Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - I love you But I gotta stay true

I love you
But I gotta stay true

Wabo exciting! Hope all goes well

Rfj can understand that re X country.

What: will do 3 or 4 km run/walk plus a walk this morning
Why: getting back to it/friend got a dog so going for a walk with them
Last hard: only getting out for a short walk yesterday, weather was dreadful!

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning!

Keep us posted, Wabo!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were, Home Thoughts from Abroad, Clifford T. Ward.

What: short run?

Why: have a bad head cold, has come out of the blue. Keeping me awake.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Oh no, Ale :( hope it doesn't spread. I remember you struggling for a long time with a bad chest infection.

Enjoy your walk,  em.

Nice speed work, RFJ.

Exciting,  Wabo 

LMH: hills and strength are my crosstraining :) As long as I don't have any niggles I might as well run rather than bore myself rigid on the elliptical or the stationary bike.

Out for a few miles shortly.
  • Morning

No run yesterday too tired so hoping to get out asap to beat the kids .

Wabo exciting
    Ale: Oh no hope itgoes as quickly as it came!
    Out for a few mile once coffee is drunk :) and this is late for me!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hope you managed to beat the kids, poppy. I try to avoid them too :)

Had a really good run today despite patches of black ice. My tooth seems to be dead now - the pain has gone.

What: 7 miles with the middle 3 steady
    Why: felt good
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest: Friday

• Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Views of Fletcher Moss parkrun start: recent and yesterday. A friend took the latest one: he is over 6 feet tall and the water came over the top of his wellies. 
    The forecast was dry/frost for overnight and this morning; it has rained all night and is still raining.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Chick I did beat them today did not see a soul-yay these are comprehensive kids narrow path busy road never a good combination.

What 6.1 miles
    Why: Because I had energy
    Last hard: Tiredness
    Lyrics Nope

1 degree cold outside but agreat run and the Beaver full moon was out I love the moon!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning

Hope all goes well Wabo.

My aunt had a dog called Rusty emzap - you could have walked him (though both dog and aunt are long since gone - made me smile though).

Cake is always a good reason to race Dustin.

How were the alligators LMH?  Both Vienna and Hamburg look ok for getting a decent time.  

Good your niggles have calmed down RFJ.

Get well soon Ale - and plenty of rest. I like the before and after pics above.

WP +1 to avoiding the schoolkids.  The smaller ones are ok and generally not glued to a screen!

Good news that the tooth isn't painful and you had a good run Chicksta.

What: short run at lunchtime
    Why: no time for more on Wednesdays
    Last rest: 11.11.
    Last hard: spent too much time mulling over training plans whilst cooking lunch yesterday and promptly burnt it.  Was supposed to be today's lunch as well. 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - wow that is frigthening! Hope the head is clearer
    Wabo - and....?
    Chick - good news I guess with the tooth

What - easy run at lunchtime, coaching village lot tonight
    Why - recovery - 
    last rest - 25 days
    last hard - yesterday: 5 4 3 2 1 - hard efforts with half the time recovery, on grass
  • Morning.

Fingers crossed Wabo.

Good that the tooth is no longer painful chicksta. I have a check up to look forward to when I get back.

Alligators were mostly hanging out in the river Hazel so Mark’s desire to see them was satisfied without us needing to see who was fastest in a short sprint. Shame about your lunch. Did you decide on a plan?

Another here who avoids the school kids when possible Poppy.

Oh dear Alehouse- a consequence of your work last week maybe? Hope you are soon over it.

Enjoy the outings emzap. Hope the weather is ok for you.

You are putting some good training together Dustin.

It’s going to be chilly here today - a high of only 24C and 15C when it gets light enough for me to run. Would feel lovely at home of course but after ten days of much higher temperatures I think I’m going to feel it.

What:        Short and easy
    Why:          Enjoying it whilst I can
    Last hard:  I’m still not doing hard
    Last res:    2/11

Lyrics - think so.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous sunny weather for our walk but 5°C! Lmh make the most of it!

Lucas slept through my optician appointment which went on for rather a long time as the optician was a runner and liked to chat about it!  I didn't mind at all, though was worried Lucas would wake up!

Ale have you thought about buying a boat? 

Hazel that's both funny and annoying about the lunch.

Wabo...?
  • Cold, wet and windy here at the minute emzap. As I’m in no rush I’m waiting and hoping that it dries up at least.
  • Afternoon!

That doesn't count as cold, LMH! Hope it has stopped raining! Stopped here around 11.30 and the sun has even made an appearance in the last few minutes. 

Went to buy a new food processor and on the way back stopped for a short run at another parkrun venue that Emz has visited! Good job I only wanted a short run. Won't be paddling there on Saturday at 9 a.m. And not deep enough for a boat. Legs were jelly-ish anyway.
  • I’ve gone native and acclimatised to the heat Alehouse- though the real natives were obvious this morning in long trousers, hoodies, coats and even gloves 😊 Dry by the time I went out though grey and breezy. Trying to brighten up now. 
  • A pleasant 7 or 8 degrees with some sun, LMH: warm enough for an hour or so of gardening. Cross training, I believe.

Wabo?
  • Swim after morning surgery (3C A / 7C W) 320m
    Track later
    Nice but cold day here.
    Lovely full moon last night (and yes we swam under it)
    Not doing hard just now
    Lyrics no
  • Get better soon Ale

Glad the tooth is better chick

What - 10.5 miles with some short tempo intervals. Pouring with rain and only a few degrees above freezing
    Yesterday did a 5k row at the gym, needed to start cross training again
    Lyrics no