Monday 27th January 2020 - Some boys kiss me

Morning.

Lyrics - Some boys kiss me

Good to hear that you are finding the counselling helpful and that running is going well RFJ.

What:             short and easy
Why:              work stops play - teaching starts today
Last hard:      still the dentist
Last rest:       26/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Yep - OH plays badminton LMH.  He's president of a local club that hold an annual night tournament.  I very rarely play as I am useless at any sort of raquet sports.  How is the tooth or rather lack of it today?

Nice you could get to the running show emzap.  Fingers crossed Lucas doesn't get your cold.

I'm fine now about yesterday's run Ale - what I do need to sort out though is dealing with it at the time of the run - yelling at myself that I am crap and useless isn't very helpful. 

That is good news RFJ.  Good luck with the appointments this week.

What: rest day - will go for a walk this afternoon
    Why: Monday and need to gently move my aching calf muscles
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • Morning!

Lyrics: familiar...so no

Hazel: many years ago a coach told me that when you are unfit to expect two out of three runs to be "poor"; when fit to expect on average two out of three runs to be decent. Helps a positive mind set as you can expect poorer runs and accept that runs below our expectations will happen.  

What: short run d&d on a bright winter's morning where the birds seem to think it is spring. 

Why: get it out the way. Back niggled of course. Found an old heat lamp yesterday which helped plus also used a heat patch as suggested by LMH; was hoping to sleep in it but in bold it says not to be slept in. And sleeping is when the back is at its worst.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    yesterdays lyrics, Days, Kinks version for me
    todays lyrics no

Alehouse thats funny about the birds, I have noticed them lately early evening as well! Glad you had your short run, not so about the back 
    Hazel, no way are you crap! Alehouse gives good advice.  Have a nice rest day
    lmh hope it is a good short and easy

what: little leg spinner this morning, something else later
    why: want to
    last hard: yesterday 8.5 lovely run
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • That's a decent run yesterday, Wabo! Something to build on!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Negative self talk is rarely helpful Hazel but difficult to stop once you've started.  Jaw and hole are settling thank you.

Nice running Wabo.

Disturbed sleep makes everything feel worse Alehouse. Deep Heat for night time?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    RFJ - all sounding positive!
    Wabo - sounds like yesterdays run was good
    Hazel - along similar lines to what Ale's coach has suggested, I was once told, and still advocate, is that never look at one run in isolation. Look to the long term trends. I find getting through a session that isn't going great as rewarding as one when I'm flying. It's the pererverance that pays off long term. Sadly more fall into the former category than the latter at the moment....
    Ahh the birds, always chirpy round my way, they looked on in disgust yesterday afternoon as all the feeders were empty. AND we were out of nuts, sunflower hearts and fat balls, they'll have to go and search out food like they're supposed to until I can get to the garden centre....

What - possibility of running
    Why  - I don't feel as bad as I did over the past 72 hours
    last rest - Fri/Sat/Sun
    last hard - getting up for work

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I think I may know the lyrics...

Thanks all the run was really nice and a mixture of road and trails. We are both training up for a 10 mile off road toughy on feb 8th.  Not one we are trying to break records, we will keep each other company, should be fun.  Orion Mercury if anyone has done it or heard of it
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Poor birds, Dustin ;)

We have a crow that usually steals the fatballs within minutes of us putting them out. It's sussed out the hidden places too. They're too damn smart.

RFJ: I admire you for dealing so well with your issues and staying positive. Not sure I could, so hats off and huge respect. Nice running too :+1:

Hazel: great advice from ale and others on here. What helps me usually is simply to run by effort rather than pace. If the pace is decent, great. If not, also great. At least you know you've worked in the correct zone and put the miles in. And MP on a muddy off-road course is bound to be slower than on a flat bit of tarmac, so no need to beat yourself up ;)

Hope work wasn't too bad today, LMH.

Good miles, wabo. Sounds like a fun event.

What: 10 miles,  wet and windy
    Why: recovery week
    Last hard: yesterday's unwilling legs
    Last rest: 3/1
    Lyrics: yes
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Virus didn't hit me too bad on Saturday luckily, but things were unfortunately compounded by working night shifts Saturday, Sunday and tonight, so haven't got out running since Saturday morning

Hope the mouth recovers LMH. 
    I quite like that thing your coach said Ale, I'm going to remember that I've. 

Lyrics - they sound familiar, but I cant quite place them
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Glad tooth is getting better lmh
    Hazel ditto what others have said
    Wabo sounds like a fun run. Hope oh is feeling better
    Rfj you are doing so well
    Ale what about a hot water bottle or is it a bit tricky to position?

What: 8 km at club. Was a hill session
    Why: I was told to
    Last hard: that was hard. And cold. And wet.
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good one all
  • Sounds a tough session, Emz! Am going to bed with a hot water bottle but it doesn't stay hot for long! Pain doesn't seem to come on until 3, 4 o'clock.