Options

Sub 3

Comments

• Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    All the best for the weekend RJR, I'm in Notts myself on Sunday though it's a modest trail race in Sherwood Forest for me.  Definitely looks like gloves weather!
    Good luck JoeB too, loved Valencia when I was there so above all enjoy it and hope you hit your target.
    Just over 10m in the rain this morning, I guess we're all constantly drying things out currently.

Enough of this shoe nonsense, lets get the thread back to a topical discussion..  yes, I have just ordered a new washing machine  :).  The old Bosch turned out to have a squeaky drum bearing which is gradually getting worse (sealed in so not repairable) so a shiny new Samsung arrives next Tuesday.  It even has a setting for washing Vaporflys (that may not be true  ;)).  I will now celebrate by posting a picture of an enormous box of Daz..

• Options
    Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Cheers TR - Mark just tried and was able to place an order (though only one pair) so I had another go and it worked this time so I should have both of the sizes sixes on the way to try and at less than half price. Probably still need to do some of this training stuff though especially with Brass fast approaching.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Wardi - will that give Daz bluey whiteness?

LMH - good price there then. Got to be happy with 102.

Gen Awrobic and 10 strides today. So 8m inc 10x30s/30s.
  • Options
    I will be if they fit TR and even more so if I go sub 2.55 in them:-) I gave myself a good talking to this morning and included a whole 5 x 1 min on/off - you've got to start somewhere.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    LMH - if you ordered both pairs you should be fine fit wise. I think they need to be a bit snug, as they are like a sock on a sole more than a shoe ? And stretch a bit. I ordered a 9 as my flyknits where a 9 although they areva bit snug.
    Good news on the 1min efforts. Simply doing 10x 30s/30s a couple of times a week would be good. Pete Pf said he'd advise more strides on a recent podcast i heard. If you can build up to a weekly tempo run then it would do you good, but schedule it so you csn have a short day afterwards esp at first.
  • Options
    Good news on the min on min off LMH. all stepping stones as they say.

Ive done 2m & 5.30 on Tues  and 2 x 2m around 6mm today without anything serious to complain about other than it has confirmed I need to take a more conservative approach to getting back to session fit. 

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Good stuff Menn, if lack of fitness is a bigger issue than things hurting or not then you are making progress.
  • Options
    Indeed TR - Id say I just need to get back on it and am looking to do some LT and tempo work over the next couple of weeks -  onward and indeed upward
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Menn.. good to see you making genuine progress.  It must seem a long way back to the level you were at but from little acorns grow etc. 
    LMH.. speed demon in the making!  ;)
    10.8m today, stopped raining mid afternoon so got it done without a wetting for a change.
  • Options
    Pretty but they don't go small enough for me Mennania - I don't recognise the site either, is it one you've used before? Great news that the orthotics seem to have sorted your issues.

I wish Wardi.

I came down with a streaming cold yesterday afternoon - told you this speed work (I use the term loosely) wasn't good for me. All symptoms above the neck so if it's safe to do so (we have a yellow warning for ice) I shall probably content myself with a few easy miles for a couple of days and hope it clears up quickly.
  • Options
    I don't think you'd get much joy taking those back to the Nike store, Menn.

Almost December, and time to start getting back to more regular running and some intervals again.  Good luck to Joe & Joe at the weekend.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Menn - long may the progress continue.

LMH - you should be ok to carry on then. Easy days are all part of the cake mix.

6m easy peasy pace here today, barely warmed up.
  • Options
    Just debating whether running a few easy miles is going to be of more or less benefit than resting up and hopefully getting over this more quickly TR.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Take a couple of days off then. Its already 9.30.
  • Options
    Cheers Wardi & CD.

Went out for a couple of miles run/walk yesterday as it's week 2 of the couch to 5k. Balancing my need for rest with being supportive but nothing more than a walk to the shops today. Managed an extra hour of sleep and hoping for an early night tonight. Waking up in my own bed is a real plus!

