Saturday 30th November 2019 - Those cocky little fires you started in the night

Morning.

Lyrics - Those cocky little fires you started in the night

What a pain Dustin. Do you need a GP sign off for an overseas race with being an EA member?

Most importantly Alehouse did you enjoy the trip and how does everything feel today?

Ah, Lucas' first xmas. Very special. 
:) 

A high of 3C forecast for us today and it's not going to feel above freezing all day. Not sure whether it's slippery out or not as I haven't got that far. Bit of a disturbed night coughing (but just a tickly throat one rather than chesty) and my RHR is up this morning. I should probably not run but what I think I'm going to do is see how I feel after the shopping and maybe do the gym first and a few easy miles after that (keeping the HR low) if I feel ok and conditions are ok, if not it will just be a walk as being out generally makes me feel better.

What:            gym and maybe something short and very easy
Why:             see above
Last hard:     winter
Last rest:      27/11

Yesterday's lyrics - Frozen by Madonna.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Legs feel reasonably fine LMH, and if it had been warmer I would have been doing a parkrun; this cold and it probably increases the risk of straining something. Enjoyable trip.

What: short run and probably fitness suite

Why: see above re running; need to stretch and strengthen

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Em: Lucas first Christmas is so special and glad you are making him a stocking sew well it has to last him till he is an adult and beyond :)

It was cold 1 degree here with a biting wind.

Thank you for confidence in me LMH and Em :)

What: 8.1 miles
    Why: because
    Last hard: Virus/tiredness
    Lyrics:Nope

First time back on hilly route and first 8 miler since 2nd November-yay not long for NYE race and I entered a Santa 5k race for £12 a santa suit, vegan +GF christmas cake, Christmas buff and medal :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • That's good Alehouse.

Knew you could do it Poppy.

Given how rough I felt doing my little gym program I won't be running today. Hopefully by being sensible I'll be ok to run tomorrow.
  • Poor you, LMH. Probably a smart move not to run given how cold it is.

Nice miles, Poppy. Race sounds great bang for the buck.

How lovely to make a stocking for that special first Christmas, em.

What a waste of time, Dustin. Which overseas race is that?

Well done in London, yesterday, ale. Hope you were nowhere near London Bridge 🙄

What: a little shy of 8 miles in Xmas gear with parkrun in the middle 🎅
    Why: session said 2 warm-up, 2 steady, two cool-down which I extended a bit plus it was the dress rehearsal for tomorrow's advent trail run.
    Last hard: getting warm again
    Last rest: 27/11
    Lyrics: no
  • Very festive chicksta. It wasn't too cold for running, would have been lovely with my sleeping bag jacket on but definitely not sensible given how I felt/feel.
  • Happy St Andrews Day!

parkrun 26:02 (but beaten by arch rival Alette for the first time) followed by swim (300m @ 5°C water).

50% of yoga poses last night were hard.
    Tomorrow will be rest day.
    Lyrics no
  • One of today's 5 showing a lead

• Indeed, Happy St. Andrew's Day, OH! Any celebrations? 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: parkrun
    Why: Saturday
    Last hard: parkrun wasn't easy, we ran most of the way today. Ran with a friend who'd had a baby 4 days before Lucas.
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh feel better soon.
    Chick what a lovely photo
    Oh you too.
    Poppy great running

Have a great day all
  • Nothing in particular AH, just a run and a swim for me.
    Hear LFoM went reasonably well
  • Evening. Usual late check-in on Saturday.

Well done on LFOTM Ale. Meet-up must have been nice.

Very restrained of you not to swear a lot with that appointment mixup Dustin. Annoying. Hope XC went well. Also curious regarding the overseas race.

Like the idea of the stocking emzap.  Also WP's addition of reusing it.

Santa run sounds lke a bargain WP. Really seems you are over the worst with the virus now. Fingers crossed.

Sensible decision LMH. Hope you can run tomorrow.

Lovely pic Chicksta. The parkrun should use it for some advertising. Have a great run tomorrow.

Hope you had a nice St Andrew's day OH.  Rematch with Arlette next week?

What: Short leg loosener, then Saturday group training: WU, 3 x 5 x 30+20+10 seconds at increasing speeds, with 5 mins between sets. CD, streching.
    Why: nice to have company and learn some new things.
    Last hard 1: yesterday's LT in the dark and pouring rain. A few seconds off pace but decent enough for the conditions and I had to U-turn regularly. Standard loop too muddy for the dark.
    Last hard 2: Not eating all the freshly baked xmas biscuits - the aroma of them baking was driving me mad!
    Last rest: 25.11

Lyrics:no