Monday, 11th November 2019 - no shadow, no stars

Lyrics: No shadow, no stars
There's no moon
No cars

Frosty start this morning. Brrr.

Would like to run for an hour but may cut it short :)

Comments

• Morning!

Ignore my thread!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Nice 12 miler yesterday chicksta.  Frosty is okay but I'm not keen on the fog here this morning.

Good running RFJ.

Exciting times waiting for the baby Wabo.

How was the drum circle LMH?

No bus run then Ale?

What: rest day
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: Hamburg or Vienna marathon?? - hmm need to make a decision! (have dumped Zurich, Manchester, Freiburg (Germany) and Geneva off the list now)
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no

• Morning again!

Yes, Hazel, bus run still planned, but a shorter version.

It isn't raining here; snowing instead! 

Don't know Chick's lyrics.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Blimey ale, snow!! Please keep it :)

They're both great marathons, Hazel. Vienna is hillier (I've only done the half and one other bit as a relay). Hamburg is prone to April storms. Both can also be quite warm.

Hamburg clashes with our trip to South Africa (we're flying back on the 19th), otherwise I'd be happy to be your tourist guide :)

It was foggy as well as frosty today. And windy as well. My least favourite weather. What a difference to yesterday! Ground six rather miserable miles out.
  • Morning,

Frosty -1c this morning but no snow!

What 5.7 miles
    Why  extending run and pick up supplies in village
    Last hard: Virus  and tiredness
    Lyrics: Nope

Really pleased with run and if I was not time poor would have gone further :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hello all, 
    OH, Chamolk - great pictures
    Emz - Great to hear about Lucas's sleep on Friday night & well done on the park run
    Ale - park swim?
    LmH - couldn't manage three ice creams? That's not even trying....

awol much of the weekend (XC)
    Saturday was round two of the county xc league, I'm team manager so was there from 10ish and the rain started about 10:15. It did not stop, and got progressively heavier. By 2:15 I was questioning why on earth I was going to run.
    Glad I did, a beauty of a course with thick mud, twsity descents (and climbs) through the trees plus some meandering around (and across) several muddy fields.
    Just shy of 6 miles, not super quick but actually picked up the closing couple of miles and gained a few places. 
    caked in mud, soaked to the skin so a warm shower was much appreciated.
    Sunday was round 2 of the lower key, Sunday League. Around a country Park just off the A3 with many hills and again pretty wet and muddy in places. Ran to feel, and picked up (again) over the closing couple of miles.

Today - easy lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    Last rest - three weeks
    last hard - the weekend
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Morning again!

Dustin: sounds like a fun weekend! And the parkrun I went to was remarkably dry given the playing fields nearby were suitable for boating. I posted a photo on Saturday with a notice that amused Chick and I! 

Well, definitely four seasons in a day so far this morning: torrential rain, snow, sleet...and then sunshine for my run!

What: 39 minutes, largely off road but largely on decent surfaces, standing water apart.

Why: had to go to the bank in the next "village", so drove there then got the 42B and ran back by a circuitous but almost traffic free course. Potentially a nice run but legs were struggling and had to stop a couple of times to stretch the hamstrings; no doubt a legacy of Saturday and little doubt that the hamstrings are doing too much of the work rather than the glutes. Was dressed for the other three seasons!
  • Morning.

Busy weekend Dustin? No day off for Veterans Day?

Are you looking for a time or experience Hazel? The drum circle was entertaining, lovely listening to it on the beach as the sun set.

A shame you had to cut your run short Poppy but good that you felt up to doing more.

That does not sound like an enjoyable run chicksta but good to get the miles in.

You have done quite a lot in the last few days Alehouse.

We are planning to drive to the Legacy Trail for a run this morning. How far I run will mostly depend on how long Mark decides he wants to run for.

What:           Easy miles
    Why:            More ice cream may feature later today 
    Last hard:    Still working on whether to stick with the salted caramel
    Last rest:     2/11

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Force 7/8 and heavy rain - swimming cancelled
    Monday night loop later ...
    Not icecream weather here!
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Dustin your race report made me smile. Bet we've all had those runs. 
    Just shooting in, still no bubba. I've actually had a rare thing today, sick day!!! I hardly do but my glands were up and I felt rough this morning so thought s*d it
    Oh that is not ice cream weather for sure
    Lmh salted caramel I'm jealous, have a lovely run 
    Alehouse 4 seasons in one run, sounds like a Song
    WP great running
    Chick sorry your 6 were miserable, weather wise I'm sure
    Hazel enjoy the rest
    What, walk mile with daughter then jogged back
    Why she popped in for coffee
    Last hard mmm where to start 🤪
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope you feel better soon Wabo

Only had 2 of those seasons today here Alehouse, rain and sun

Busy weekend Dustin. I've wondered about trying cross county, but not really sure where to start. I like trails and hills, but not much experience with grass/fields, especially if wet

Good to hear Poppy

What - 1 hour, just over 7 miles, including a bit of uphill
    Why - base training

Lyrics - no

• Sorry to hear that you’re feeling poorly Wabo. Hope you are soon better.

Are you a member of a running club chamolk? That’s usually the way into xc.

Blue Jay, bald eagle and turkey buzzards spotted on this morning’s run. Not looking forward to returning to UK weather.
  • Yeah, in a local club , but it's not a "serious" running club compared to some. A few guys do xc, but nothing organised by the club - it's more a club to encourage beginners, they run the c25k etc, though there is a faster group I tend to train with. I mostly joined too get my affiliation number for athletics NI so I could get cheaper race entry, but I've enjoyed the social aspect of running with others too
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Yesterday's lyrics were September Earth, wind and fire

What: 3 km run 2min walk 1
    Why: regaining fitness
    Last hard: that wasn't easy in the dark!
    Lyrics: nope

Get well soon wabo
    Dustin X country sounds fun
    Ale that's a lot of seasons, we only had cold and sunny
    Lmh what flavour did you go for?

Have a lovely evening all
  • Evening!

Well done Emz, but take it easy!

Still raining here and has done since half 11, that is when it hasn't been sleeting.
  • A wet (and windy) Monday evening 5k loop with 2 like-minded!
  • Kentucky bourbon maple and coffee crunch emzap. I don’t think the five and a half miles walked will have accounted for much of it - and I don’t care at the minute 😊 Hoping to manage at least one more visit- I think I need the salted caramel again. 

Hopefully the the guys who do run xc will be able to point you in the right direction chamolk.

Apparently this morning’s blue jay was actually a scrub jay. Small flock of parakeets spotted this afternoon.