Tuesday 3rd December 2019 - People moving out, people moving in

Morning.

Lyrics - People moving out, people moving in

I usually wear a pinny when baking emzap 
:) :smile:

Woke at 0420hrs coughing and with a filthy sinus headache but peak flow is up a little. RHR is still up so I know I probably shouldn't run but I'm going slightly mad and the chance of a good run at Brass is slipping away. I shall see how I feel after a walk.

What:           something or nothing
Why:             I want to/don't know if I should
Last hard:    making the right decision
Last rest:     2/12

Yesterday's lyrics - I Am A Rock - Simon and Garfunkel.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no, although I did know those that I was about to post!

What: long stretch and strengthening day, plus a run of some description

Why: Tuesday

I, too, was amused by Emz baking post!

Hope you are soon better, LMH.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Cheers Alehouse. I'm getting well fed up of it now and it's so difficult to decide whether a little run is going to set me back or not.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning!
    LMH - rest up, lots of ailments going round - youngest now has dodgy tonsils & ear infection. I'm keeping clear.
    Chamolk - I would genuinely be interested to hear.
    I have no issue with being charged, but when the surgery is devoid of patients (they make calls between 12-2) and no other doctor can see you, at all, anytime that day plus you can only ring after 8 on other days to get a follow on appointment (by which time I'm at work) and your GP - who you haven't seen for 10+ years isn't working again for another 7 days, you can perhaps forgive my lack of empathy.
    Others from my club at other surgeries dropped off the form and collected it 48 hours later, some with fee some without.

What - club night, think it's paarlauf
    Why - Training
    Last rest - last month
    Last Hard - run wise was Saturday, otherwise the strike for the whole of December is likely to make me even more grinch like than ever....
    lyric - possibly

• The strike is going to be a bit of a nightmare for you I guess Dustin. It's so hard to know when it's ok to get back to it.
  • Morning

I almost overlooked the naked cake.  :D

Understand your frustration both with the docs and with the trains Dustin.

Also for LMH with the cold.  Don't rush to get back to it and feel it for longer though.

Be careful on the ice and mud for any affected.

Good your calf is ok Ale.  Mine has also settled a bit.  

What: group run this evening will take it fairly easy and see how the leg is.
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: working out which bit hurts as the niggle moved its way around my entire lower leg yesterday
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • I think a moving niggle is probably a good thing Hazel - hope it's ok for your run this evening.

I so can't decide what to do. My peak flow is on the up but I feel a bit breathless (not sure quite how that works), I was coughing a bit on my walk and my cold was more productive than it has been and my head is pounding - but I really feel that I'd like to get out for a run and might feel better (mentally at least) if i did so.
  • Personally I would run, LMH, but would be keeping it very easy. Am sure you will feel better for it!

How is the train strike affecting you, Dustin? Alternative way to get to work?

Waiting for it to warm up a bit before I venture out for my short run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I think you'd always run though Alehouse  :)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    lyrics an instant yes...
    LMH I am getting there, this time of year just makes me feel like this. How you feel sounds h ow I was a couple of weeks ago. Take care, I can't say don't run cos I always do..
    alehouse enjoy your run whatever it may be...
    hazel enjoy the group run and I hope the leg is ok
    dustin enjoy the pile offs  :D  I get your frustration re doctor, it does seem they all do that differently

managed 5 miles over the double yesterday I do like doubles, especially baileys

what: 2 d&d this morning bit more later
    why: again time is tough today
    Last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo - I'm the same with the time of year but definitely not when it comes to streaking, something I consciously avoid. Have you seen that Baileys have a new salted caramel version? I'm seriously considering treating myself for xmas:-)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh LMH I need to get some of that. My daughter will love that. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Hazel: Ihope calf niggle is okay for your run tonight.

What:4.5 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: weather
    Lyrics:Yes

I wanted 2laps but legs they said no so I listened :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • TV show forthcoming Emzap?

Major civil engineering works gong on in preparation for annual post Christmas Rotary Club Mud Obstacle run

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    looks interesting OH!
    Ale - i have one train an hour for the most part. Although in the morning it's either 5.01 or 6.31 - so I go for the earlier one, otherwise I won't get in until gone 8. Upside is I leave between 3 & 3:30