Saturday 14th December 2019 They asked me how I knew

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: They asked me how I knew
My true love was true

What: parkrun, hopefully a little more gently than last week, plus a few more ks beforehand

Why: don't want to run too hard at present/run in company/get more ks under my belt

Saw some pictures of the smoke in Sydney; must contact a friend there to see how he is coping. I saw that it is extremely difficult, possibly dangerous, to run outside. Mustn't complain about our weather!

Edit: found photos below on another thread!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Esso blue springs to mind alehouse don't know why 😂😂
    Lyrics yes
    Enjoy your park run, I've not seen that news about Sydney,sounds awful
    Welcome back chamolk

What short gentle run
    Why to loosen back
    Last hard yesterday 
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Still feeling rough and back stiffer today so hopefully a plod will loosen it, it's worked before
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    At a wedding today 💗💗
  • Showing your (and my) age with Esso Blue, Wabo! Whatever happened to paraffin heaters?!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • You have such a social whirl Wabo! Hope your back eases.

Do you think you'll be able to take it easy Alehouse? The fires in Sydney are really awful.

I had such a bad night last night, not the lurgy this time (though there was a little coughing) but tooth/jaw ache getting me up in the small hours. It just seems to be one thing after another and does all year. I will be glad to see the back of 2019 and just hope that 2020 is better - though I don't really see why it should be :-(

What:            short and easy
    Why:             tired/tooth ache/sore throat
    Last hard:     seeing my pace continue to get slower
    Last rest:      8/12

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning,

Awful fires in Sydney.....no moaning from me overweather.

Chamolk welcome back a mad time of year.

What 5k Santa dash
    Why: Is the question/ because I get GF vegan Christmas cake afterwards
    Last hard I think today trying to run in a santa suit!!
    Lyrics ; Yes

Weather  is hailstone, winds and rain lovely jubbly :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • For information:
    https://www.fionaoutdoors.co.uk/2019/02/ericas-bid-to-break-ultra-running-world-record-on-400m-track.html

parkrun shortly, swim later
    Saturday
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics sounds familiar but no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh oh I feel your pain about this year, for me just the last quarter tbh. Hope your pain eases.  Yes life is busy roll on next week when it eases. 
    Mile+ done very tough. Back no worse for it. Given up on 1200 miles this year, plan was 1000 and I've smashed that
  • Thanks for that OH. I guess something delayed the attempt. Are you going to go and run with her some more?

I don't believe things will get any quieter for you Wabo - you'll fill the time with something!

hope your santa suit doesn't get too soggy Poppy and that the cake is nice.
  • Morning again!

Positive thoughts please, LMH!

What: Burnage parkrun. Couple of ks beforehand. Puddliest I have seen it for a long time  Breathing not right but wasn't flat out. About a minute slower than last time but the conditions contributed to some of that I imagine. 

Why: a quicker training run in company.

My original aim was for 2019k. After the back fracture that was never going to happen. Hope for 1000 miles, or 1609.xx k; am on 1474 so I doubt that that will happen either! Roll on 2020 in 2020!
  • Aw, LMH not toothache as well :( I've been more or less in constant pain why my dodgy tooth for the better part of a year. It's just awful. It seems better now with root canal treatment but it's still not quite right.

OH: amazing feat. I'm menopausal too but nothing could be further off my mind than doing a track ultra :D ... And I wouldn't touch HRT with a bargepole but every woman has to decide that for herself. I personally rather perspire a bit and accept that my energy levels (and running paces) drop.

Poor Aussies. Those bushfires are savage.

Hope your back is ok, wabo.

Enjoy the 🎅 dash poppy.

Held myself back at the party so didn't feel too rough this morning. Just a nasty headache. I'm such a lightweight. 8 mile purgatory plod in the rain to expel the headache. It worked :+1:
  • Afternoon.

Yesterday's lyrics were Snow by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Saw those smoke photos as well Ale and read some training comments on Strava. Sounds awful. Roll on 2020 as it means that C thing will be over and done with.

Hope the wedding was nice Wabo. Good that your run didn't upset your back.

Please try to relax LMH.  Had you been grinding your teeth maybe?

Not sure about that cake variant WP - how did it taste? Any pics of the suit?

Will have a look at the link OH thanks. Hope you had a good parkrun.

Good the run got rid of the headache Chicksta. That is a long time to be in pain with your tooth.

What: group training this morning. Warm up exercices, then jog about 1.5 miles up the hill, 3x hill fartlek with jog / walk backs, jog back to the meeting point and stretching. Windy and mild, most of yesterday's snow has melted.
    Why: Saturday, fun doing some training in company, pick up new ideas
    Last hard: ankle deep slush in places on my 11 miler yesterday
    Last rest: 09.12

Lyrics: no
  • Good that the snow has mostly melted Hazel - I hate it when it gets all compacted and slippery. I hadn't thought but it is quite possible that I've been grinding my teeth, I've been known to in the past and have TMJ and I noticed today that my neck and shoulders are very tense. Strange things is I don't know what I'm stressed about.
  • Lets just say Hazel next year i will wear my own costume! it was pretty flimsy belt broke when putting suit on trousers ripped and had to get them off at 2k.Lots of walkers holding me up and the invisible force that was the wind.But it was fun and the cake was delicious too small and handmade along with mince pie(too sweet):-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Love the pic WP, thanks!
  • I'm a grinder too, LMH. Do you have a mouth guard? My dentist told me that is not necessarily acute stress that causes gnashing. I'm always super stressed in December (work, not the C word) but my worst tooth ache came on in January.

Sounds fun, poppy. The costume does indeed look flimsy :)

Please keep the white stuff, Hazel ;)

• Nice pic Poppy.

I don't chicksta - my grinding is very infrequent these days.

Thinking about it I may have identified the source of my stress. Mark only has Xmas Day and Boxing Day off this year - but somehow it seems MiL expects us to be there on Xmas Eve (we were already going to take her to visit FiL when Mark gets home from work but now apparently we're having dinner there too); Xmas Day and Boxing Day. Then of course I can't leave her on her own on NYD so will have to either invite her here or take her out. I was there for over an hour on Friday afternoon, we are taking her out for dinner tomorrow, I am taking her to town on Tuesday and then to the supermarket on either Friday or next Monday. For some reason she is perfectly capable of getting on the bus or using taxis when I'm not around but there's a kind of learned helplessness/dependency if I am :-(
  • Evening!

Not the easiest thing to run in, WP; not sure how Santa manages. 

Hope you enjoyed parkrun, OH, and 499 went well RFJ!

Sounds like fun training, Hazel

I think you need to firmly say no, not today, to some of MIL's requests, LMH, or she will become more dependent on you. Am sure that she coped when you were in Florida. I'm sure you can say something like it will do you good to go on your own and it will give me a chance to get xyz ready etc.

Was surprised to hear today's song in a shop, given that it isn't a Christmas number, and everywhere else Christmas music seems to be blaring out.

• Feels good to be back running again. Managed 4 miles today, with a few farteks for fun (after my initial plan of doing a few hill repeats was sunk by a flooded road), and seem to have lost surprisingly little speed. I'll see how the longer runs go next week.

Enjoy the wedding Wabo

That sounds difficult LMH, unnecessary stress

Very festive WP, well done

Good runs everyone

Lyrics - no