Thursday 28th November 2019 L.A. proved too much for the man

Morning! 

Lyrics: L.A. proved too much for the man
(Too much for the man, he couldn't make it)

Yesterday’s lyrics were “I’m into something good”, Herman’s Hermits.

What: short run d&d

Why: train to catch shortly; 5k in Hyde Park tomorrow lunchtime

Got soaked on the run. Looks as if I will get soaked getting to the bus and then from the bus to the train. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Are you making a weekend of it Alehouse? Hope you have a good time and a good race. Forecast dry here this morning - but it isn't.

I hope that the antibiotics are all that's required emzap.

Just back from my walk and feeling a bit better than yesterday so I think I will head out and see how I feel.

What:            something or nothing
    Why:             quite a bit short of 100% at the minute
    Last hard:     I'm finding it all a bit hard again
    Last rest:      27/11

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Sorry, Ale - would have started the thread but couldn't think of any lyrics.  Travel well despite the soakings and enjoy London.  Will you meet up with anyone there?

Relieved that your abscence for the rest of the day yesterday was nothing sinister emzap.  Hope you got the ABs in the meantime and you had a lovely evening out.

Are you feeling better in the meantime LMH?

Good mileage WP.

Well done on the gym work Chicksta. 

Tough session Dustin - not surprised your legs felt a bit battered.

I've more or less forgiven OH for the pizza accident in the meantime - will put flags on it next time with "your bit" and "my bit..".

What: 10 miles @ LSR pace this afternoon / evening
    Why: building the mileage and LT run tomorrow so need to keep the pace sensible today
    Last rest: 25.11.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Morning again!

Very wet here! As predicted got wet getting to the bus; wet from bus to station. Hoping it is dry when I arrive in the south. Forecast tomorrow is dry, cold and bright.

Meeting up with various friends including SC2 who has posted on here in the past but is usually found on other threads.
    Back tomorrow evening.

Lyrics were the first train related ones that I could think of.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics yes...
    hazel love the flag idea!!! have a great 10 miles
    alehouse enjoy the run tomorrow, are you staying saturday as well?  Park running?
    emzap hope the antibiotics sorts it all, did you have a good night?
    lmh hope you are on the mend, sounds like it

managed a nice 4.2 miles last night
    what: short d&d this am, more later, today will be adouble
    why: I'm down tbh and only the running is picking me up
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All, 
    Hazel - maybe get a "your shelf" and "my shelf" in the fridge.
    With both ladies home, our kitchen is regularly hit by a swarm of locusts. They clear the shelves quicker than we can stock them - or so it seems...
    Ale - safe travels, grey and overcast here at the moment, more rain forecast which should moisten up the XC course for Saturday...

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - Thanksgiving 'do' tonight so not coaching, get some fresh air at lunchtime first
    last rest - 4- 5 weeks?
    last hard - Tuesday
  • Ale: Enjoy the big smoke. Hope LFOM goes well. 

Enjoy your double, wabo

Hazel: Have you started another round of P&D then? They start sooo early with those bloody LT runs  :#

Hope the atb's work, em

Take another rest day if you still feel rubbish, LMH. Nothing gained by pushing yourself hard at the mo.

Dustin: Happy Thanksgiving! Reminds me of a story when we still lived in the UK and hubby organised a Thanksgiving leaving do for a work mate. He volunteered my services to make the turkey. So I ended up making a turkey on a school night. I think it was finally done at 2am :D 

What: 7 miles on the TM with 4 * 5mins hard and 1 min recoveries. Boy, 1 minute is sooo short! I worked hard and was quite pleased to push my HR over 170. It hasn't been anywhere near in ages.
    Why: training plan
    Last hard: those super short recoveries
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: no
  • Back home tomorrow evening, Wabo, so no parkrun down south! And quite possibly no parkrun anyway as my legs are likely to be struggling after LFOM!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    fair enough, I like to see who is park running where!
  • I'm feeling a bit the same Wabo - running is definitely what's mostly keeping me sane. Hope you feel brighter soon.

I felt much better this morning thanks Hazel. Have you entered a spring marathon?

I have a HM to train for chicksta.

Enjoy your 'do' Dustin. I'd like to try the sweet potato dish that seems to be a Thanksgiving thing but not enough to actually make one, should get friendly with some Yanks I guess:-)
  • Hi again everyone

Ten days with no running, even gave up lurking on the forum for most of that. Felt like I had a cold, but it dragged on for ages - aches/pains, headache, poor energy. Finally got out for a run this morning and it went a lot better than I thought it would. Have a 10k race this Saturday, so it's far from ideal prep, but a few days ago I was thinking I wouldn't even run it. My sub 42 minute target isn't going to happen, but I'm just happy to be running again

What - 4 and a bit miles

Lyrics - no

Hope everyone is well. I'll try and catch up a bit on the chat that I've missed
  • Afternoon

Chamolk: Good to see you back and running again these nasty germs don't half linger! Good luck for Saturday!

What: 6.75 miles
    Why: Because

Last hard Tiredness
    Lyrics: Yes

A good run today and faster than yesterday so that is progress :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    nice to see you back Chamolk.  
    poppy lovely progress!
  • Glad to know you're back on the go Chamolk, always a risk when you're at the "coal face"

Running rest day for me (felt like hell at track last night as slow legs, cold wet and 40mph winds)
    Weather much better today and had swim.
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics no

• Lovely photos OH.

Don't worry about catching up chamolk. Good to hear that you're feeling better and are back out running. You never know - the rest may have done you good!

Sounds positive Poppy.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lovely photos oh
    Welcome back chamolk. Glad you're feeling better

What: walk to town via pharmacy for antibiotics
    Why: bounce and rhyme and prescription finally ready
    Last hard: entertaining dad, step mum and mother in law!
    Lyrics: nope

I love the flag idea hazel!

Have a lovely evening