Monday 25th November 2019 Take a look at my girlfriend

Morning!

Lyrics: Take a look at my girlfriend,
She's the only one I got

Awake listening to cricket. Not good listening! England have just lost.

What: longer run with M74, as long as rain doesn't stop play.

Why: need long runs but forecast is heavy rain all day.

I note that one of the ex-uni girls, and a friend of my daughter, Jess Piasecki  nee Coulson won the Florence marathon yesterday in the third quickest time by a GB female: 2:25 xx, with interesting splits of 74/71. Makes life difficult for the Olympic selectors with 2 at 2:25 and one at 2:26 recently.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Tiny Dancer by Elton John.

Hope the new bedtime routine is a success emzap.

We seem to be forecast rain all week again Alehouse:-( I saw that yesterday too.

What:         something short
    Why:          short of time
    Last hard:  winter
    Last rest:   18/11

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Ale I saw the news as well interesting time for selectors.

Em: Yes I am virus free thank goodness.

What: 6-7 miles
    why: Because I can
    Last hard: Tiredness/heavy rain when I will be running:-(
    lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Swim at 11, usual 5k run loop at 5:30
    It's Monday and dry here just now
    Last hard: Wideford Hill
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics yes
  • Morning

Have a nice long run Ale. Shame about the cricket. How many can be selected for the mara?

Hope you get in your short run LMH.  Well done on the 17 miles yesterday.  Not having trained for a mara this year it currently sounds like a long way!  Cycling stops for me at around 3-4 degrees other than necessary short trips to the station / shops.

Enjoy the swim / run OH.  Well done on the hill work yesterday. Foggy here today but currently chained to my desk.

Hope you don't get too wet WP..

How did the bedtime routine go emzap?

What: running rest day - core and stretching (15 mins telegym already done)
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: yesterday's MP miles
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: yes
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Well done the park runners on Saturday, decent time Ale, and good feet skills OH. Seems a tight turn for a 5k!
    Ale - yeah I saw that time, couple of my rabble PBd yesterday at that one (3:53) 
    Did I see someone mention the C word? I know two people who already have trees up. They were promptly 'unfriended' - It's November ffs

What - easy monday miles
    Why - tough weekend:
    Saturday, 2mile track w/u, then 10 x 500 hill repeats, jog back recoveries, 2 mile c/d 
    Yesterday - 17.5 mile trail run, foggy, wet, boggy, stunning. Legs feeling it towards the end though...
    last rest - 4 weeks?
    last hard - the weekend
    lyric - of course!

• Morning again!

Hazel: 3 runners under 2:29 qualify for the Olympics. Doubt the selectors will pre-select three before the end of the qualification period which ends on 31/5/2020. They may leave it until after next year's London marathon; who knows?

Raining heavily here so waiting to hear what M74 has to say in the next 45 minutes! Must do some stretches in the meantime.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Just 2 miles for me legs slow and tired and torrential rain I decided that was enough for today.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning. Busy on here this morning.

Dustin, I was commenting on that yesterday as we drove home from swimming, could see lots of trees up in people's front rooms.

Poppy glad you're recovered.

I think the bedtime routine was successful, we need to make it about an hour later we think as he didn't like it when he was left alone. We slept 9-3 and 3.30-7 so pretty good I think.

What: a walk  runand a, I may try running the whole way tonight. 
    Why: walk to baby meet up this morning then this afternoon walk to station to drop Luke with daddy, then run the long route home.
    Last hard: Saturday
    Lyrics: yes!

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning again!

What: Just over an hour with M74. 9.67k. Harder work than last week but that's fine. Struggled on anything with even the slightest gradient. 

Why: trying to do an hour once a week. Wasn't raining when we set off but poured within a couple of hundred metres; soon stopped though, fortunately.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    great lyrics alehouse
    emzap good luck with the run hope it goes well
    Poppy hope you are ok
    alehouse hope the rain eases and you get out
    dustin I'm with you re the C word!! Enjoy your Monday miles
    hazel enjoy your running rest day!
    lmh enjoy the short miles

What: about 5 later
    why: daughter issued a step challenge  B)
    last hard: 4.5 yesterday afternoon
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good MOnday all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Cross post, Wabo! Was going to use these lyrics when LMH was away, but never happened!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse I watched your team a couple of weeks ago, they are sooooo good! Doing well.  Yes I was happy Saturday, always happy if we can beat West Ham, sorry any hammers but they feel same
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    aha yes you did get out Alehouse
  • Oh god, the C word  :s ... Reminds me that I have a 16 mile advent trail race next Sunday though, so better dust my Santa hat and Xmas socks off 🎅☃️🌲 I'm doing it for fun and to get more hills into my legs, not for a time.

Ale: that's a superb marathon time. Selection will be really tough. Well done on your weekly long run.

LMH: agree with Hazel. 17 miles sounds really long to me as well. Yesterday's 13 was the longest since Berlin...

How many steps in your challenge, wabo?

Glad the bedtime routine seems to be working, em. Wish I was sleeping that much.

Yay to being virus free, poppy 👏

Hazel: you're tougher than me when it comes to cycling in winter. I draw the line at 10 degrees ❄️

Your trail run sounds great, Dustin. Tough weekend indeed!

What: 10 slow miles on unwilling legs followed by a painful session with foam roller and rubber balls. Ouch.
    Why: ironing out the kinks
    Last hard: said foam roller and rubber balls
    Last rest: 19/11
    Lyrics: yes
  • That sounds positive emzap.

No xc at the weekend Dustin? I'm with you on the Bah Humbug!

I like to stay comfortable doing the long runs between marathon campaigns otherwise I find them really daunting.

Not sure if my heart or HRM are playing up. Near the end of Saturday's run I had some spikes, yesterday was normal then today after about five miles I had some more and more prolonged rises in HR with a corresponding decrease in pace. Again believable readings but only previously seen in races, not when running my slowest mile of a slow run.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

Lyrics - yes I believe so....

Sorry been AWOL again....

However was chuffed with my parkrun on Sat as knock 20 secs of two weeks ago and had a good consistent pace too. still trailing in the wake of Jnr who was off for his and his sisters birthdays this weekend.... Jnr not ran for 4-5 weeks and still manages a 20:51..... the joys of youth

PS if anyone want to come for my 500th parkrun, all being well it will be 21 Dec at Lydiard parkrun (Swindon).

getting used to running only 4 days a week now without feeling guilty...

Take care all
  • Evening!

Sounds like progress, RFJ! Hope you are doing the exercises! Would love to come to Swindon for your 500th but have other commitments that day!

That sounds like a HRM blip, LMH! 17 yesterday was positive,  I meant to say. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick I just have to  do more than Jodie, we're pretty neck and neck tonight
    I ran 4.25 miles tonight
    Oh and lost 2.2lbs this week 😊
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Off to look up lydiard park run, although work xmas do night before!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ooh bit too far sorry rfj!!!