Sunday 3rd November 2019 - We're no strangers to love You know the rules and so do I

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I

Yesterday's were it's my party Lesley Gore

What: hoping another run walk
Why: slowly getting back to fitness
Last hard: rugby

Lmh hope you've had a good flight and the weather is nice and warm.

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning.

Well done OH.

Hope the cakes were appreciated and you had a nice time emzap.

What:             Probably nothing 
    Why:              Tired and need to get orientated once it’s light
    Last hard:       It was a long day yesterday 
    Last rest:        Yesterday though it didn’t feel very restful.

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Just 4 degrees here; I imagine that you can add 20 to that, LMH!

What: long fitness suite, short run

Why: current Sunday routine

Hopefully run with M74 tomorrow.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • And the rest Alehouse? Forecast 29C today and getting hotter for the next few. Waiting for it to get light - not helped by the clocks changing here last night.
  • Morning!

Well danced and run OH.

Enjoy the heat LMH. 

Been a while since you were out with M74 Ale?

Cosi fan tutte Chicksta. Quite liked it, was in modern dress.

Biscuits and cakes look lovely emzap. Are they all gone? Have a good run-walk.

Well done for getting out to parkrun RFJ.

Nice parkrun too chamolk.

What: some general aerobic miles once we get home, probably with strides.
    Why: finishing off post HM recovery week
    Last hard: navigating around central Zurich yesterday evening. Even with electronic assistance not so simple.
    Last rest: 29.10

Lyrics: tune familiar, can't remember who it was.
  • Morning

OH : Great work on race and dancing :)

Nice parkruns Chamolk and RFJ :):)

LMH: Enjoy the sunshine

What: 6.12 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last Hard: Virus/weather
    Lyrics:Blimey i think I got it

Well I woke up splitting headache and not sleeping  back to bed then forced myself out and rewarded with  the best run for 6+ weeks and No calf and hamstring pain which is the first time since September Race....yay

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon!

Decent effort in the fitness suite this morning...which meant legs struggled on my short run. 

Hazel, last time I ran with M74 was mid-August, in fact it will be 11 weeks, although it seems longer! What are your race plans over the next few months?

How are the legs. OH?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Bet it's nice to be out with your friend again, ale.

Hazel: Not generally a big fan of modern opera staging but sometimes the directors get it right. Sounds like the singers were good.

Not surprised you're tired, LMH. Overseas travel and jet lag can take it out if you. Hope you find some good running trails. Whereabout in Florida are you this time?

Sounds like a lovely run, poppy.

Nice post marathon parkrun plus miles, chamolk

Em: your hubby would probably disagree re. rugby

What: Herbst Härte Hitzacker trail 10k
    Why: there's a bit if a cult around this event and I always fancied a go
    Last hard: avoiding a face plant in tricky terrain
    Last rest: a week
    Lyrics: yes

Had a great time at the event. It's one of these low key events for runners by runners. For roughly tenner (14 Euros) you get race entry, a t-shirt, bus to the start line (it's point to point) and free hot dogs afterwards. Very slick organisation. They also provide a baggage van so you don't have to stand around shivering in race gear - I chose to wear a long sleeve and buff. Scary looking trail whippets and a healthy respect for the terrain made me line up at the back. At the end of the day I wanted to get a good hill workout from this and not a fast time. First k reduced me to walk after about 200m due to congestion. Everyone had to file onto a rather narrow single trail. At the end it was close to a 10 min first k :D. By then I had started chatting with a friendly group of locals with whom I ran and kept nattering towards the end apart from the most brutal of the 12 ascents (they claim it's a 30% gradient) and the stairs into the vineyard towards the end which shut all of us up. The trail had very few muddy sections. It was mostly forest paths with tree roots and occasionally loose bits of rock. And there was a lot of sand (typical for ice age moraines). We had to jump over a grassy knoll at some point ending ankle deep in a sand pit :+1: which was fun :)

10 out of 10 for a great day out in a lovely area. Want to go back and explore more with the MTB.

Time was 1:03, so nothing to write home about but the 233m of ascent and some step downhills made this a great training run.
  • Finally at the top

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a really fun day out chick and great hill training.

Just did 5km run/walk 1 min run 1min walk and found my easy run pace to be my old pace so pleased with that (I was making an effort to take it slowly, I really wasn't trying to hit my old pace).  Feeling much more confident to start slowly building now :)
  • Good news about your hamstring Poppy.

Sounds like a good workout and more importantly an enjoyable run chicksta. We are in Siesta Key.

Hope you have a good journey home Hazel.

That’s really nice to hear emzap.

How are your niggles now Alehouse?

Just three miles for me this morning once it got light. Getting through the rest of today on my three hours sleep is going to be somewhat challenging but experience tells me that if I can I will just about be adjusted to the time here.
  • Hobble up and down Birks o' Aberfeldy
    (Right inside ankle was sore before race)
    Kill or cure. Now in Embra with oldest daughter
    Last hard yesterday
    Lyrics no

• Afternoon!

Careful, Emz! Don't rush things!

Sounds like a nice day out, Chick!

Raining now, LMH: bet you are missing it! Re niggles, will have a better idea after my "long" (probably 25-30 minutes) run with M74 tomorrow. Today's shorter run was a struggle but had worked hard on glutes and hamstrings just prior. 

Just purchased a Garmin 45 from Sportsshoes.com for £135.99: should be £169.99 but code SDA7 worked for 20% off. The 45 is a newish updated model of the 35.
  • Garmin 35 (and presumably 45) Bluetooth synchronised with Garmin connect on smart phone can give quite a bit of activity analysis.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I have Garmin 35 and find it pretty good ale
  • Hopefully the 45 will be even better!

Legs, OH?
  • Just remembered I didn't post this morning.

Glad the hamstring is OK Poppy
    Sounds like a nice race Chick
    Good to hear Emz
    OH - pretty serious climbs bookending that ultra, well done

Lyrics - yes
    What - rest day though legs feel fine. Lovely sunny day today here, really wanted to go running (on a trail nearby, inspired by all your recent posts), but still in recovery mode. 22 weeks to Paris and wanting to get training started. This is worse than the taper
  • If you feel ok and want to run chamois I’d do so.
  • Yeah, I ended up running a lot more than I had expected just after London and it went fine, but I feel I should take at least 1 week recovery, mainly as I know I'm going back in to a training period. Done 13.1 miles this week. Think I'll start upping it this coming week, but just keep the pace relaxed