Wednesday 4th December 2019 - Naughty boys in nasty schools Headmasters breaking all the rules

Naughty boys in nasty schools
Headmasters breaking all the rules

What: running Christmas party
Why: I organised it
Last hard: organising it as no one else did...

Had to read back to see what I'd written...I blame autocorrect combined with one handed typing to feed Lucas!  N is very close to b in the keyboard!!

Dustin, I feel your frustration.
Lmh are you feeling better?

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Ball Of Confusion - The Temptations.

Enjoy the party emzap - is this running club or just some running friends?

I did run yesterday in the end. I have a sinus headache and a wet cough but my peak flow is up and RHR down so it doesn't seem to have done any harm though I shall keep it to easy running for the rest of the week (no change there then).

What:          easy miles
    Why:            I want to
    Last hard:    being ill
    Last rest:     2/12

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Good luck Emz...(bah humbug, again)
    What - steady lunchtime, coaching villagers tonight
    Why - recovery from yesterday: did the track session of 6x800s off 90s
    Managed to see it through, averaging about 3:10s but legs just weren't feeling it (and track was staring to get icy). 
    Last Rest - last month, but should take a day or two this week
    Last hard - yesterday
    Lyric - of course! 
  • Morning

Might be a mudslide in construction OH?

It is a tough time of year Wabo - agree.  Well done on the double.  Hmm - Baileys - haven't had any for years!

Glad you could get out for a short run to ease the frustration LMH.

Enjoy the Christmas party emzap - hope it isn't too much work and the others appreciate your efforts.

Tough session Dustin well done for getting it done.

Calf was ok yesterday evening - not 100 % but certainly better after the rest day and no worse from running. 

What: short lunch time GA
    Why: Wednesday time restraints
    Last hard: going out to run yesterday evening at -3.  Was fine once I got going though.
    Last rest: 02.12.

Lyrics: familiar
  • It sounds as though you may need a day off Dustin.

Good that your calf was ok Hazel. I know what you mean about the difficulty getting out in those temperatures - we have a heavy frost and freezing fog this morning, it's not helping my enthusiasm.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Dustin, I'm also a bit bah humbug but I wanted to go out and the organisation was not working so I took over!  Speaking of bah humbug we had a baby meet up on Sunday where everyone but us wanted to dress children in Christmas outfits.  We didn't have one but a family friend coincidentally sent us one on Friday, perfect opportunity for Lucas to wear it as both my husband and I don't do Christmas outfits... Basically the poor child was the most ridiculously dressed, the others were in Christmas jumpers or red dresses, the promised Christmas puddings and other christmassy things never materialised. The first of many times Lucas will be embarrassed by his parents :joy:
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    lyrics yes
    Oh Emzap, poor Lucas haha, he'll be cool with it I bet, happy organising
    Dustin me and you both bah humbug, I don't get better.  But I am looking forward to the actual time with the family I just do not like the run up! Have a good double...
    Hazel have a good lunch time GA?? what is it?  Glad calf is ok
    LMH glad you got out yesterday keeps you ticking over and feeling better I bet

WHat: aim is for 5 miles later
    why: want a longer run
    last hard: last night double
    last r est: 31/12/16

Watching Spurs on Amazon Prime later, hope it is good!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

I watched the Burnley and Palace games last night on the laptop, Wabo, and it was fine. Leicester tonight although I dare say I will sneak a look at others!

What: easy run of some description

Why: not ready for anything else! Am "aware" of my calf as well, Hazel, but thus far it has not bothered me when running, thankfully. 

Lyrics: yes

Latish post for me: have spent a good while this morning sorting out running books and deciding what to keep and what to dispose of!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Em: I am in stitches poor Lucas when he looks back at the photo's of himself when older :)

What: 7.15 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: Torch being low on juice and worrying about slipping as so dark.
    Lyrics: Off course

Run was slow but happy to get the miles in.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Swim 350m around wreck. First swim/run since Saturday.
    Lyrics no

Hazel - yes that will be the mudslide.
  • Morning again!

What: 33 minutes off road in bright but very chilly weather. Icy patches on the trails. Well wrapped up: two pairs of bottoms, sleeping bacg jacket, hat, gloves

Why: could be this week's MLR, plus to say hello to younger son whilst he was horse-riding.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • + 7 miles up local hill. Windy and cold, wet at end.
  • Hi everyone 

Emz - sure that's that's part of what Christmas is about, ours all had their jumpers on this evening when we went to see santa. 

WP - sounds like a dodgy run, well done

Glad the peak flow is OK LMH. 

Good runs everyone else

Didn't have much time today so did a fairly fast 5k, just to see how much speed I'd lost following marathon /cold - think it was about 22 minutes, so not too bad.

My Vivoactive 3 has been playing up recently - takes a lot longer than it used to to get a signal, GPS seems quite inaccurate (today was a route I run fairly often, ended up running at least 200m further than normal), and now no map /segments visible on garmin or strava. Last week the watch kept turning itself on immediately after I turned it off. No idea what's going on with it.

Lyrics - yep