Tuesday 12th November 2019 I could be a millionaire if I had the money

Morning!

Lyrics: I could be a millionaire if I had the money
I could own a mansion, no I don't think I'd like that

What: short run, long stretch

Why: being careful/needs must

Wouldn't even think about home and the weather, LMH!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    You're up early ale

Lucas just woke up. I went to sleep at 9!!

What: walking rusty
    Why: not a run day. Friend coming to visit
    Last hard: last night though that was mostly as I'm not used to running in the dark!
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh sounds nice. Don't worry about whether you've earned your ice cream with the walking: a) you're on holiday b) you've had a carp year and c) you do way more exercise than most people who wouldn't think twice.

Ale how are the water levels?

Have a good one
  • Morning again!

Yes, awake early, Emz! Either due to sneezing or rain against the window. Still pouring! Will check water levels when I venture out.
    "Walking rusty"?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Wish I could get up in the mornings - discipline I guess.

Well done on your run emzap and enjoy your friend's visit.

Chicksta I am tending more towards Hamburg despite your weather warning.  Vienna is on my to do sometime list though.

LMH I will be looking for a time (and experience). Sun is shining here today so that at least would be ice cream weather but at 1 degrees at the moment a bit chilly.  Interesting bird spots.

Busy weekend Dustin - sounds like you really enjoyed the muddy XC.

Nice bus run Ale.

Good news that you were feeling good for your run WP. 

Shame the swimming was cancelled OH.

Hope you feel better today Wabo.

What: group run with some padding kms
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 11.11.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale no idea what I meant!!!  Back to until 8. Means I got about 10 hours of sleep!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    chamolk - a number of running clubs compete in XC, and most regions have a more social Sunday league. 
    The Saturdays are usually county leagues with bigger clubs & faster runners.
    Our Sunday League has 23 clubs, and there is a large cross section of runners of all abilities. Oh and there is usually cake at the end!

What - clubnight, 5mins/4mins/3mins/2mins/1min at increasing efforts. recovery is half the rep time, easy.
    Why - sounded lieka good idea at the time
    last rest - 3 weeks ago
    last hard - Weekend XC. 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all

Thanks all getting there but still coughing!
    dustin enjoy your club night
    emzap nice sleeping!
    hazel enjoy the group run
    lyrics no
    alehouse, enjoy the short run and stretching

what: mile d&d in case, might do more later
    why: baby depending...
    last hard: this morning I guess
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good un all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon...just!

What: short run around local water park. Paths are cinder and in the main were ok. 

Why: hamstrings not great so that was enough. Work to be done on the legs this evening!

re water levels, slightly worse than at the weekend. As I write the Environmental Agency are pumping water out of the rugby club at the end of my road, where the nearest parkrun is based. Not quite sure where they are going to be able to pump the water to! 

Enjoy your respective club nights, Hazel, Dustin!
  • Morning.

Good sleeping emzap! I’m not really worried about earning my ice cream (and other indulgences) as I see this as my end of season break and a time to put on some weight which the spring marathon miles should take care of by race day.

Which marathon do you think will give you the best chance of a time then Hazel? I think getting up in the morning is mostly practice/habit.

Dustin - I don’t know if xc is organised the same way in N.I?

We are forecast a cold day tomorrow Alehouse so I’ll be starting to acclimatise.

Glad you’re feeling a bit better Wabo.

My right hip hurt when I woke up to the extent that I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to run but fortunately it is fine now I’m up. A visit to Myakka State Park planned for later as Mark wants to see alligators- not sure I’m so keen!

What:            Short and easy
    Why:             Enjoying running in the warm
    Last hard:     Choosing ice cream flavours
    Last rest:      2/11

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • 4.5 miles. Feeling cold but at least dry today.
    No umph today
    Lyrics: no
  • Agree with LMH, Hazel. We're creatures of habit. I'm such a morning person now that I have serious trouble running later in the day :D

Glad your hip calmed down, LMH. Not a big fan of reptiles either.

As for Hazel's spring marathon choice: I'd say Hamburg has a slightly faster course and definitely bigger crowds.

Still no baby news, wabo? Glad you're on the mend.

Nice xc running at the weekend, Dustin. I wish we had this in Germany (just for the cake of course) but it's an Anglo-Saxon thing. No xc at schools either.

Impressive sleeping, em ;)

What: 6 mile rolling hills on the TM/45 mins core
    Why: xt day
    Last hard: work
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were Tom Waits, November
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

not a morning person by any stretch and is rare for me to run early doors....

Oh I miss the XC's but I would be on the floor more times than most if i did it now esp at 10000m as most are... 10k on the road is a stretch....

anyway, some good news, the niggle looks to have eased finally so managed some intervals for the first time in over 6 weeks, (10 x 150m of the same recovery) and felt good :-) i'll take that.

Take care
  • I’m not sure how six miles can be a cross training day chicksta?

Are you finished racing for this year OH or do you have more planned?

Good news on the niggle RFJ.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Think baby coming.....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can