Saturday, 9th November 2019 - It's a mystery to me

Morning!

Been ages since I started the thread. Someone is usually up rather than me :smile:

Lyrics: it's a mystery to me
The game commences

Great pics, OH and Chamolk. And wow, wot a hilly profile!

Ale: that's good news re. your daily running.  Fingers crossed 🤞

What: 6 miles shortly,  then off to parkrun. Tailwalking today
Why: I want to
Last hard: sleeping - toothache kept me up again
Last rest: didn't run yesterday but went to the gym

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning chick

Lucas just slept 9.30-5.15 hence me not being up!

What: hoping 1 min 30 run, 1 min Walk at parkrun
    Why: I can and oh can have Lucas
    Last hard: my walk yesterday!
    Lyrics: no

Oh and chamolk what lovely pictures
    Wabo any sign of baba?
    Lmh how long are you there?
    Ale parkrun? Or is it too flooded?

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning
    EM: RHR is still  up but this morning dropped to 7 beats up rather than 10+ but I think I am on the mend-yay.
    Great news with Lucas sleeping all night!! good luck today :)

Chamolk: so you were running towards the Black Mountain......we often visit the Black Mountain but the one in Wales;-) great photo's

OH Fab!

What: A run
    Why: Because I can
    last hard: Virus and rain today
    Lyrics: Oh yes indeed one I bought I think a 12"

Good luck with the weather it is -1 and raining which is novel.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all 
    Emzap great sleeping by Lucas! No sign, I popped round last night. Ooh exciting about park run! Enjoy
    Poppy enjoy the run hope the viruses shifts soon
    Chick up and at em early! 

I think I'll have a day of what I want as a tickly throat has gone to something else overnight, coughing up not nice!!!!
    What possibly only a mile or two and not park run and Tai chi :-(
    Why sensible head
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    It isn't good that I'll have to be around Giselle and Reggie like this but if bubba comes not much we can do!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were King of The Road, Roger Miller.

re parkrun, the one at the end of my road is underwater; whether other local ones will be on I am about to find out!

What: possible parkrun; officiating at xc and will probably paddle a little more then

Why: long run in company (!) plus help is needed. 

Ice on top of the water now: just been de-icing the car.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I have just walked to village and icy in places and torrential rain so I am going to wait till after 10am to see if it is easier for a run .
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Fields at the end of my road and venue for my nearest parkrun.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Different playing fields that OH will know; the notice amused me!

Burnage parkrun just a couple of hundred metres away is on!
  • Morning again!

parkrun d&d, and remarkably dry, all things considering. Run on an alternative course which I made slightly long at 5.11k. Very narrow and congested for the first km or so, plus a few other slight bottlenecks. Just over 25 minutes I think, running progressively, the last k being a minute faster than the first! Bright and cold, only 2 degrees just before the start so was well wrapped up, including gloves. 

Supermarket shopping then standing on a corner of some damp or muddy field I imagine; forecast is more rain and the skies are darkening by the minute.
  • Morning.

I do hope this freak weather isn’t a sign of things to come Alehouse. I am worrying that it could be a bad winter - not that I can do anything about it apart from buy more kit.......

Nice sleeping by Lucas, let’s hope that continues.

Enjoy the run and volunteering chicksta.

Sorry to hear you’re unwell Wabo, hope it passes quickly.

Hope the weather picked up and you had a good run Poppy.

We have another week here. 

It’s strange, I’m sleeping better (still waking around 0400hrs but then dozing until around 0600hrs), not running much and only walking about as much as I do at home but I’ve been shattered the last couple of nights - falling asleep on the sofa at 2000hrs last night! Felt so tired yesterday morning I was considering not running but then had a really good one - as usual my easy pace is getting faster in the heat. Anyway.

What:          Short and easy
    Why:           On holiday 
    Last Hard:   I’m not doing hard
    Last rest:     2/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Dry but cool here.

parkrun timekeeping
    It's Saturday
    Last hard was yoga
    Been a few rest days this week
    Lyrics no

South Manchester  aquascape looking lovely but perhaps not boding well for running, AH
  • I think you're still jetlagged, LMH. I need about two weeks to adjust and tend to fall asleep over dinner almost every night when I go to the US ;) good that you can enjoy running in the heat.

That's hilarious, ale. At least swimming seems to be allowed :D  well done at parkrun

Hope you managed to get out, poppy.

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough, wabo.

Hope your parkrun went well, em.

I persuaded hubby to come with me today which was nice. Luckily it was dry when we started whereas I got soaked on my 6 miler beforehand.
  • I don’t usually have a problem with it after the first day or so chicksta but I guess that might have changed.

Haven’t been out for my run yet as it’s wet and windy - not what I came to Florida for! Mind you at least it isn’t cold with it and I’m not worried about trying to find a route that isn’t flooded.
  • I am happy to report 4 miles done at mid day as a break in weather and an unheard of time for me but I had so much enforced rest days I was determind to make it work for me .
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Evening

Nice pics from OH, Chamolk and Ale.

Well done to Lucas for the long sleep - hope he keeps that up emzap. Did you get to parkrun as planned?

Nice you had company from your OH chicksta.

Get well soon Wabo.

Nice parkrunning Ale, hope you didn't freeze at XC.

Good you found an appropriate timeslot for better weather conditions WP.

Did you also get a chance of a dry run LMH?

What: 8 miles with strides
    Why: ticking over
    Last hard: shifting lots of leaves from a to b. Snow shovel quite useful for that.
    Last rest: 5/10.

Lyrics: nope.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yes parkrun completed. 1 min 30 Run, 1 min Walk as planned and got round in 35 min :) pleased with the start of my comeback. Wasn't really out of breath but knew I had to take it easy so was good.  Sunny but cold for the run. Pouring by the time we went into town
  • Evening!

Well done Emz! Progress!

Managed another 25 minutes in fits and starts at xc, most of it fairly quickly. Surprisingly dry both from below and above. 
  • You’re doing great emzap.

That sounds like hard work Hazel, must be good for your core. Like Poppy I eventually made it out for my run at 1200hrs by which point it had warmed up somewhat as well as having stopped raining, still breezy but that was quite nice.

Sounds as though you are over whatever it was Poppy.

Glad you stayed dry Alehouse.

The cooler weather made for more comfortable walking this afternoon and we have enjoyed a pleasant six miles which included a stop for amazing ice cream and a short trip on the trolley.