Tuesday 19th November 2019 - It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say

It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say

Yesterday's were Blue Moon Frank Sinatra

What: maybe a short run
Why: still feeling grotty
Last hard: feeling grotty, not being able to take meds and getting up in the night

Mil arrives today so hoping to get out before she arrives if I do as oh at home for childcare.

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes! One of the songs that I teach!

Hope you feel better soon Emz. Is MiL flying in from SA?

What: short run, long fitness suite, cross training in the garden unless I get a call to ask me to work

Why: ran long yesterday, need to keep the stretches going, need to re-build a fence!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Don't push it emzap, if you're still feeling grotty then maybe a walk would be a better idea?

I would love a fire to stand in front of chamolk. We have a heavy frost this morning and it's not forecast to feel above freezing until 1200hrs! I need to do the shopping before I run so I'm hoping it will have warmed up a little by the time I get out.

Too cold for gardening here Alehouse. I take it everything is feeling no worse for your run yesterday?

I want to run but I'm not feeling very motivated to train at the minute (if that makes sense?), not sure if that's the cold or just tiredness from the holiday/travelling. It's not long until Brass really though so I need to pull my finger out and get on with it.

What:           something easy
    Why:            need to acclimatise and get back into a routine
    Last hard:    finding somewhere not flooded to run could be
    Last rest:     18/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

Not really gardening LMH so much as working in the garden on some fencing. Have done about 40 minutes out there and yes, it is cold! One of my fingers is suffering so have come in for a while! And pretty sure you won't have lost much fitness since York and the last two weeks will have refreshed the legs. The weather isn't very motivating at the moment! And routine does help the consistent consistency! Did P do Derby 10?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh you're right, I'm not well enough to run so will be another rest day here. I think if I wasn't up in the night I'd have been ok but I can't push myself as much at the moment.

Hope you don't get frostbite ale!

And ditto what ale said about fitness lmh :)
  • Morning

Nice pic yesterday Ale.  Certainly sounds like progess with your running.  Enjoy the cross training in the garden today.

Chamolk, chicksta: will be interesting to see how I get on converting my 10k/HM time to an equivalent marathon - 10k and HM are now more or less in line (42:39 / 1:34:32), apparently I could do better than my current mara of 3:27.  I won't force that though.  At the moment I am trying out a few paces.  HMP in my race in October was 7:13 / mile, my Sunday attempt at MP was around 7:40. (I think)

Good news on Elodie Wabo and a nice run with your mate on top.

Fingers crossed WP.

Walk seems a better option if you are feeling grotty emzap. 

Seems that acclimatisation and rebuilding a routine are enough training tasks for the next couple of days LMH.  Frosty here too. 

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    password issue resolved
    lyrics yes indeedy
    hazel enjoy your group run, do you play that squares game on Fetch?
    emzap, definitely rest up
    alehouse it is horrid when your fingers go so cold!! Enjoy the rest of your day
    lmh I bet its due to holiday and you'll soon be itching to go again

what: little run done this morning 
    why: son's birthday today so needed run out of the way
    last hard: this morning, blooming cold!!
    last rest: 31/12/16

Had a nice 3 mile run yesterday, bit of weight off me already which is good!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • 8 frosty miles d&d
    Swim shortly
    No work today
    That was quite hard today
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - nice picture
    LmH - welcome home, yes, it's freezing
    OH - good result in the XC
    RFJ - you too with the 10k
    So it wasn't just me with the reset password issues then by the looks of it!

Wonderful weekend of phone free fun at Center Parcs with some sporty stuff, some eating and drinking and some sleeping
    Run wise:
    Friday - 14 miles of slippy trails before departing
    Saturday - 3.5 miles leg shake out 
    Sunday - 10 miles trail around Elvetham Forest
    Monday - 7 miles steady after getting home

Today - 1k reps at the club
    Why - schedule
    last rest - 4 weeks
    last hard - QoP and her elbows last night!
  • Afternoon

Dustin Sounds a magical weekend glad you enjoyed.

What: 4.1 miles
    Why : All I could fit in
    Last hard the slippery ice at 5.30am
    Lyrics: Nope

I went out at 5.30am but came back to slippery back to bed and ran a shortened route at 10.30 which was fine so I was pleased I made the effort  still pretty cold 2 degrees.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Well done on the weight loss Wabo. 

It was very frosty here this morning Poppy.

Nice weekend Dustin.

No swim because of the weather OH?

I had to turn back a few times and paddle in places, still lots of flooding to contend with locally but whilst cold it was dry and bright and a nice morning to be out running so I enjoyed my longest run since York. Dentist this afternoon  :(
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • 400m in 4.5°C water (around the wreck at high tide) to complete November's component of Polar Bear Challenge (arctic level)