

That was a short break, ale.

Nice running in the rain, poppy.

Glad you are going to give the HM a shot, Hazel. I'll be thinking of you crossing my fingers when we travel home on Sunday.

What: Bit of MTBing, walking and running
    Why: i love active holidays
    Last hard: approaching the end of our hols
    Last rest: I'm not really resting here :)
    Lyrics: yes

•  ;) Chicksta

- and up the hill before lunch.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    thats a lot of Halfs, probably only got 5-6 close ones here (Swindon), not that I have done any for a while now.....

A slow and steady 4.37m at 10mm. its all I could muster...

Feeling tired

Take care