Sunday 1st December 2019 - And just as my eyes start seeing

Morning.

Lyrics - And just as my eyes start seeing

That sounds like a good session Hazel and the biscuits very tempting! Will they keep for xmas though?

My RHR is down slightly but I'm snuffly and coughing and headachy and my peak flow is down a little so today's planned long run isn't going to happen. I shall wrap up warm and take myself out for a walk and see if I think a short run is a good idea or not after that.

What:           probably nothing again
Why:            ill
Last hard:    not being able to run
Last rest:     30/11

Yesterday's lyrics - Do Or Die - The Human League.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Could you do a second long walk in place of a (long) run LMH? Plenty of fresh air would likely do you good. Some of the biscuits are supposed to be heading to the Uk.

Have a great Sunday all.

What: this week's long run - 13 miles
    Why: mileage
    Last hard: deciding whether to go now or later. Breakfast vs wet?
    Last rest: 25.11

Lyrics: no

• Not today Hazel - meeting friends for lunch to exchange xmas presents with around an hours drive each way - and I don't think a long walk would do anything for my fitness anyway. What sort of biscuits did you bake? I'm in the UK if they're gf................:-) Definitely breakfast before 13 miles for me.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: a run of some description plus fitness suite

Why: usual Sunday pattern

It is cold out there! 

And get well, LMH
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Cheers Alehouse. I had nearly talked myself in to going out for a very short and easy run when it started raining and I just couldn't see the point in going out to get cold and wet for the sake of a few junk miles. Don't know if i'm being sensible or making excuses.

I'd forgotten - it's chicksta's trail race today - hope you enjoyed it.
  • Morning again!

Crisp, cold and very slippery here. Heading out shortly though!

Hope it went well, Chick!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon!

Quiet!

November's figures: Nov 104.72km, which was more than September and October combined! Aiming for rather more in December. 3 parkruns, one race.

Decent stretching and strengthening session followed by a short run. Sunny but chilly.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 5 km on the country roads
    Why: glorious weather, seemed a shame not to enjoy it
    Last hard: hills!
    Lyrics: nope

Last day of mil visit at least she'll see Lucas' swimming lesson this afternoon :) granny will definitely be sad to leave

Lmh get well soon.

Christmas biscuits hazel?

Hope you had a fun race chick

Have a lovely day all
  • Meant to say, hope xc went well yesterday, Dustin.

Don't rush things Emz!
  • Emzap / LMH the biscuits are of German / maybe Austrian origin. There are lots of Christmasy biscuits there.  Let's call them tangy nut biscuits (as I haven't a clue how to translate the word Laiberl).. They are almost gf, the only thing that isn't is the edible baking paper on the base.. (hmm rice paper maybe an alternative).

Hope chicksta had a good race.

Where does MIL live emzap?

Mileage sounds good Ale.

Stayed dry after all today for my run. Felt like hard work and I probably shouldn't have added in some extra undulations. Will hold my mileage as is next week (bit short of 50 this).

Nov. stats: 192 miles, no races.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

hope all are well

Cracking parkrun yesterday - certainly starting some good comeback as dipped under 23 mins. (3 to go)

Mapledurham 10k today - never planned to be a fast time more of to see how I can cope with a hard hilly off road course..... answer - loved it. Did I stay on my feet... um no.... 1 slip in the tractor tracks / puddles then a fall 5 meteres after getting up, other than that all went well, saw 8, 9, 10 and 11 min miles due to hills and terrain 91/236 and just under the hour mark (but short on the polar...)

KOP booked for tomorrow but thats my 6 weekly appointment nothing more... 

Take care
  • Em I bet MIL will miss Granny duties and I am sure you enjoyed the extra help as well with Lucas. be careful slowly slowly cathe monkey, not faster faster Deady Donky :D

Biscuits sound nice Hazel:-) can I expect a package by pigeon post :)

What: 4.5 miles
    Why: 4 hours sleep and totally worn out
    Last hard: Last night
    Lyrics: Nope

-1 this morning and slippery in places so had to be careful buta  good run.Tomorrow is looking deadly -3!!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Happy first advent folks. Hohoho 🎅

You're very organised, Hazel. I still need to bake mine. Guess I could do a nut or almond based variety for LMH :)

That's two 5ks in two days, em. Impressive return to running.

Hope you feel better soon, LMH.

That's a brilliant parkrun,  RFJ 👏👏 and well done on that tough 10k as well.

Brrr poppy, that's cold indeed.

Nice mileage folks. Exactly 200 for me. But down on last year

Run was great, thanks. Abysmal weather with freezing fog, something my asthma hates. But the event was fab. So well organised and the trails were great fun. There was a little bit of everything - sand, forest paths, tree roots, stones, slippery grass and mud. And plenty of hills. Loved it. Was expecting a 2:30ish time so very pleased to see 2:20:25 on the clock. Distance is a little over 16 miles. My Miss Santa outfit attracted a lot of attention and I chatted to fellow runners most of the time which made the time pass very quickly. I was almost disappointed when we approached the finish. A hot soup was most welcome. Deffo one to put in the race calendar.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    All sounds good, Chick! Well done!

And double well done RFJ!
  • I'm glad you had a good time chiksta.

Biscuits sound nice Hazel.

What Alehouse said emzap - but great that you were able to make the most of MiL's last day and enjoy another run.

Cold here too Poppy.

Good to hear that things are going well RFJ.

I'm feeling bad for not running but my cough has developed as the day has progressed and my peak flow lowered so it was the right call. Just hoping for a miraculous overnight recovery.
  • Crossing my fingers, LMH.

Just realised that I ran a 2 min negative split despite the long and nasty hills being in the 2nd half. I let the whippety looking trailsters impress me again and lined up too far at the back leading to a very pedestrian first few k. But maybe that led to a strong 2nd half.
  • Thanks chicksta. As you were running it for training rather than racing that sounds like a good way to do it.
  • Well done Chicksta.
    rest day for me
    lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done rfj what a great 2 days.
    Chick schöne Lauf :) 
    Lmh good call get well soon
    Hazel Cape Town so not just around the corner.  Your biscuits sound nice but I'm allergic to nuts so not great for me.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi folks

Sounds like there's been some good runs this weekend, well done.

I unfortunately didn't even make it to my race yesterday - woke in the morning feeling rotten again and decided against running it, which was a bit of a bummer. Haven't been out since Thursday (1 run in 2 weeks), but I think I'll get out for a few easy miles with the club tomorrow night

Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend