Thursday 21st November 2019 - It's been lonely, trying to get your attention from a thousand miles

Morning.

Lyrics - It's been lonely, trying to get your attention from a thousand miles away

Hope you're feeling better emzap.

What:           short and easy
Why:            getting back into the cold weather running habit
Last hard:    acclimatising
Last rest:     18/11
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no. Knew mine that I was about to post at 6:48!

Yesterday's were Nessun Dorma (No Sleep), made famous by Pavarotti when it was BBC's theme tune for the 1990 football world cup. Subsequently covered by the Three Tenors, amongst others.

What: short run, long fitness suite

Why: physio gave me a new batch of exercises for the glutes in particular. Pleased with progress but says I am a fair way off where I was in July pre sacrum fracture.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - good luck with the new array of stretches. 
    Whilst away at the weekend, my sister-in-law did daily yoga. I joined in - and realised just how unsupple and inflexible I am. I reckon I managed around 15% of it all. 
    I will be taking up a new stretching regime with immediate effect.

What - easy run and U11 coaching
    Why - easy Thursday routine
    Last Rest - weeks ago
    last hard - Tuesday
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I know these lyrics because I posted them a couple of weeks ago.... nobody knew them then either lol
    Dustin have a good thursday routine.  I know what you mean about yoga and being unsupple!!
    Alehouse enjoy the short run, hope the new stretches help, sure they will
    LMH enjoy your short and easy

WHat: 6k with a my mate
    why: doing her schedule, be nice to have company too
    last hard: last night v short
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    dustin very strange times  at the lane, I did not see this coming!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

I'm another one seriously lacking in flexibility and should make more effort to stretch. Did a nice yawn and wave my arms around earlier and promptly pulled something in my shoulder / neck...

Maybe one to add to the standard format for some of us.  Done some stretching today? : Yes / No..

What: 10 miles planned post work / housework at long run pace
    Why:  base training
    Current hard: turning my head to the left - ouch!
    Last rest: Monday

Lyrics: no (can't remember the last result..)
  • I know them, wabo. But only because it was played on the radio this morning :)

Dustin: Well done for getting into yoga :+1: I'm not very flexible either which is why it's so important. Long lean muscles cause less injury trouble :)

Progress sounds good, ale

Did you manage to get rid of your PITA, LMH? Long-haul flights are such a strain on the body :(  Hope you had a good run.

What: 6 mile recovery run
    Why: did hills yesterday
    Last hard: looking out of the window - 2nd day in a row where it does not seem to get light. Sigh. Well, November is nearly over ...  :)
    Last rest: Tuesday
    Lyrics: yes
  • Sorry Wabo - memory like a gold fish!

chicksta - the PITA is an ongoing thing and has been for some time.

Ouch Hazel, hope it relaxes soon.

Hopefully it won't be too long until you're back to where you were and moving forward Alehouse.

You need to be careful which bits you stretch though Dustin, there's some good evidence that being too flexible isn't good for runners.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Afternoon!

Short run d&d, strengthening and stretching routine later. From what I have read, LMH, it is unlikely that a male of my years could ever manage to be too flexible! I would say that the majority of my  exercises are strengthening and aimed particularly at the glutes and hip flexors. I also try to stretch my Achilles and increase the flexibility around the ankles. Nearly all exercises are done very slowly and in a precise controlled fashion...which of course means that they take ages to do!

Hope the neck is OK Hazel!

If anyone hears of a Sportsshoes.com discount code please let me know: can't get the last one to work.
    Edit: By an odd coincidence I have just been sent a code for 10% off plus free postage. Not the 20% I had last time though!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

I hope all with lurgies/not well pick up!

Afternoon

What: 6.10miles
    Why: Because I was up early enough/had energy/jab day
    Last hard: Past 6 weeks
    Lyrics nope

Out at 5.45 boy it was windy and cold it was slow but good to get back to hills.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: walk to and from York
    Why: bounce and rhyme
    Last hard: being too ill to run
    Lyrics: nope

How's little Elodie wabo?
    Lmh how's the jet lag?

I can no longer get up off the floor easily, I definitely need to start stretching!
  • York, Emz? Sounds a long way from your place!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Town! I did not walk to York...
  • Made me smile though Emz! And get well!
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I was thinking the same Alehouse - both in regard to emzap's walk and the time it must take to do all of those exercises!

I think I'm about over it if my sleep is anything to go by emzap - a shame as I was enjoying being able to sleep past 0430hrs.
  • Rest day today.
    Yes,y is humbling for male of species.
    Lyrics no