Sunday 17th November 2019 - You with the sad eyes Don't be discouraged

You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged

Not sure if I've used these before but here we go.

What: hopefully a walk
Why: busy day using free lunch voucher I got from a local restaurant for my birthday and then Lucas swimming. 
Last hard: developing a very sore throat last night. I was hoping it was from dehydration but it's worse this morning so I think it's the start of a cold

Lmh hope you got home ok.
Chamolk yup it was the menB that knocked him along with the nasty effects of the rotovirus 😂💩. Hope he doesn't get my sore throat.

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Sad Café with Every Day Hurts

What: fitness suite and a run of some description

Why: See how things are after parkrun. Hope it stops raining for the run!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning,

What 4.10  miles
    Why because I was up to it :)
    Last hard: Virus/chest
    Lyrics Nope

I was pleased to get up and out by 7.30am and run as far as I had hoped.Pretty cold 3 degrees but dry and all kit stayed on usually I get too warm.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hope it's not going to develop into a full-blown cold, em 🤞
    Well done on your ppprpb :)

Are you on the mend, poppy?

Fingers crossed you can get out in the dry, ale.

Nice parkrunning, wabo and OH.

Did you get back home ok, LMH? Bet you're freezing now.

Nice race plans, Hazel. It's your 56k a mountain race? What shoes did you buy? I may need a different pair for ultra running that is more cushioned. My Kinvaras and the Hoka Tracers are a bit on the minimal side.

Treacherous conditions here this morning. Yesterday's deluge had frozen overnight and it was really slippery. And cold ❄️

What: 12.5 miles
    Why: long run for the week
    Last hard: staying upright
    Last rest: Thursday
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    + 1 to hoping for the rain to stop before going out for a run.  Not much chance of that though and I am running out of things to prepare for my post run meal.. Maybe some ironing next..

Have a nice lunch emzap.  Will you go in the pool yourself with Lucas if you are maybe starting a cold?

Nice early running WP.

Chicksta the 56k is an undulating mostly road route around my region.  If I get bored / fed up at around 30k I can walk home (about 5 mins..)  (https://www.100km.ch/index.php/en/program-2020/42-195-km).  It was a pair of Mizuno Sayonara that I got and was eyeing up a pair of Wave Riders as a more cushioned shoe for long training runs as well.  The Riders are still available (though in a higher version).  I have 3 pairs of low mileage shoes at the moment so held off getting them.  Take care on the ice.

What: 11-12 miles
    Why: long run for me this week as well - starting to rebuild up to 16 miles.
    Last rest: Friday
    Last hard: getting out the door..

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hope it dries up/thaws out where necessary.

Hazel swimming is a daddy son activity, I just watch from the sidelines :). In fact, in this session we go to it's all dads and babies in the water
  • Afternoon!

Fitness suite d&d but it is still pouring so no run as yet.

Good running Chick, and hope you don't get too wet Hazel.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope you enjoyed your free lunch Emz, I'd heard there was no such thing

We had ice /frost this morning, so I waited until near noon before doing my run, and it was sunny and quite pleasant weather, managed to finish before the rain too. I don't generally like running first thing in the morning, and had an opportunity today for a lie in, so didn't have to get out of bed until half 9 which was lovely. 

What - 2 hour easy long run, think it was about 13.7 miles, weekly total just shy of 40 miles

Lyric - no
  • Home safely and not enjoying the dark, cold and wet................
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

a rather wet and muddy parkrun (no 495) yesterday at Tetbury Good shed yesterday, a slowish time due to wrong trainers which aided todays race.

Swindon 10k today and aim way to run well and consistently (difficult when you dont know what shape you are in.... but achieved it all apart form the last 400m when the leg kicked in again so was dragging it in to the finish

finish in 51:41 so better than expectations, splits were pretty goo to except the last bit as stated above (8:18 / 8:20 / 8:21 / 8:14 / 8:09 / 8:33 / and 9mm for the last bit where the leg was dragging. Very happy.

Take care all
  • Swim @ 9
    kirk @ 11
    xc @ 14
    now relaxing before an open fire
    xc felt hard (and in hail) but was still 2nd ...
    ... of 2!
    lyrics no
  • Podium finish, OH! Enjoy the fire!

Nice long run, Chamolk! But remember it is not that long since your marathon!

Welcome back, LMH! Will be rather chilly in the morning! I remember once returning from holiday where is was 28 celsius to find it was 28 fahrenheit; inevitably it was not many days before I was ill!

And well raced, RFJ! Are you doing all the strengthening and stretching exercises?

Just a short run here in slight drizzle (it rained quite hard until around 2pm). Brought me to 23k or so for the week, the highest since w/e August 25th.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Ale, yes doing a lot of strength exercises, now incorporated the gym into my regime and soon to be body balance as well. Cheers
  • Welcome back LMH (to the dark and gloom)
  • Sounds good RFJ, well done. 

Second place also sounds very good OH

Ale, yeah I need to keep reminding myself of that - when I was running today I realised it's only 3 weeks since the marathon, but I've got an easy week coming up after this week. And most of my miles are pretty relaxed at the minute