Without a dream in my heart

Yesterday's were Cindi Lauper and True Colours

What: not sure yet
Why: not feeling well
Last hard: getting up in the night when not feeling well

Wabo how's Elodie?
Chamolk take it easy, don't want any more injuries on the forum
Oh how's the water?
Lmh bit of a shock to the system to imagine!

Have a lovely day

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Hope you are feeling well enough to run, Emz!

What: a long(er) run with M74

Why: think I am ready, although may be deluding myself! Lots of stretches beforehand! At least I will be in company rather than standing alone.

Crisp and cold here, dry and likely to be some sunshine. Better than wet.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well emzap- much harder to be ill with a small baby.

I have the same short term memory when it comes to recovering from marathons chamolk. Keep it easy and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Busy day OH!

Glad you were able to enjoy your race RFJ.

Mark and I could not get warm yesterday afternoon - heating was cranked up and on all evening! Eleven hours in bed last night, just as well i told Mark to set an alarm for this morning (we never normally use one). It's a still, cold morning here, would be quite nice for a run (with all my kit on!) but I'd be struggling to fit one in before work and I think doing so after yesterday's travelling would just increase my chances of coming down with something so I think I shall content myself with a walk and check out how wet the immediate locale is and get back to it tomorrow all being well. It is about time training resumed (though I ran an enjoyable 50 miles last week).

What:            nothing
    Why:             time/being sensible
    Last hard:     not coming home to Grace
    Last rest:      17/11

Lyrics - I think so.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning.

Glad you got home ok LMH.  Have a nice walk today to get reacclimatised with the UK weather.

Have a nice outing with M74 Ale.  Sounds like good conditions for a run. Got slightly soggy on yesterday's run - in particular the feet.

Good timing for your run yesterday chamolk.

Hope you are feeling better soon emzap.

Well done on your 10k RFJ - and not long to go to nr. 500 for the parkruns.

Bet that fire was nice OH.  Shame about the low turnout for XC.  Well done for your result.

Have a good start to the week everybody.

What: rest day
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: trying out 3 miles of potential MP based on my recent HM time.  Seemed a bit hard!
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Morning again!

What: 63 mins d&d. Exactly 10k

Why: running in company certainly helps. Longest run since July 1st. Hopefully a breakthrough in training terms, but no doubt tomorrow I will be questioning this. Will help with weight, also (see pic below!).

On Saturday evening it was the Uni's XXI Club dinner: the "best" 21 sportsmen and women are elected each year to join the club. Took place at Manchester City's Etihad Stadium (if I am correct there is a link to today's lyrics, not wishing to give any clues!). Guest speaker was Stacey Copeland who is a double international: football and boxing. Motivational with a lot of talk about getting out of the comfort zone to make progress: challenge v comfort. 
    Photo looks a little like three tenors and a soprano, apparently! Friend Chris on the right trying to look like Father Christmas, Stacey with her Commonwealth and British belts, Patrick my GB team doctor friend (and former RW Doctor) and myself, looking a little on the heavy side. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Bet it was a shock to the system, LMH. That's the one thing I really don't like with winter holidays in warm places. The return is always shockingly hard. Sensible decision to take it easy today. Plenty of time to get stuck into a training plan again.

Hazel: My marathons never do my HMs justice. The usual conversion doesn't work for me and I'm much slower than the statistics 🤔

Fingers crossed you can shake the lurgy, em.

Well done, RFJ. You held that together really well, so you should be pleased.

OH: you can only beat who turns up. Their loss :)

What: 10 miles
    Why: about time to do some back to back longer runs
    Last hard: my legs were a bit dead today even though my Garmin tells me I'm productive
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: yes

• Xpost, ale. Nice pic and well done on the long run :+1:
  • My, you scrub up nicely AleH!
    Even better on the stretched version on my phone.  ;)

Morning surgery D&D
    Sea swim shortly (bright but frosty)
    Monday evening 5k loop later
    That's what's on calendar
    Last XC (there were more than 2 present but only 2 in Male Veterans)
    Lyrics as usual.

• PS glad longer run went to plan, AH  :)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    great photo alehouse! Nice longer run too and I agree 100% about company
    chicksta nice long run
    hazel have a lovely rest day
    lmh, definitely take it easy today, grace  :'(
    emzap wish you better.  Elodie is doing great thanks, she's adorable and the whole family seem so content it is really lovely 
    I had a really nice off road 8.5 mile run with  my mate yesterday morning and a solid park run (for me) saturday 
    Stepped on scales this  morning, right need to be good now!!!
    what: 3 miles later
    why: I want to
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Ale: Nice photo and well done on your longest run since July brilliant news.

What: 5.70 miles
    Why: Because I could /stopping at village for supplies
    Last hard: Really??
    Lyrics yes

Really pleased how it went lets us hope not a false dawn fingers crossed all goes well for tomorrow.But first morning I got up early and did not go back to bedwith tiredness and was out at 5.45 :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I am having to sign in again everytime I come back - driving me mad...
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Is there no "save password" facility, Wabo? I don't seem to be having a problem now.

Some cross training in the garden this pm to report! 
  • Great that you were able to manage a longer run Alehouse - I hope everything feels ok tomorrow.

I'm not having to log in each time Wabo. Sounds like a good weekend for you.

I'd take your fire over your swim OH  :)

I did have a nice walk Hazel, not sure where I'm going to find to run tomorrow having seen the extent of the flooding still.

It's forecast to be even colder tomorrow morning chicksta. I'm planning to do the shopping first and hope it warms up a bit!

Let's hope you're actually over whatever it was now Poppy.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Your browser mustn't have saved the new password Wabo. There should be a way of updating it, or forgetting the old one then it should save the new one when you put it on again.

Don't worry Emz, I tend to ease off if I feel anything untoward happening. 

Nice work on the long run Ale

Hazel - what was your MP in relation to HMP? I 

Hope you've warmed up LMH. I'm beside our fire trying to get warm after my run

Nice b2b runs Chick. I know what you mean about the marathon times, my half marathons apparently predict a faster marathon than I've been able to do. But then my 5k time predicts a faster half time too

What - 5 miles easy with a few short hill sprints added in to get warmed up - still frost on the ground this evening
    Why - easy after yesterday, hills for fun /warmth

Lyrics - no