Why: social exercise and fresh air
Last hard: taking it easy so no hard :smile:

Lmh hope you beat the jet lag

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: of course

What: easy run, in theory

Why: run with M74 friend. He is on a cutback week, which suits me, I hope.

Could get rather wet.

Good to meet up with the other mums, Emz. And dads?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well ale, this is what I keep saying but not so far. I think everyone's going to get a bit of a shock at 6 months when my husband starts turning up to the baby things (he's doing 6months paternity)...
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Apologies for being awol...
    Chick - looks like a cracking event, right up my strasse
    OH - I imagine teh dancing/running legs are a little weary today?
    Ale - did you report the splasher? I got your message too, will reply when I get a sec.
    LmH - Happy holidays!
    Emz - belated birthday wishes, cakes and bisuits looked good. Leftovers?

An eventful weekend: Leeds and back in a day on Saturday. Long story short eldest has decided to move back home, so house being re rented. Will need to go back again next weekend to bring back more stuff but hopefully that's it. 8+ hours in driving rain, with a stinking cold. I've had more pleasurable Saturdays...
    Sunday managed 13 trail miles, very wet and boggy. Then off to kids XC league meeting. Another local club hosting so imagined I'd be out on the course supporting some of the under 11s (and older ones). 
    Half hour before the first race, host club realise they hadn't organised timekeepers....so I found myself scoring all 7 races (with help) ...Oh, and after a bright start, it rained.

Today - easy lunchtime
    Why - stretch legs, clear head
    last rest - 16 days
    last hard - getting through the weekend 

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Morning.

Bit of time travelling going on this morning? 😊

Great adulting over the weekend Dustin. Hope you are feeling better.

Enjoy the run with your friend Alehouse.

Only up a couple of hours earlier than I’d like this morning emzap so if the clocks hadn’t changed here I’d have been about where I usually am at home. Hope the weather is kind and you have company for your walk.

chamolk - I think that as long as you keep it easy and do what you feel like rather than ‘training’ for another week you’ll be fine.

31C but cloudy forecast for us today- will just have to make the best of it 😊 Our apartment is right on the beach and great for views (though no dolphins spotted yet) but unfortunately there is no flat bit and my knee was not happy walking along it yesterday so no running on the beach this year from the looks of it and limited walking which is a shame. There is free trolley bus though and I’m wondering if it might be possible to do some kind of ride/walk or even maybe run combo later in the week.

What:           Short and easy
    Why:             I want to
    Last hard:     Walking along the beach 
    Last rest:      2/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

Sounds an exhausting weekend, Dustin!

What: run with M74 d&d. Not sure how long as battery went on watch!

Why: trying to run a bit further. Probably just over half an hour, and definitely enough. Legs coped but they were very tired towards the end. Will see how they are tomorrow! 

Emz: are there any pramfit or buggyfit classes near you? South Manchester seems to have loads! You will probably be ready for something like that in the new year, I imagine. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Enjoy your walk if it hasn't already happened emzap.

Will be nice for you to catch up with M74 I imagine ale.  For the next couple of months I have no races planned - I might do one or two low key local ones just for fun but will otherwise concentrate on some base training. 

Tough weekend Dustin - in particular with the cold on top.  Seems you could do with a workday to recover!

Good your run helped to clear your headache yesterday WP and great news on the niggles.

That race really sounds like it was fun Chicksta. 

Hope you can catch up on sleep and adjust swiftly to the times LMH.

I can imagine that last hill was hard OH (and the rest too).  I think your legs are right to complain!

Familiar feeling that you want to get stuck into training for your next race after a good one Chamolk.  Do you have a training plan for your next mara in mind? 

What: rest day - will do some back and core exercices later and a nice walk
    Why: Monday
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no today.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oops, sorry. I even double checked the date before I posted... Blame the lack of sleep!
  • I never noticed, Emz!
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    A bit of gentle shopping.
    When in Embra ...
    Few hards in last day or two - mostly related to stairs. Also playing chess (1st time in about 20y) against our friend's  son. Got thrashed!
    Today was a rest day , other than stroll along (Kirkcaldy) seafront in wind and rain. Decided to postpone starting Polar Bear Challenge until I get home!
    Lyrics yes!

• Looks bracing, OH! The cold water would of course do your legs good!

Having only had 3 days work last half term, I worked 4 days last week and am now booked for two different schools for tomorrow and Friday. And quite possibly the two days in between. More days than I want but will pay for that festival towards the end of December (must feed the cake) and the new watch, which is due to arrive tomorrow.

Hope the sun came out LMH.
  • I had to look up Embra to see where it was, had never heard that name for it before OH.

Ale - hope the new watch is worth all the work.

Emzap - hadn't noticed the date thing until you mentioned it

Hazel - no specific plan. I like to read different coaches and take bits from each. I've got plenty of positives to take from my last training schedule that I'll use again. General idea is about 6 weeks base training (will include some hills), 4 weeks speed, then 10 weeks marathon specific. I enjoy planning out schedules, though I tend to use them as a guide rather than an absolute plan to follow - few key workouts each week, couple of easy runs, but with work /Family stuff it's rare that I even follow one week as it was initially written.

What - lovely 3 mile walk in local hills, then 6.4 mile run with the club tonight, at the faster end of easy pace. Felt fairly good.
    Last rest - yesterday. Still going to only run every other day this week

Lyrics - I know the song and what it's from, but not the name /who sings it
  • Fortunately the forecast was wrong and it’s been a lovely day. Had Avery enjoyable six mile run this morning and a tough four mile beach walk this afternoon during which many dolphins were seen. I do so love to watch them.

I’m glad you have the work you wanted Alehouse.

Shopping rather than swimming OH? Did I read that correctly?!?

Hope you enjoyed your walk Hazel.

You seem to have it pretty sussed chamolk.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Well, we'll see in a few months I suppose. It all sounds good in theory. 

Run and beach sounds lovely