Friday 15th November 2019 I'll give you candy and a quarter

Morning!

Lyrics: I'll give you candy and a quarter
If you're quiet like you oughta be 

What: short run I imagine

Why: working. Children in Need day so always bit different in schools.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

do you work as a teacher Ale?  Nosy as always - sorry.  Guess that cricket related guy doesn't run then that he will know that such comments are not always so appreciated..

Great news on the family addition Wabo - enjoy! 

You were doing something useful yesterday emzap - providing a comfy bed for Lucas to rest/sleep on!  That is what I tell myself when wearing a cat whilst I should be doing other things.  I will do Hamburg.

The manatees must have been lovely LMH.

Thanks for the rest days feedback Dustin.  Have a good long weekend.

Nice swimming again OH.

What: rest day
    Why: just 5 days running this week for once but will be back to standard 6 next week
    Last rest: today
    Last hard: all of my long trousers were in the wash yesterday so I had to dig out some capris - pretty chilly initially at 2 degrees but once I was moving ok.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING 
    lyrics today oh yes!!!
    alehouse I cannot imagine anyone telling me I need to put on weight though!enjoy your short run
    OH polar bear challenge sounds both fun and tough, hope you get some g'children they are lovely!
    hazel enjoy the rest
    The other nanny who looked after little ones with me now has my lurgy - oh dear bound to happen I guess!
    LMH meant to say how cool to see manatees
    what: 1.75 miles d&d am, 2 mile later
    why: getting miles up in doubles
    last hard: this am (felt easy tbh)
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Have a good day all, I am park running tomorrow, just need to decide where!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

A wet day forecast for us, not great for our last full day but nothing we can do about it. The plan had been to drive somewhere different for a run but I doubt that will happen now - can’t see Mark being keen. I shall see if I can dodge the showers. I don’t mind getting wet so much once I’m running but setting off in it is different and it can really come down here.

emzap - What Hazel said.

Sounds as though you’ve decided on your spring marathon Hazel.

Are you feeling any better Wabo?

How are your niggles now Alehouse?

What:           Hopefully a run
    Why:            I’d like to if I can dodge the rain
    Last hard:    Finding a dry spell may be hard
    Last rest:     2/11

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Congrats, wabo. That's a beautiful name. I used to work in an international team and we had a few French girls called Elodie.  

Annoying, ale. Us runners are a strange breed. We like being told we look haggard and ill rather than well ;)

Sorry to hear you have bad weather on your last day, LMH. I love manatees! You spotted lots of interesting wildlife this time. 

Hope Hamburg won't disappoint, Hazel. Are you staying on for a bit? Would be nice to meet you. I think we're back on the 20th. You could do parkrun on the Saturday and say hello to my friends. 

Can't believe Lucas is already 2 months old, em. Hope he has calmed down after the jabs. 

Sorry for being AWOL yesterday ... tooth misery stopped play. All done now but it was gruelling. Everything so inflamed and irritated that the anaesthetics didn't work as well as they should. Nevermind, I survived but felt really rough all day.

Back to normality now with a proper session this morning. 

What: 7 miles including a pyramid of 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 min @ roughly 5k pace plus 30 mins of core
    Why: I did nothing yesterday
    Last hard: dentist
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta poor you, I know that feeling.  I like doing pyramids!
    lmh getting there, running feels ok, it is just a pesky cough that makes my head ache
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hope you get a run in LMH and dodge the rain!!
  • Glad you’re sorted now chicksta but please be careful- you could feel the affects of that for a day or two. The manatees are very entertaining. None spotted as we set off for our run this morning but they were there at the end 😊

Wabo - fortunately it has been much drier than forecast and was warm, if humid, when we went out.
  • Afternoon!

Was quite a pleasant afternoon with bright sunshine; once I put my kit on of course that all changed and it rained. Glad the run was short!

Lots of niggles still, but trying to manage them, LMH! My "good" Achilles (i.e. the one not operated on) is playing up despite my attempts to work on it. Today both quads were sore; yesterday it was the hamstrings; the day before it was the left adductor, etc etc!

Hazel: yes, I teach. Supposed to be retired but I keep being asked to work and by and large it is enjoyable, keeps me busy and pays for new Garmins, trainers and Christmas etc! These days I just supply teach and literally just take any primary class that I am asked to; no bureaucracy or the pressures of being a head, etc. Which reminds me, I wonder how Donaldo is!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: walk around town
    Why: needed to go shopping
    Last hard: yesterday 7 hours of cuddles in the end. Lovely but I couldn't eat, drink or oblute for most of them!!
    Lyrics: nope 

Yesterday's were George Michael and Jesus to a child.

Lucas much better today thankfully. Poor little thing completely knocked for six

Wabo hope you decide on your parkrun.

Lmh enjoy your last day

Hazel I imagine the cat is also a good hot water bottle.

Ale take it easy. How's the flooding now?

Have a great day all
  • Lunchtime swim and evening yoga around a day’s work  (2000 of 3000m done)
    filling the gaps
    last hard: track
    lyrics: no
  • Evening!

Of interest to LMH, perhaps: http://derby10.co.uk/

Conditions don't sound good! Suspect they are desperate to go ahead otherwise they will be stuck with a load of useless t-shirts and medals!
  • Congratulations Wabo and family, lovely name

Emz glad Lucas is better now, those vaccinations often make babies a bit miserable, especially the meningitis b one

LMH enjoy your last evening, I'm sure it feels like it's gone too quickly

Nice pyramid session chick

That's a lot of aches and pains Ale, hope they ease

Hazel - enjoy the extra rest day

Wabo - enjoy parkrun in the morning wherever you end up

Dustin - I can't manage that many days in a row yet, I find I get too many niggles. Maybe one day

What - 8 miles with the middle 6 as a progressive tempo, starting at 7:40 and ending at 6:40. Really happy with how it went as I didn't know if I'd be able to keep to the target pace, and in the end I found it pretty comfortable

Why - good session, and just to see where my tempo pace was at the minute

Lyrics - no 
  • It sure does chamolk.

I’m glad Lucas is feeling better emzap.

I had heard about that Alehouse as P is running it. I think I’m going to find it difficult to get the miles in next week.