Monday 2nd December 2019 - A winter's day

Morning.

Lyrics - A winter's day
             In a deep and dark December

Sorry to hear you're still not 100% chamolk. Hope you feel well enough to go to your club run.

My peak flow is down again and I have an annoying cough so no running for me again. If the cough is manageable after my walk I may try to get to the gym before work - I'm fed up with this already.

What:             maybe gym, maybe nothing
Why:              annoying cough/low peak flow
Last hard:      I find being ill hard
Last rest:       1/12

Yesterday's lyrics - Lament by Ultravox.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Hope that all those suffering a  little soon recover!
    Ale - well done with LFOTM
    Chick - great racing, you too RFJ with the PR/Maple double
    I'm doing the Mont Blanc Marathon next June - it's my club's annual trip - and need a medical certificate apparently. Doctor's surgery deserted when I went in, would have taken two minutes...

Cross Country Saturday - County League race 3, crisp and dry but course was very boggy. 6miles in 45:45 a minute down on last year. Good fun though.
    Sunday was 16 easy trail miles, beautiful bright and dry morning again!

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    Last rest - 4 weeks
    Last hard - Saturday

• More get wells soon for LMH and chamolk.

Great running RFJ.

Hope MIL travelled well emzap. 

Sounds like that was a great race chicksta and well done on your time. 

You have a great year ahead of you for 2020 then Dustin - if I remember right you also have a VLM place?  Nice weekend of running.

What: running rest day
    Why: Monday and my right calf is niggly and needs one
    Last hard: getting the calf to loosen up - maybe too much stretching / heel raises done in recent days - doesn't feel like a strain more like DOMS. Will attack it with a spiky ball later.
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Sorry to hear about the calf, Hazel! I woke up with a start due to cramp in one of mine; the spiky ball has already been used. Hope yours comes to nothing...and mine!

What: supposed to be half an hour plus later this morning with M74

Why: his cutback week, and unsure whether the calf will cope. Later this morning as it is rather icy at present.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

LMH and Chamolk I hope you both start to feel better soon .It really is a comeback at you sort of virus.

Dustin: Sounds like a fun 2010 for you  :)

I should have got yesterday's lyrics.

What: A run when it warms up/not so slippery
    Why: Too slippery at the moment we reach 0 at 10am so will attempt a run then.
    Last hard; Weather
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I hope that the calves are fine Alehouse and Hazel.

Mine's just a cold that's gone to my chest a little Poppy. Nothing serious. Hope it warms up for your run.

My GP would want you to submit the form and pay £25 Dustin - no chance of getting it done there and then.

It was lovely on my walk, very cold but dry, still and sunny once the sun came up but I decided it would be silly to do a few miles for the sake of it so I have been to the gym.
  • Morning again!

What: 6.25k on trails with M74. No issues with calf (although I won't mention the rest of my legs!).

Why: about the right length for today. Had to avoid a few icy patches but generally pretty decent conditions.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice xcing, Dustin. Mont Blanc marathon sounds great. I think that med cert obsession is a French thing. A lot of faff for a piece of paper 🙄

LMH: I feel your pain. Being ill or injured is tough.

Hope your calf settles, Hazel.

Sorry to hear it's so icy where you are, Poppy and ale.

Blue skies here when I went out, heavens opened  with 1 k to go :s

Surprised to find a pair of really bouncy legs and a brisk ( for me) pace. Wasn't expecting anything after yesterday so that was nice.

What: 8 miles
    Why: back to back longish runs. Was supposed to do 12-14 yesterday and 8-10 today. As I did 16 yesterday 8 sounded and felt about right.
    Last hard: running on slippery muddy grass yesterday
    Last rest: 27/11
    Lyrics: yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    LMH sorry to hear that, wish you better
    chick nice one, what a lovely feeling! Loved your photo btw
    alehouse nice running
    wp hopefully its thawed and you've run
    hazel hope the calf settles
    dustin, oh how exciting!! 
    what: 2 d&d bit more later
    why: monday morning thing stopped me doing more
    last hard: getting up and running at all
    last rest: 31/12/16

But Monday is nearly done!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good weekend's running Dustin. The certificate does seem to be a French thing, I need to get one for Paris marathon. There are reasons GPs take time /money for these things, but I won't bore you all with the details (unless you really want me to). Mont Blanc mara sounds good though.

Hope you've dried out Chick

Hazel - enjoy the spiky ball

LMH - glad you got out, hope the peak flow is back to normal.

I decided to take advantage of a nice sunny lunchtime, and got out for 4.5 miles earlier, rather than feel I had to run at someone else's pace at the club tonight - went well, hopefully that'll be me back in to the swing of things.

Lyrics - yes, I thought we had those ones not that long ago, but I might be mistaken
  • Afternoon!

Yes, good to take advantage of the sunny lunchtime, Chamolk! And yes, I also think we had these lyrics not long ago...and I believe I have used them a couple of times in Decembers gone by! No harm in that: I know how difficult it is sometimes to think of the song to post!
  • Yeah, I remember thinking it would be a good one for December
  • Sounds sensible for your run chamolk. I'm hoping my peak flow will be back up if not back to normal tomorrow but who knows with these things? I'd have to be a lot worse not to make it out for a walk though.

Are you feeling a bit brighter Wabo?

Great recovery chicksta.

I'm sorry but I really can't remember the lyrics that have been used in the last couple of days never mind before that.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening.
    Just a walk here today. Also naked a coconut cake.
    Get well soon lmh and chamolk.
    Ale and hazel, hope the legs are ok.

Mil left at 3am and still travelling.

Have a lovely evening