Friday 29th November 2019 - You only see what your eyes want to see

Morning.

Lyrics - You only see what your eyes want to see

That sounds like a houseful emzap. Glad you managed to get your antibiotics sorted.

Have a good race Alehouse.

Temperature has taken a sharp dip here and we have a yellow warning for ice - not surprising given the amount of rain we had yesterday. I shall see what conditions are like when I venture out for my walk. Came down with a streaming cold yesterday evening but all symptoms are above the neck so it's just annoying though I'll use it as an excuse to keep things easy for a couple of days.

What:          hopefully something easy
Why:           ice/not 100%
Last hard:   having to wrap xmas presents (meeting up with friends on Sunday)
Last rest:    27/11
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Midnight Train to Georgia, Gladys Knight and the Pips.

What: 5k race at lunchtime, Hyde Park.

Why: when I bought the train tickets 3 months ago this was going to be an A race; today I will be content to get round.

Plenty of people to look after Luke, Emz!

Get well, LMH and others suffering.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Good luck Ale! Enjoy your meet up.

Get well soon LMH.  Take it easy.  I've signed up for Hamburg (19.04.)

Good to see you back chamolk.  Good luck for the 10k tomorrow, you might do better than you expect with the rest.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving do Dustin.

((Wabo)).  How are the steps going?

Good news on the progress WP.

Lovely pics OH.

Good the ABs are sorted emzap.  Agree with Ale - take the opportunity to sneak out!

P & L base training at the moment Chicksta, will be doing a 12 week P&D with some DIY adjustments subsequently.  Will go for mileage between the up to 55 and the next one - mostly with the long runs.   The base training LT runs are shorter than the P&D ones - will give me the opportunity to get used to them again.  Every other week and I am putting in a few MP miles the other week.  But no more speedwork than that at the moment.  Well done on your TM efforts - 1 minute recoveries sound very short

What:  7 miles with 20mins @ LT.
    Why: this week's speedwork
    Last hard: got soaked to the skin yesterday evening on my 10 miler.  Good thing it was dark so that I couldn't really see how nasty it was.
    Last rest: 25.11.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics oh yes LMH i know them...
    Hazel I got soaked last night as well!! Enjoy the 7 miles, thats some good training you are doing!! I seem to be in the lead on the steps challenge but Jodie's fitbit played up one day so I imagine she has done more, it is close though and between that and the squares game on fetch, my steps are increasing!!
    alehouse, it is a lovely day for the race! Have fun.  If my old mate Tom is there in his manor vest say hello!
    LMH hope the cold stays above the neck! Keep warm, happy wrapping it is descending on us quick

What: just short of 2 this morning and another 3 later
    why: the doubles are good when my time is limited
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

Did a good second run last night with oh, few mins warm up then  7 x 2min efforts with 1 minute recovery and a cool down, his legs packed up after 4 efforts! Two much work in the gym the night before...
    Park run tomorrow, going for a muddy grassy one
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    me too re. lyrics and copping a soaking, albeit this morning :) 

Wabo: nice to outpace your OH ;) know what you mean about legs packing up from too much gym stuff though. Mine are continuously sore at the mo.

Sounds like a solid strategy, Hazel

Good to have you back, chamolk. Good luck for your 10k

Fingers crossed for LFOTM, ale

Sounds quite treacherous, LMH. Hope the cold stays above the chest. Memory like a sieve, me. Forgot you have a half to train for, so my bad. For some reason I thought VLM was next on your agenda :)

That's a lot of people, em!

Great pics, OH. Is that you waving in the background or was it you who took the pics?

What: 6.5 mile recovery run
    Why: worked hard yesterday
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: 27/11
    Lyrics: yes 
  • Morning

Hazel: Great idea with flags for any food you share in the fridge! enjoy your miles today.
    Ale: Good luck today

What: 7.60 miles
    Why: Just Because

Last hard Tiredness and virus

Extended run and I am doing things I do i not normally like like switching route do to new path being laid,laps which I hate and the other side of cycle track which I don't like yet I managed  :) Maybe tomorrow I will make 8 miles :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I'm sure you will if you want to Poppy!

It's wrapping in November that I object to Wabo. Mind you it's the xmas lights switch on in the village this evening and we're going because MiL wants to. Good work on the reps and the doubles.

No worries chicksta - don't expect you to remember my race calendar:-) I stuck to the trails as some of the paths were quite treacherous.

Just cold here this morning Hazel. You'll be racing the week before me then, I shall follow your structured training with interest.

Nose was much better whilst I was running, streaming again now though which is making doing anything a bit difficult.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Working today but swim (350m ) over  lunchtime  and yoga this evening.
    Wednesday at track was hard
    Rest from running today and yesterday (but intend parkrun tomorrow)
    Lyrics no

Hope LFoM went OK, AH

I was behind the camera on yesterday's photos, Chicksta.

This is me emerging today

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Evening!

What: LFoM

Why: had booked the train on August 2nd as a backup A race; that was never going to happen given the sacrum fracture. Having said that was pleased with today's effort. Wasn't feeling great and the warm up was grim!  First k is largely uphill, and busy: around 4:48. Next two Kms were 4:32, getting into a decent rhythm, passing a few and running along alongside another guy. 4:34 for the 4th k, and just after that got away from the guy I had been running with. The last 500 are downhill then flat: inevitably the guy came back at me and passed. And I was not going to sprint: far too dangerous! I got 4:34 for the last k, but there was still another 50/60 k to go! Course has been accurately wheeled.

A good meet up: 6 others that I know joined us in a pub. And by coincidence your old school was mentioned, OH: one guy's brother was in the same year as J. Marr esq.

Didn't see any Manor vests, Wabo... although there may of course have been people there.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    Get well soon LmH - present wrapping? Haven't even bought any yet..
    Chamolk - good to see you back
    OH - nice pics
    Wabo - good work yesterday
    Hazel - good plan
    Ale - lovely day for it!

What - 4 easy trail & admin
    Why - XC tomorrow, plus had the day off. I was supposed to have follow up eye appt at the hospital - they rang mid morning as consultant off sick to cancel. Another day's leave wasted. Then popped into get a doctors sign off for a race overseas - no doctors could see me, so have an appointment Wednesday week....
    last rest - last month
    last hard - not swearing today 

• A wasted day for you, Dustin! What overseas adventure?
    Was a good day for LFOM: dry, no wind chilly. Got on the start line with a long-sleeved top on; last minute swapped it for a vest.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: just a walk
    Why: I got distracted making Lucas' stocking
    Last hard: forgetting to run!
    Lyrics: yes

Lmh hope you feel better soon
    Ale great work, well done
    Poppy, you'll do it :)
    Hazel well done on signing up
    Dustin what a pain
    Wabo well done on double