Monday 28th Oct 2019 - Didn't know what time it was and the lights were low

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Didn't know what time it was and the lights were low

What: walk
Why: check up tomorrow, fingers crossed cleared for more then
Last hard: that walk yesterday wiped me out!

Hope your legs aren't too bad today chamolk

Dustin how did you get on?

Great work hazel! Hope your legs are also ok

Have a great day all

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry, wrong month! Tried to edit and it added another thread! Use this one!
  • Right month Em I hope all goes well today with check up.

Chamolk: What a great attitude and more to come next time Well done on race :)

Hazel what a great race and a PB well done!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Do What U Want - Lady Gaga.

Well done Hazel - great result.

Definitely sounds as though there's more to come then chamolk. You did well to keep your cool with the toilet faff, starting at the back of the pen etc. When's the next one?  :)

Really hope you get the all clear emzap - but easy does it if you do!

That's some travel time in a car chicksta - hope you aren't too stiff this morning.

What zones do you use for HR training Alehouse? I use easy as up to 75% MHR, general aerobic including LSRs 75-85% and tempo/threshold as 85-95%.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            not training at the minute
    Last hard:    adjusting to the drop in temperature
    Last rest:     26/10

Lyrics - not today.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: hope to fit in a short run at some point

Why: got a week's work then going to brother's in Chester to take birthday presents

No time to reply just now LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Swim then work. Monday night loop after work. May need to sort out lights!
    While the mornings are light
    Last hard: getting up
    Lyrics no

Well done Clamolk and good writeup
  • Will play a bit with hrm (comparing to pulse oximeter) on social run tonight ...
  • You sound busy Alehouse.

Do you think that the readings may be incorrect then OH? Very cold here this morning with a heavy frost - hope it's warmer for your swim.
  • Morning!

Crossing fingers already for you for good news tomorrow emzap.

Pleased you had a nice run yesterday LMH.  Temperatures are dropping here this week too after a lovely weekend.

Sorry about the rugby result WP.

Well run RFJ.

Sorry for awaking not so good memories of Lausanne OH.  Enjoy the HR analysis.

Nice report chamolk - thanks.  How are the legs today?  Extra kudos for a great result despite the issues at the start.

Enjoy visiting your brother Ale.

Ouch to 10 hours in the car Chicksta.

What: short recovery run post work if my legs don't seize up by then
    Why: short and gentle one day after a hard race often seems to help
    Last hard: km 18 in said HM
    Last rest: 25.10.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    chamolk - that is just awesome, a massive chunk off the PB and suggests more gains to come.
    Excellently paced too, so no wonder you enjoyed it!
    Hazel - great news on the PB for you too, great running!

What - easy recovery run
    Why - XC race yesterday
    Last rest - 9 days
    Last hard - yesterday

First of the Sunday League races, hosted by my club. It's a 5 mile route, first mile or so on gravel woodland path before you hit the sheep field and then the forest paths...Let's just say that the recent weather, plus non stop rain on Saturday had left it "well watered". Slight route change this year to finish off with a small stream crossing ('to wash the mud off') before a grassy (and hilly) run up to the finish.
    Plan was to run at full effort and see where that got me, fully aware that various minor tweaks and niggles have slowed me this year. To be honest, it was my kind of course, 12 months ago it was pretty dry, yesterday was boggy grass, slippy mud, fallen branches and of course a water crossing. 
    Felt pretty good all the way round and spent the last mile going past people which is always the preferred option. Happy with how I ran it, but I'm fully aware I've lost around 30s/ mile of pace. 
    Still I tend to use XC as strength / core workouts and building up to London this was a good test of the legs. 
    TBH was probably the boot up the backside I needed. 
    Oh and there was cake afterwards. Lots of cake....

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chamolk wow what a on and more to come!!! Well done
    Lmh enjoy the easy
    Hazel hope your legs do hold out for you
    Dustin hope your legs are ok too, how nice to have a stream near the end cos I bet you were muddy!! Nice running, enjoy the recovery
    Emzap have a nice walk and hopefully tomorrow goes well
    Alehouse hope you fit in your run, your team wow!!! Tbh I'm not unhappy about the spurs game at least we looked like we Wanted it but they were just better

What 2.5 done this morning, run/ walk with son later
    Why light morning
    Last hard 6 mixed miles yesterday were
    Last rest 31/12/16
    This morning felt good
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I'm glad you enjoyed your run this morning Wabo. How is your OH doing?

Sounds like you enjoyed it Dustin and if it didn't exacerbate any niggles I reckon you must be in pretty good condition.

Hope you manage to fit that run in Hazel - I'm the same, much better to be moving.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Good work Dustin, sounds like it was a difficult enough race if it was in that sort of condition.

Not sure I'll go for a recovery run Hazel, though I often would after shorter races. 

10 hours in a car sounds awful, it'll only take us about 2 hours to get home from Dublin. I don't think anywhere in Ireland is more than about 4-5 hours from anywhere else.

What - bit of a lie in, nice leisurely breakfast in the hotel, now lying down again while my wife shops. Might have a little walk around soon. Still on a high from yesterday. 
    Why - why not?

Legs are feeling surprisingly good today. We were up a small set of stairs for breakfast earlier and I had no trouble up up or down which was quite good. One thing I've noticed over the last few months of training is that my recovery has been much quicker.

Have a good day everyone 
  • Garmin 35 is new toy and HR recording worth checking.
    Intend comparing to pulse oximeter.
    Also there should be some regrouping stops tonight. HR should drop but not abruptly during these if reading correctly. If HR drops abruptly when I stop moving there is likely to be artefactual error.
  • Swim around wreck (air temp 5°C), home for quick shower then commute (drive) to Stromness (14 miles) for surgery at 9.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Oh, forgot to add
    Lyrics - yes, one of my favourite songs ever, my 3rd son was born to the sound of this album playing
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh chamolk, agree, I know lyrics and love love love!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I've found that the more miles I've put in training the quicker my recovery chamolk. Hope you have a good drive home.
  • Oh wow Hazel, that's a great HM time 👏👏 all the hard work paid off.

Fantastic splits, chamolk. Shows how well you paced it. Great that you didn't let the mishap at the start ruin your race.

Germany is a long country ;) it's over 1100 km from our holiday destination to our home and the first 200k are on B roads with speed restrictions. And no way sadly to benefit from the autobahn with the MTBs on the bike rack...

Dustin: That sounds right up my strasse :) well done. I've entered a hilly, muddy off-road 10k which takes place on Sunday. Looking forward to it. I'm a bit bored with road marathons now that my PB days seem to be over :).

The mountains showed me that there's another running world out there. Too bad I live in the flat North :(

That HR chart looks very plausible to me, OH. No silly spikes. Is it wrist based measuring or strap?

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow's check-up, Em.

I find it hard to adjust to the drop in temps too, LMH. We were so lucky to have a perfect Indian summer in Bavaria. Back home is a different story with single digit temps. And it's now dark at 5pm!

What: 7 miles with 3 steady in the middle, stretches and 30 mins of serious core exercises
    Why: day one of my 24 week plan for Two Oceans
    Last hard: today - body was complaining but I'm used to that after two days without running and the long drive
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes - favourite artist
  • How can you say your marathon PB days are behind you after your performance in Berlin chicksta?