Comrades 2020

Comments

• Peter RPeter R ✭✭✭
    Dubai, try the app its much faster and works
  • I’m in!  I did try earlier and was getting a login error, possibly because I didn’t have my championchip code registered (but they have sorted the login now) .  If you go to http://que.onreg.com/comrades2020 it works
  • Thanks, lowrez - nice to see my name on the list. And yours and others of this parish (so to speak).
    Peter R: sympathies for the knee; hope it settles soon so you can get training and wear your green number with pride!
    Dubai runner: sympathies - hope you can get on the site soon.
  • Debra BourneDebra Bourne ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Dubai runner: try going to the list of entrants (see link from lowrez about 10 posts up - 5 posts up on p24). Put in e.g. my name in the search box. when it comes up, click the Go Back button - when I did that a few minutes ago, instead of taking me back to the main start list it took me back to the page to click on entering as a member of an RSA club or otherwise. Worth a try?
  • Im in (I think)- I got a receipt anyway. Exciting!

Do I need to send them some kind of proof of my qualifier, or just enter details on the form?

I think it said something like 9,000 entries so far, before I prematurely clicked off the page
  • With the entries going so fast I've booked my flights as well now. So going to be a big credit card bill next month.
    Just seen Sophie Raworth on the GBR entries list - wonder if even she ticked the TV personality box on the job title form? Seemed an odd option to have.
  • pottermisspottermiss ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I’ve entered, took a while to get on the site and didn’t have my Championchip number ready, but it’s still on my trainers from this year so a quick dash and it was done. 
    Up to 147 for uk and I recognise a couple of names Holly Rush is on the list.

• ruddy flights have gone up since I last looked- grumble, grumble
  • Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭
    and the website is down......
  • > @Bike It said:
    > and the website is down......

I think the Comrades site is down (as are their phonelines, apparently) but you can go directly to the registration page at http://que.onreg.com/comrades2020 That worked for me
  • johnny - flight prices often go down again around January, if I recall correctly.
    I'm not surprised the website is down given the number of people trying to enter. So glad I got ahead of the rush when Dannirr gave us the heads-up. I was stressed enough with the problems last night - hate to think what it would have been like this morning!
    BikeIt: Try Johnny's suggestion - seems to work!
    Now 172 for GBR - if you triple or even quadruple that to allow for other countries with big numbers entering, there should still be plenty of International places remaining.
  • Wow - entries going fast

• 196 now for GBR including Paul Sinton-Hewitt and millsy.
    johnny1984 my flights had gone up £60 from last week when I booked this morning. I had been planning to wait as Debra suggested, but lost my nerve! Probably be kicking myself in January.
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Yes, I’m in. An early alarm call to get online and secure the spot.

Didn’t get in till 2am as was away all weekend supporting a friend at the World 24hr champs in Albi (France)
  • Terry48Terry48 ✭✭✭
    Wow, great to see the excitement for all of you. No one is wasting any time to enter.  :) . The entries are flying - I can't even open the website for a look-see. 

I'm so jealous of you all. I see my GP tomorrow to receive results from my knee MRI. Sadly, I suspect my knees have probably registered too many years of marathons and Comrades and rebelled against more of the same!  :'( . I do hope to be there again as a supporter / spectator.
  • Terry, I'm still hoping things will somehow improve for you so you can run Comrades again- and there's always the spring entry period. But if you can't then having you there as a supporter will be wonderful!
    Legs are feeling pretty good this morning. Not sure quite what went wrong yesterday. Ah well, three weeks until Wendover Woods 50. Although I'm tempted to go run the Remembrance Day Marathon with Phoenix on my birthday...
  • 1owrez1owrez ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Bike It - make sure you get that registered post entry sent out today! This thing is half sold out already and I assume you need to illustrate you entered whilst entries were still available? I recall it took over two weeks last year for you to get an acknowledgement that you were in?
  • 1owrez1owrez ✭✭✭
    Hoping you get a route back to full working order Terry!
  • Woop Woop! Im in. Looking forward to seeing you all at the start line next year.
  • I’m in - again...
  • Becca7Becca7 ✭✭✭
    Great news that so many of us are in.  Entries seem to go even more rapidly each year and I'm a bit concerned about the extra frenzy that the 100th anniversary is likely to generate.

Fingers crossed for you Terry.

Well done on the 100th Marty and well done also to Debra on a good double.
  • Terry - heres hoping for good news tomorrow about your knee and as Debra says if you can't run, we know you're a great supporter.

Slow Duck - Yay, going for number 20 :)

Anybody going for no 10 this year?

Debra - when is the 100th? Presumably Wendover if you sneak the phoenix remembrance one in?
  • Gulp, I'm entered.

Thanks for the help, got on with the link listed above.

I'm running for UAE, must check back to see how many of us there are.
  • Snail: I won't qualify for 100MC until I run Nottingham Christmas Marathon, as that will be certified road marathon #10. So whether or not I do the Phoenix one and/or the Hugin Challenge (Wednesday 27th November), official 100MC celebration/presentation will be at the START of Usual Suspects on 14th December.
  • Hi all.

I was typing this..

Great to see so many of you already signed up for 2020.
    I am reluctant to do so because I am currently just out enjoying my running and have not been superbly inspired to sign up to any races full stop. I have also been considering giving some other ultras a go like RTTS which is only 3 ish weeks after Comrades.
    Obviously I have to make the decision now.
    Then i got bored half way and sign up. Looks like i'm doing Comrades 2020. See you there :P
  • Mac3Mac3 ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed for your MRI result Terry.  Hopefully better than you think.
    Good to see that most of us are signed up already.
  • marty74marty74 ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm lowrez, cake was consumed after the race and then to a really great Italian restaurant with 11 other club mates to celebrate some more.

I think this is one of the most exciting days of the year, once you have got your entry sorted that is. Can't believe how quick they are going...
  • 20663... In less than 24 hours. Including about 400 before entries officially opened. SO glad I managed to enter before it got manic. Gone are the years when you could ditter for weeks before entering.
  • Gone indeed Debra! It's moved later, I think? Both race and entry dates. remember in 2010 telling some friends I'd signed up for my first and iirc we were all marshalling at Abingdon at the time.
    Ah well Terry the dodgy knees won't stop us from watching next year at least.
  • So Debra......... It would appear I will need some advice on what to do to allow my legs to recover after Comrades and before NDW 100  :)

Lowrez - Mr SS and I are booked into ONOMO hotel.

Very exciting. See you all there if not before :)