Disorientated today by the sunshine. Feels like it hasn't been out in weeks. Not sure how I feel about tomorrow or what I'm capable of but I'll give it my best shot. The spring marathons aren't too far away which I suppose is both a good and a bad thing. I'll head out at 6:45 pace and see if it holds; gives me a few minutes leeway in the second half! In April I held sub 3 pace until around the 24 mile mark and I do believe I'm in slightly better shape than I was then but it's probably fairly marginal.
  • Options
    OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Menn - 2*2 miles at 6mm is pretty rapid on your bounce back to form (thinks to himself b*gg*r another one faster than me on this forum).
    RJR - Looking good for tomorrow and that sounds a good plan on pacing. A great platform for 2020 Spring marathon.
    Good luck to you too Joe, sorry won't be there to pace you round the first half this time round.
    ;) Unconventional taper, sure you will run well. 
    LMH - Rest-up. So my 2 pairs of VF have arrived and I see Nike are doing their discount games again today - like a marathon, don't go off too soon. 14 miles with some 800m fast sessions y'day in 2 sessions yesterday. An easy lunchtime run planned before seeing the nipper play goalie for the school in a county final football competition. I am so nervous.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    OO - i havnt heard anything from Nike yet, they usually text a delivery time. I guess they are snowed under this week.
  • Options
    What's today's deal OuchOuch? I could always send mine back (when they arrive) if I can order cheaper ones:-)

rj - lovely weather for it here today (I'm just down the road in Derby). I went out at 0930hrs and it was perfect (if cold and a little slippery in places). I tend to run every day in the taper, yesterday definitely won't have done you any harm.

No rush today TR as I don't go in to work. Decided to head out and keep the HR low and see how I felt and the answer was pretty good - nose was running far less whilst I was running.

Have a good weekend Joe.
  • Options
    I've been off travelling a bit for work in the last fortnight so I've fallen behind, but glad to see Wardi getting us back to washing machines after an absence of some years.

I'm doing a bit of general 40 mpw-ish training since taking a 2-3 week break after York, though I did throw in a 20M run last Sunday to keep my endurance adaptations ticking over until the VLM campaign.

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend!
  • Options
    TR - I got an estimated delivery of Friday pretty much straight away and then they were delivered yesterday to a neighbour. Really good communication though all the way along. Might be worth chasing up, even though a faff!

LMH - that's good to hear. All the rain coupled with freezing temps overnight tonight does suggest it could be quite slippy out but I think there's some shorter races before the marathon starts so hopefully any dangers will be identified. I did see some advice to carry on running the same number of days each week but with significantly cut back mileage. I didn't mean to but I have actually done that. Mind you the couch to 5k sessions have had an average heart rate for me of around 85 bpm so that's no more than a brisk walk!
  • Options
    TR - Same experience as RJR here, phone going bonkers with Nike communications. Ordered Tues&Weds, both here. 
    LMH - £167 with 30% off, so c£115. 
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Im at home today*, i think i used work email so dont have order details, will chase it monday. I had estimated delivery of 28th and 29th, so was expecting a text by know.

* just finished sanding all the lounge skirting, picture rail, architrave etc which gave my achy tummy a workout it didnt need. But we'll see how it is to run on tomorrow. I was only thinking this morning it felt the best it has in ages when i ran. I also found myself wondering if 6m easy had ever felt so easy.
  • Options
    That's good to hear OuchOuch - more than I paid. No sign of them yet though.

You can always run on the grass rj if the path is slippery, it's flat and usually short.

Hope you haven't upset anything TR.

That is low mileage for you Charlie, how is everything feeling now?
  • Options
    @menn i can't get any info on vdctt.com - did you order from them? It's a bit weird, vdctt.com doesn't even show up in a Google search. They claim to have the next% for £106  in stock in my size...

• Options
    Good luck this weekend Joe - hold back in the first half and then see what you've got!

OO - Thanks for the well wishes. Will be strange running the first half without the shouts of 'Go on Pete' seemingly following me around the course.

Fly out to Valencia tomorrow early AM. Lots of the club heading out, including a good mate who's going for the female olympic standard, will be exciting to see how she get's on!

Would love a 2:45 but am going to run to HR/effort and see what the day brings.
  • Options
    TGO - don't buy from there, they're clearly fakes.
  • Options
    They come up for me but thats way too cheap TGO -  so please don't buy from this site on my recommendation as I might have inadvertently shoved up a dodgy site whilst searching. Sorry :(
  • Options
  • Options
    What size do you need TGO? Maybe someone who ordered some to be returned is the same size and whilst not quite as cheap as that they were well under the RRP.