Saturday 26th October 2019 Ka Mate! Ka Mate!

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Training
Morning...just!

Lyrics: Ka Mate! Ka Mate!
We're going to die! We're going to die!

What: something around officiating 

Why: uni relays and I will be watching the Haka and NZ v England first thing so no parkrun!

So, just back from London: Euston was closed so took 6 hours for a trip that normally is around 2 and a half! Ran the Last Friday of the Month 5k with my M65 friend until just over 4k; decided I couldn't run that slowly so took a minute and a half out of him over the last k! Good on him to be still running though! 6k in total, which is the longest run since early August! Met up with SC and various others. And it stayed dry.

Had hoped to be home to watch Southampton v Leicester; only 9-nil to the Foxes! 

Trust everything went to plan or better,Wabo!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Glad it went well, Wabo! Hope it goes as well for SPurs as it did for Leicester!

Sorry, Emz, don't know your lyrics but think I posted first anyway! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    I don't know which one to comment on.

I recognised these lyrics first

What - travel to Dublin, go to expo, eat, relax. Maybe these lyrics will be appropriate on Sunday

Sounds rough about Euston being closed, but good work on the last k of the race alehouse

• Morning.

chamolk - whichever thread was started earliest which was this one today - so you got it right:-) Safe journey and don't spend too much time on your feet. Looking forward to hearing all about your race. Don't forget the clocks!

All sounds very positive Alehouse. Hope you don't get too wet today.

Glad it went ok Wabo.

We are forecast a very wet day here emzap. I'm guessing the weather has caused the parkrun cancellations? Hope you can get some time out at some point.

What:           could just be the gym
    Why:            forecast is foul and I'm supposed to be recovering
    Last hard:    I'm not doing hard
    Last rest:     22/10

Lyrics - I can guess.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning,

Chamolk: Good luck for tomorrow and as LMH said stay off your feet :)
    Ale: Great work on run yesterday.How is SC?

A rest day again as cold back so being careful and not up to much but did walk to village the long way.I love the Haka and experienced it close up when in NZ makes me have goosebumps every time.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Quiet! 

Pouring here and not the best weather for officiating.

Just realised that when I posted SC I meant SC2 from other threads! He has been known to post on here occasionally!

Good win for England!
  • parkrun (26:33). Rained earlier but dry and just a mild breeze for parkrun.
    tapering and felt like some company
    last hard was yoga last night (but generally feel better for it the following morning)
    last total rest was Sunday
    lyrics were as usual no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry ale, missed your start this morning.

What: walk around town. Roads badly flooded here
    Why: too wet for any more
    Last hard: weather
    Lyrics: no

Rugby was amazing!

Chamolk enjoy Dublin!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Afternoon!

No worries about the thread start, Emz: wonder if you posted whilst I was editing? And you heard the lyrics this morning, I suspect!

Rather wet at uni relays! See pics!

• Wow, that is wet :o

Last day on hols so need to pack. Just popping in quickly to wish Chamolk and Hazel all the best for tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞

And well done Ale.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That is soggy ale! We tried to go to a local farm shop, drove through 5 or 6 road-submerging puddles to find the road closed by police about 50 m from the farm shop as there was so much water!  Think I must have started it before yours but I got distracted by a certain someone so the pressing of post was delayed!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    good luck chamolk 
    ale - well done yesterday and a great result for both Leicester and England!
    what - easy 6k on trail
    why - Sunday league xc tomorrow
    last Rest - 7 days 
    last hard - Tuesday 
  • Arrgh where did Saturday go to again?

Will catch up on the way to my HM tomorrow morning.

Good luck tomorrow chamolk! And Dustin too for your XC.

What: 4 recovery with 4 x strides with OH
    Why: race tomorrow
    Last hard: getting into race mood for tomorrow
    Last rest: Friday

Lyrics: no
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. 2.5k walk to expo , same back to hotel, and only 1 pint of Guinness. Just getting my kit together for tomorrow. Due to be a sunny day, but will be about 2 degrees whilst waiting for the start. Bib 6036 

Good luck Hazel and Dustin