Giving up the booze

Comments

• Not sure I could give up the end of day glass of red
  • can be done you will feel alot better and soon realsie you dont need it. Of course you may well decided to enjoy the occasional drink but not binge. good luck
  • I gave up the booze 12 years ago and haven't looked back since. I got into yoga and meditation which made me realise that I was only drinking as a crutch and didn't really need it. There are so many upsides - no hangovers, saving money, being able to walk straight and have more control over your body as well as your mind and actions.
  • I brew my own beer, so I haven't been able to completely cut out drinking, but I have found it easier to lose and keep off weight by not drinking on the weekdays, and only having one or two beers on the weekend.
  • Good luck, I need one now and again, maybe if you get the urge replace with a jog? Just been out it is very cold!
  • Lemon Aid Rehab & Fitness

Laser Therapy or Photobiomodulation Therapy has been research backed to improve physiological and performance parameters for recreational runners.

Here at Lemon Aid Rehab & Fitness we offer a combination of manual therapy i.e, exercise rehabilitation and K-Laser therapy.

I understand this may not fit the criteria for this buy and sell page however I think it's a massive breakthrough for a lot of members within this group!

Visit the link below to claim your FREE assessment and K-Laser taster session.
    www.lemonaidrehab.com

Rimington, Lancashire
  • I really wish that more people would be like this. SOmeone who can actually think for himself, hats off
  • Im new here. Just decided to knock the booze on the head myself after finding out I’ve got high blood pressure at age 30!

Been out and got a pair of running trainers today and just stumbled across this group.
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    Welcome Garrry. Good luck with the running. 
  • I decided to give up drinking for the same reason.

A pint of lager is around 180 calories and on a night out if you have about eight pints that's 1440 calories.

When I first stopped drinking my mates used to tell me to stop being a bore, etc. That was until they realised that I didn't need a drink to have a laugh ...and that as I was staying sober I could drive everyone, LOL.
  • Also was told that "drinking was borrowing happiness from the next day". Which is definitely true as it takes a lot longer for me to recover from a night out now.
  • For me, I simply don’t drink mon- thurs and the fri-sun I relax and see how I feel.
  • What do people think about swapping beer for gin? I heard it healthier and a good alternative if you just fancy a nice cool beer on a hot day.
  • Hello everyone. I hope you don't mind me posting on here but a friend and I are looking at doing some research on running to create a brand new fitness app designed for you, regardless of your abilities and goals.

We really need some help and feedback from people of all abilities. Any help you can give to fill out the survey, or if you have friends that run that could also fill the survey out we would be most grateful. :)

It's a Google form, should take less than 5 minutes and we'll use the data that we collect to inform the design of the app. The survey is completely anonymous, we don't capture your details and there is also an email address at the start of the survey if you have any questions.

The survey address is:

https://bit.ly/2m4RBjL

Thanks,
    Pete.
  • I stopped drinking 19 years ago. Best thing i ever did. Really enjoyed the drinking part, but the day after was miserable.
    Don't begrudge anyone else drinking. But can be tiring watching them, plus for the 1st few days or weeks your mates will be telling you just to have one, it'll be fine....
  • I'm doing the 3 drink rule no more than twice a week- no . more than 3 drinks at one time, whether that's a glass of fizz or a pint regardless of the occasion ( wedding, birthday whatever) It's really helped me cut down because I'm more mindful of what `i drink and how quickly!
  • Good luck, all I can say is that establishing a good diet routine is the key to any major change to shift weight.
  • Do enjoy the odd pint so won't stop altogether. Races on a weekend has helped with cutting down on weekend drinks
  • Can anyone be so kind as to tell me how you start a new thread?
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Jc1142 - I assume (like me) you're new - apparently we need to post ten comments as replies to other posts first, then we can start our own threads
  • I only drink on occasions now - maybe a can when I travel to the OH's but I pretty much only drink water now. Just better for you from what I understand, no sugars, additives or chemicals
  • I have only one kidney.
  • I used to live a happy life in new orleans until this mrs Obama woman came around to my house offering her OBAMA CARE and it ruined me. now I had my kidney stolen from me and I cannot get it back from the law . bush did 9/11. xoxoxx
  • Hi, I've just joined the forum because I'm on a massive health kick before the christmas binging starts. I'm thinking about doing the One Year No Beer Challenge. Has anyone ever tried it? I've given up alcohol for a few weeks and I can feel the difference in my sleep and energy levels already. I'm thinking of sticking to it for the whole of November and then give myself a break over christmas before trying it for 12 months starting in January.
  • Good luck!

I gave up alcohol during training for my first HM in 2017 and now I rarely drink. Actually improves your life in many more ways than just the running. Keep it up!
  • Hi, good luck ses. Yes I've heard of the one year no beer challenge. I think there are different challenges and stages, no just fully cutting out the beer for a year. I've tried it for a while and barely drink now. I feel like I sleep so much better without alcohol. I've just had a look on his website and it says 79% of people noticed that they got better sleep. I thought it would have been more than that.
  • @Zed100 there are so many benefits, sleep has definitely been a massive change for me, but so has my stress levels. The Pro-Fit fitness podcast has an episode with Andy Ramage on it: https://mattrobinson.blog/014/
  • Just passed 9 sober this month. I hope OP stayed good in his goal and stayed Sober, After going through several of the back pages I couldn't find any recent followup comments from the OP though. Keep at it!