Thursday 14th Nov 2019 - Kindness In your eyes, I guess

Kindness
In your eyes, I guess

Yesterday's were Adelle Mercy

What: didn't manage my run yesterday so will be doing it this morning 
Why: my oh is at home till 9 to take Lucas for his vaccinations
Last hard: realising my baby is 2 months old today. Where is the time going?!

Wabo any news?

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning Emzap, enjoy your run this morning.

No definite plans, maybe swim. Not working today.
    Hard pyramid session at track last night.
    Lyrics no.
  • Morning

Brr - that swim must have been a bit chilly OH.  The swim under the full moon must have been lovely.  Have a nice day off work.

LMH I was putting together a base training plan for the next few weeks before I get stuck into mara training.  I like to have a plan to follow to tick off the boxes.  Glad you didn't have to sprint away from an alligator.

I read Jellyfish legs initially yesterday Ale - must have been due to the paddling and boats you were mentioning. How is the cold today?

5k rowing sounds like hard work chamolk - well done.

When are you planning a rest day Dustin?  Do you often do long periods without?  Curiosity - nothing else.

News Wabo?

What: 10 miles, first half easy, second half a bit faster
    Why: base training
    Last hard: slowing down my run yesterday lunchtime - hungry and tight time budget meant I wanted to get back home
    Last rest: 11/11

Lyrics: no
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: something later

Why: working. Plus annoying cold.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Run done, didn't get too wet. Got wetter walking to doc.

Hazel did you decide which marathon you'll do yet?

Ale how's the back with the increased miles?

Lmh when are you home? Hope your house is still ok regarding flooding.

Oh that's some chilly swimming. Does the water feel strange when it's warmer than the air temp?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning gang
    Baby Elodie Christina was born at 3.15 am 13/11, mum is super amazing I don't know how she does it!! She barely made it to hospital, so not like me!
    Anyway we're all very happy and shattered.

nice one emzap, bet you are enjoying getting back into it
    alehouse enjoy your something
    hazel nice running, news is in!

What: something later
    why: still unwell so see how I go
    last hard: last night little 1.5 on little sleep and lots of coughing
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Congratulations nana Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    cheers alehouse 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yay congratulations wabo. So how many grandchildren do you have now?
  • Morning.

Great news Wabo - congratulations. Funnily I’m reading a book with a character called Elodie - first time I’be encountered the name.

You must be very organised to fit everything in chamolk.

Hope Lucas having his vaccinations wasn’t too traumatic emzap. Our house is fine thanks.

I love the way we all have different approaches Hazel. I think I’m just about the opposite to you as I only ever have a vague idea of what I’m doing and why.

Hope you get a dry bit for your run Alehouse. Are you working until the end of term?

Enjoy the day off OH. Water temperature was actually higher than the air here yesterday but we are forecast a last hot day today so I may paddle or even swim.

What:           Short and easy
    Why:            Enjoying the warmth
    Last hard:    Ignoring the Xmas music and decorations!
    Last rest:     2/11

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Congratulations Wabo and to all concerned :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap 6 and counting.....
    LMH I have never heard the name either! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ps it means foreign riches, they do have a rich mix of blood my son and wife! 
  • Today’s wildlife spot - a herd of manatees with calves, at times no more than six feet from where we stood watching them. Magical.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh wow lmh!

Lucas very irritable after jabs. Got him to sleep but on me, so still can't do anything useful! Train station flooded so oh can't get home. Hoping the busses can get through...
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Wabo _ Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Congrats!
    Emz - wow, 2 months already! It's a cliche, but they DO grow up fast.
    LmH - great nature spotting, very envious!
    Hazel - I don't "streak" but can go 3 or 4 weeks without not running: I usually have 1,2 or 3 rest days a month. That said some "run" days are barely more than 2 or 3 miles, today for example.

What - U11 coaching, some easy running beforehand
    Why - down day
    last rest - 25 days?
    last hard - Tuesday

Off for a long weekend, so might not be around much - Center Parcs (Elvetham)

• Great news Wabo
    ( Children but no sign of grandchildren yet. Youngest is now older than when Elspeth started our family.)

Another 400m swim done today taking me to 1700m of 3000m for Polar Bear Challenge. 8C in water today with sun.
    Problem with colder air is exiting especially if there is wind ( or hail).
  • Evening!

Not happy! Forecast this morning said it will be the first totally dry day for a while; has been raining since 3 and getting heavier!

What: decent session in the fitness suite with a better short run in the middle

Why: Thursday

Then to the alehouse where I bumped into a guy who I usually only see in the cricket season. Told me I was looking well. "Have you put on some weight, you needed to." Not what a runner wants to hear! 10 lbs or more to lose, I suspect.