Saturday 16th November 2019 I saw the lamplight from your window

Morning!

Lyrics: I saw the lamplight from your window

Yesterday's were Little Children, Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas

Only just been able to get on the forum as I was locked out and had to change my password.

What: gentle k or so before gentle parkrun

Why: Saturday. Not running hard at the moment as something different seems to hurt every day

Hope your mouth is now ok, Chick!

Safe journey, LMH...and be ready to wrap up!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Same thing happened me Ale, said an admin had changed something so I had to choose a new password. I'd flagged several spam posts yesterday and wondered if it was because I did that, but if it's happening to others too then I'm not sure - maybe it's to try and get rid of the bots/spammer. 

What - another rest day. Building my mileage back up to 40 so still taking a bit extra rest.

Safe travels home LMH

Lyrics - no
  • Same here! I thought the site was hacked and password change request was bogus but it seems to be genuine. 

Ouch, ale. Hope nothing hurts badly today. Tooth is not 100% but I guess it takes time for the infection to settle.

Hubby and I were planning to parkrun today so I got my miles in early. Only just made it home before the heavens opened. Checked the forecast and decided that it was stupid to drive 18 miles just to be soaked. Doubt that many will have turned up.

Extra rest sounds sensible, chamolk.

What: 10 miles
    Why: it's a good distance
    Last hard: dentist
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: no
  • Morning again!

So it wasn't just me with the password problem! Same message I believe. Strange!

Glad the mouth is improving, Chick. Didn't realise you had so far to go for parkrun; obviously spoilt here as I have six that are no more than three miles away, plus another few which are a short car journey!

Emz: the floods are receding in places but the playing fields are still deep enough for boating!

What: parkrun with a couple of ks beforehand, plus stretches. Set off a bit more quickly than last week and ended up 26 seconds faster. Everyone I spoke to measured it long: I got 5.13k again, whilst friend Paul got 5.31! Will see how the legs are over the next few days. One thing that won't be helping is my weight: at least 10 lbs heavier than July!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Same here with the password reset.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to the journey or returning to reality 😕

What:         Short run, long journey 
    Why:          Stretch my legs/the holiday is over
    Last hard:  Adjusting to reality may be hard
    Last rest:    2/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning,

It was the same for me as well with password reset.

I have had two days not running it seems I have a chest infection/asthma bad and wheezing and I really forced myself out today which is not me but for my sanity as I was feeling so down and that is not me.

LMH:Safe journey home

What: 2.34 miles
    Why: All i could manage or to flip it because I could :)
    Last hard: Being ill
    Lyrics: Yes

Good call as a perfect distance to lighten my mood the comeback  begins again.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Safe trip back lmh
    Poppy sorry to hear your poorly.
    Me too with the password
    Alehouse nice park running.
    Chick nice miles and I'm glad your tooth is settling
    Chamolk enjoy the rest day
    What. Park run 8th birthday
    Why I was 100% doing one today
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    1st in my cat from 3 I think
    I'm now laying on my sofa listening to lovely music and saying in my head I should be doing something but need this rest
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope you put today's lyrics on, Wabo! And at least Spurs won't lose today!
  • Me too on password change (possibly because previous password was only 7 characters long)

icy 26:02 parkrun this morning 
    (HR still rose quickly to 160 and further to 174. by finish. Felt fine)
    last hard yoga
    lyrics no

xc tomorrow 

a few folk dropped off the radar Olly, Don ...
  • Well done today, OH! Thought about OL this morning at Burnage! The last time we did it together he almost lapped me on the "proper" course. Must drop him a line!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Late posting today for same password Problem. Like chick I thought it was a scam so had to double check the links were genuine.

What: parkrun
    Why: Saturday
    Last hard: the sprint finish, apparently having a baby is no excuse!!!
    Lyrics: nope

New pppb (post pregnancy pb): 33:44. Pleasing number too! Course adapted to accommodate flooding. Some roads round us are pretty underwater...

Have a lovely evening all

• Evening.

Was also a bit surprised by the password thingy and a bit suspicious.  

Hope LMH is travelling well.  

Sensible decision regarding the parkrun chicksta.  I am now signed up for Hamburg and will let you know of plans, I will very likely travel up by train as it will only take a couple of hours longer (theoretically!).  Parkrun might be an idea - never done one!  Hope the tooth is feeling better today and nice pyramiding yesterday.

Good news regarding parkrun ale and emzap.  

Thanks for the teaching Infos Ale.  

((WP)) those bugs really don't like you.  

You need a cat or a baby on your lap (stomach?) for the sofa Wabo.  No, really, hope you had a nice rest.

Good luck for your XC tomorrow OH.

Nice progressive run yesterday chamolk.

Also signed up for my local 56k ultra marathon (early June).  Things to work for and look forward to next year.

What: rare pre-breakfast run - was on cat feeding duty and rather than going back to bed went out for a run (just short of 7 miles)
    Why: freeing up the rest of the day
    Last hard: not buying 2 pairs of running shoes at the sports outlet - I found a pair of shoes I used a couple of years ago which are no longer made and a potential long run shoe but was disciplined and only took the former.
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no