Sunday 27th October 2019 - I feel good, I walk alone

Morning.

Lyrics - I feel good, I walk alone
            But then I trip over myself and I fall

Race well chamolk and Hazel - looking forward to the reports.

Is your xc going ahead Dustin? Lots of things cancelled round here this weekend due to the flooding.

Your photos could have been taken here Alehouse - not sure where I'm going to find to run rather than paddle this morning.

That's a shame emzap. Hope you have better luck today.

Cold here - 2C feels like 0 currently according to the Met. I'm not liking winter already!

What:          easy running
Why:           I want to
Last hard:   finding a dry route may be hard
Last rest:    just the gym yesterday
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Good Luck Chamolk ,Hazel and Dustin on your respective races.

Chamolk: I have just set you up to track you so I am willing you on:-)

LMH: Cold here 3 degrees but warmer than you have!

Not sure as slept 12 hours so either a walk or run after the rugby this morning.

Have a great day and stay warm if you can :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning!

Chilly here, but a fine day in prospect.

Lyrics: no; yesterday's were the words to the NZ Haka. Did not strike much fear in England's rugby team!

re yesterday's photos, have never even seen a puddle in those areas before!

What: probably fitness suite and short run

Why: will watch the rugby and then decide

Go well, all racers!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry lmh was going to start at 1.30, then 5 but kept getting distracted by someone...

Go Go hazel and chamolk. Dustin if you are running, please try and stay upright! Looks pretty treacherous out there!

What: maybe a canal walk
    Why: depends on whether we can get to the canal
    Last hard: missing out on some of our shopping due to the road closures!
    Lyrics: no

Have a lovely day and stay warm. Though I do prefer the cold and sunny to warmer and wet
  • Morning!

That must have been a swimming rather than running race Ale.  Like your final k at LFOTM but that train journey less so

Enjoy the rugby those watching.

Like the idea of a pre race Guiness chamolk, lots of carbs..

LMH the finisher night on Friday was for all who ran at least 6 of the 10 races in the series - free meal, awards, lots of chat etc.  My team won a voucher in the raffle. Will pay for a shoe for each of us.

Hope you got home ok Chicksta.

Get well soon WP with the cold.

Glad the funeral went well Wabo.

Hop you can get out emzap, how many days of your taper left now?

What: Lausanne HM
    Why: autumn A race
    Last hard: finding a nice seat on the train. Everybody needs the loo it seems.
    Last rest: Friday

Lyrics: no
  • Sounds like a good evening on Friday Hazel. Hope you've had a great race today.

I prefer bright and cold to warm and wet too emzap, easy to wrap up, get out and enjoy it. I've never seen flooding like we have currently - had to make quite a few diversions on my run, hope you could make it to the canal for a walk.

Hope you feel up to a run today Poppy.

Everything feeling ok after LFotM Alehouse?

Lovely run this morning, it was just so nice to be out and I did want to keep going but I was good and came home after an easy ten miles.
  • Chamolk is doing well not sure what his goal was but looking good.

Email servers been down today after being hacked yesterday:-(

Lets not talk Rugby :(
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon!

Sounds like a decent progressive run around Dublin's fair city, Chamolk! Well done!

I'm not complaining, LMH! Legs not quite right but progress being made. Friday really was only a jog except for the last couple of minutes.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Walked about 6 miles along the canal and lanes in the end. A bit further than anticipated as our way home was flooded so had to take the long way home! Gorgeous day though and lovely to get out. Lucas slept the whole way in the baby carrier :)

Sounds like a good Day out chamolk. Will be interested to hear the race report.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all.

sorry struggling to get on here at present, dont know the lyrics but they are rather apt for me :-)

Steady parkrun yesterday in the wind and rain... countdown well and truly on... 8 to go. Followed that up with just under 6 this morning, 2.5 of those with Mrs RFJ.

looking at stopping my subscription to RW, as this is the only thread I use and I don't get much from the mags these days

Take care
  • Baulked  at swim this morning after getting to slip (a bit choppy)
    XC this afternoon 2nd of 3
    Last hard today (HZ5 all the way as discussed with AH)
    Lyrics no 
    2nd attempt to swim shortly ...

Bitter sweet memories of Lausanne - last time we were there was for our close friend Helen's funeral but many happier memories of times spent with Helen and her husband Ian.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Afternoon!

Well done today, OH: looks like you made a fair effort! Will email re zones!

