Load up on guns, bring your friends

What: parkrun
Why: mil and oh can babysit
Last hard: taking it easy

Anyone racing this weekend?

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Stepping Stone by Duffy.

You sound back on form emzap. Enjoy parkrun.

Heavy rain forecast here all morning turning to light rain for the afternoon - I shall be paddling at best and swimming at worst if we don't get a prolonged spell of dry weather soon. I hope the rest of the winter isn't going to be this bad.

What:           easy miles/gym
    Why:            getting ready to train/necessary evil
    Last hard:    leaving the good weather
    Last rest:     18/11

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: parkrun

Why: promised the Flying Pig that I would meet him at a new parkrun. Fast course, possibly the quickest in the country. Have at the venue before, although the course was different. Pancake flat and good tarmac all the way round with only two turns in total; the rest are gently curved. Breathing was not good for the first km or so and struggled to stay with FP; suggests I need to warm up harder. Gradually pulled away and finished 25 seconds ahead of him. 23:48 is a big improvement over recent outings although much of that is down to the course I suspect. 

Hope other parkrunners/racers went/go well.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Another pppb here despite the cough. Ran 6 min walked 1.  

Ale surprised anything is dry up there
  • Well done Emz! Progress!

Today's course was bone dry! The paths are higher than the surrounding land which was boggy though. Would recommend it for next time you are up this way! Doubt if it is a mile away from the one we did. And a cafe at the finish: strictly vegetarian and vegan.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well done on park run progress Em and Ale :)

What: 6.16 miles
    Why: Just because
    Last hard: Virus/tiredness
    Lyrics: Nope

36 miles for the week really happy with that>next week I need to be running my hilly 8 mile course so I can extend to 10 miles as race on NYE.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Nice parkrunning both em and ale

Weather sounds dreadful, LMH

Parkrun with hubby. I let him run on and stayed behind with a friend who's 16 weeks pregnant. We finished in 39 mins but had a good old natter all the way round. Love the social side of parkrun.

Dry here the a change but cold when a nasty North-Easterly wind blowing. So no extra miles today.
    Have a great weekend, all.

• 26:09 parkrun for me
    Dryish here
    Lyrics no
  • Well done OH.

No clue about lyrics either 🙄

And autocorrect completely screwed my post 🤦‍♀️ - I meant to say "dry here for a change but cold with a nasty ..."

Just did a yoga session as I felt a bit guilty for not doing much.
  • Evening.

Well done to the parkrunners.

Glad you are feeling better emzap.

Get well soon chamolk, sensible to rest.

Hope you enjoyed the hills Dustin.

Good mileage WP.

Did you get in a light rain run at least LMH?

Ignore the beefcakes in the gym Chicksta. They should show they can do a decent intervall session before laughing.

What: rare double today. In the morning about 3 miles together with a few from my Tuesday group between strength & coordination exercices and some stretching. Then 5 more this afternoon solo.
    Why: a bloke in my group is organizing such a Saturday session as of this week.
    Last hard: bloody side planks - useless at those.
    Last rest: 18.11

Have a nice Sunday all.

Lyrics: no
  • I did thanks Hazel.

An easy day now and again is no bad thing chicksta.

Nice parkrun progress Alehouse and emzap.

Sounds as though you had the best of the weather OH.

Hope you stay well and can extend your runs Poppy. NYE race sounds good.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Despite the forecast it has largely stayed dry here today.

Well done at pr, OH.

And nice double, Hazel.
  • Tight turns at Kirkwall parkrun this morning

• Looks like a dance move OH! And I guess one of you is going the wrong way round!

Meant to say, Wabo will be happy re football I imagine. Don't mention Leicester.