Should be an interesting 90 minutes or so Wabo! Edit: what a start by Spurs!

Suspect there was a fair amount of glee in the Emz household this morning...but not in WP's!

RFJ: I cancelled my RW subscription last month! Any plans for 500th, date/venue?
  • I don't think you could really have been in Z5 for the whole run OH? Is it a percentage of MHR or WHR you're basing your zones on? Do you know your MHR are have you been using a formula? I didn't know you used a HRM. In the past few days I have found a HRM strap that doesn't seem too uncomfortable, haven't been able to wear one since my accident. I only work in 3 HR zones when training though. Hope conditions were better and you were able to swim.

Glad you managed a good walk emzap.

You don't need a RW subscription to post RFJ.

Sounds positive Alehouse.

It's a pain when we can't access the internet Poppy.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale yes happy here. Will be a tense birthday morning for me next weekend though!
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    3:34:56, pb by almost 21 minutes. First time I actually enjoyed a marathon. But of a problem at the start probably cost me a sub 3:30 finis , but still really happy. I'll post a report later
  • Fantastic chamolk - well done! I'm looking forward to reading the report.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Fantastic result Chamolk a massive PB well done

Ale - likely to be Lydiard Parkrun (what was Swindon changes its name as of next week as we will have a new one in Swindon at last) and will hopefully be on 21 Dec

Thanks LMH, wasnt sure on the posting / subscriptions etc... good :-)
  • Evening again!

Yes, looking forward to the report, Chamolk! Hope you are rehydrating suitably! Wondered why the first 10k was your slowest! No doubt all will be revealed!

LMH: I would agree with you re HR and that is why I said I will email OH! I think it is a newly acquired gadget so they do take some getting used to in terms of zones, especially as there is so much info out there these days, and much of it conflicting. 

Should be an exciting birthday, Emz! Hope you have told Lucas what you want...apart from an England win!
  • Phwoar, that's a monster PB, chamolk 👍 superb

Hope you had a good one, Hazel.

I'm really good at avoiding Z5, OH ;). Too painful. I don't do pain :)

Sounds like a lovely run, LMH. I certainly wasn't up for 10 miles a week after my marathon :)

Back home and exhausted. I hate being stuck in a car for over 10 hours.

• Well done chamolk that's a huge PB! Recover well.

1:34:32 for me, a 2:xx PB. Had a wobble at 18k with nausea and dizziness but managed to speed up again towards the finish.  After the fussing over poor training a better than expected result. Pleased.
  • Brilliant Hazel! Well done! 
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    It’s a new toy (Garmin 35)
    wasn’t looking for HR monitoring but got it by default.
    Have tended to ignore HR monitoring in past (too much like work)
    Garmin 35 certainly seems to give reliable HR figures when not running (with eg RHR 58) and gives a fairly consistent graph from running (see below). Pulse Oximeter gives almost identical readings when sitting in a chair.
    Max Heart rate:
    220-61=159 or
    173/171 as actually recorded over both a good parkrun and xc
    On a learning curve ...
    Thanks AH
  • Hopefully you have an email, OH!
    Looking at that I would guesstimate that your max is higher than 171/173!
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Well done Hazel, great pb. 

Didn't have the best nights sleep last night, 3 poor night's in a row, but didn't feel too bad this morning. Wasn't as cold as the forecast suggested which was nice. Joined the queue for the toilets before starting, and after 35 minutes I was still 6 from the front, and had to go to start as it was 9am and my wave started 09:05. Wave 2 was 3:30-3:59 so I had planned on being at the front to try and go with the 3:30 pacers. Queueing for so long for the toilet unfortunately meant I ended up starting at the very back of the wave, and I still needed to pee. Struggled to pass all those running slower, then had to stop at the first toilets. I think I've attached my splits, but I think I lost 4 minutes just because of this. Once I got a bit of space around mile 4, I got up to 8 minute miles and it went brilliantly. First negative split marathon I've done, and the first I'd say I actually enjoyed.

The day was perfect for it - sunny, cool, dry. The crowd were brilliant, the course was decent. I think I could have probably got under 3:30 without the faff at the start, but I didn't let that bother me, as there were so many positives - big pb, felt great through it, last 8 miles were all under 8 mins each, and I felt surprisingly good afterwards.

Rehydrated, fed, and planning an early night tonight, happy that I had a great race . Thanks for all the good wishes and congratulations
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Great work chamolk and very positive to know you could have gone sub 3.30 (and great attitude too) :)