Sub 3

Comments

• selbsselbs ✭✭✭
    London 10km cancelled now to TR!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Not surprised selbs, race organisers have safety responsibilities. Im going to be sent a code for a rescheduled race, but i cant see it being free as costs will have been incurred even without a race. My sub80 eggs will all be in the fleet basket now, or will have to wait until Gosport in November.
  • So im looking for a dude who looks nowt like the only photo ive ever seen of him Jooligan :D Im sure i'll be able to track you down - I would say you will find me in the Wrexham aac top but it wont help you at this race!!(and I dont own one).

I go pescatarian next week. Wish me luck.
  • I've got zero chance of spotting you then Menn - unless your generic RW avatar is a spookily accurate portrait :D Here's a more recent pic.
    Easy 40 minutes along the canal in glorious sunshine at lunch today.
    XC tomorrow at Chepstow racecourse - you there Joolska?
  • Why have you decided to go pescatarian Mennania? 

Enjoy the cross country those of you mad enough to enjoy it.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Yes, Gwent for me. Although rather regretting that now it means I've got to do 19 tomorrow with Ciara for company...
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Got you jooligan👍🏻. I’ll track you down. What time you gunning for?

Purely to see if it helps recovery and energy during the last phases of this Mara training programme. Think there’s growing support for the idea that the process of digesting meat is harder on the body than plant based food and I get more GI disruption when I eat meat. However if I feel like I need meat at anytime I will go on feel and I’m not sweating it. I am going to continue with eggs. 
  • If you're pescatarian there's no need to even consider giving up eggs Mennania and some good oily, anti-inflammatory fish is a good call too. Treat yourself to one of Anita Bean's cookbooks - they really are good.

Joolska - there's no way I'll even be going out for a walk tomorrow if our forecast is correct. I'm hoping you have better weather.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Hey jools, Ozzy Osbourne has nicked your vest.

Menn - fair play to you, you are always up for trying new things.

20m here, bit of a trudge but not surprising given that brings up 92m for the week.

Weve been upgraded to amber for tomorrows storm, could be a breezy run.
  • Menn - That's reasonably close to one of my favourite movie lines there, Kirk Lazarus taken from Tropic Thunder "I know who I amI'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude.  
    Good luck at Chepstow Jools & Jools. 
    Nearly snap TR, 21 for me, with the last mile a slog up a 15% incline hill to home.  Slightly progress ive with first half generally c7.45 mm and the second c7.30mm.  72 for the week, rest day tomorrow seeing the big waves and now off to the pub to see the rugby. 
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    TR.. nice work today and top miles for the week too, what's planned for tomorrow apart from the usual dunking? 
    Hope the XC races went well for all today.  Jooligan.. I wouldn't be too paranoid about Ozzy nicking your vest.  :)
    Quickest Parkrun for 6 months this morning which was a pleasant surprise after a big week.  Set off too fast but managed to hang on grimly for 21:22.  Turned out to be a nice morning & not too breezy.  Added a few miles on to make 9m for the day.
    If the storm arrives as promised I will probably be on the treadie tomorrow looking at the weather outside.  :o
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    OO - i had ideas of matching yr 21m, but i struggled to 20m, so decided enough is enough.

Wardi - havnt looked yet, its usually a 6 and 5 double, which for me is anywhere between 6 and 10 depending upon how i feel. .. after that it'll be chasing slates and fence panels i guess. No doubt I'll be jealous of your treadie.
  • Nice Wardi. Well in OO and TR - i too brought forward tomorrow’s mlr - 20 bagged and I felt quite fluid for the second half. Nice to be reacquainted with my old friend numb legs at mile 18. 
  • Nice long runs there OO, TR.  Mine is scheduled for tomorrow morning which might be a mistake but this one 3 weeks out is just about time on feet rather than fast pace, so should be OK if a bit miserable!

I'd already decided that XC wasn't for me today, and after last weeks 10k junior insisted that I take him over to Dulwich to have a proper crack at a fast parkrun.  It was actually a shame that the XC meant a thinner field at the front, but after the first few got away I solo TT'd round the three laps in 17:16, equalling my quickest parkrun ever and first sub 18 since 2017.  Happy with that!  Junior also managed his quickest for a long while, so all good.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Nice running CD. I think staying on my feet would be doubtful with the wind we are forecast tomorrow never mind running. Hopefully it isn't going to be as bad where you are.

That doesn't sound great about the numb legs Mennania.

Just read your blog - congratulations Joolska - I'll start looking for my hat :-)
  • 31st at xc, although I was probably too cautious throughout. Definitely need some vo2 max work to sharpen me up and rediscover speed!

Ah, thanks, LMH (for non blog readers, Mr Joolski and I are civil partnering later this year). I'm afraid we're being dirt cheap and opting for the £57 weekday option. 4 guests max!
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Ooh many congratulations Jools, I hope it's a nice day for a white wedding!  Mind you if the cats are attending that surely only leaves room for two guests? :)  Good effort at the XC BTW.

CD.. great stuff to get so close to your Park run PB, nice one.  Good run from your lad too - there's a 16 yr old lad up here, son of our close friends who is clocking 18-18.30 most outings.  Good to see the teenagers realising a bit of talent.
    Menn.. nice 20 miler bagged and sensible to get it done today.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Well done Menn

Blimey CD  you are flying. Ou could have dipped at the line to bag a pb.

Congratulations Jools, thats a nice bit of news.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Pretty wild here, glad i didnt have to drive to Worthing let alone race.

P and D said 6+5, i did 12. Legs felt better than during ydays 20. Took a bit of a weather beating. Im sure it wont come in handy on vlm day.
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    That's a decent couple of days TR, no plans for a rain jacket after today's conditions?   I remember it did pour it down mid race at VLM 2008 - the year after a warm one!

18m done on the treadie, managed to rig up a stream of last year's Berlin marathon to help pass the time.  68m for the week. I can feel a Jalfrezi & a beer or two coming on later.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Wardi- it was mild though. If it rains i wear a Helly H base layer,  with another layer over it, (i put 2 over it today as the wind and rain was strong),but if its cold it will get through. I guess a jacket is on the "one day" list along with a gadget. Both of them i dont really need, but would be good on the odd occasion.....2008 was a soaking, it was my first mara, i wore towelling sports socks (as a numpty novice) and copped some trench foot........18m on a treadie deserves decent refreshing. ......its been 80mph down here, just had to tidy up the remnants of some fence panels and posts.
  • 19 outdoors for me. A bit grim but done and 61 for the week. Currently incapussitated on the sofa!
  • 21 done and dusted this morning.  It was a right hooley up on the downs so after 6 miles being blown sideways I ran down to the more sheltered areas in town.  Two layers and a rain jacket and they were all needed!
  • Double congratulations Joolska. Reckon you did the right thing at XC - several of the leading ladies were looking pained after the 1st lap & pretty sure positions shifted about a fair bit on the 2nd. It was a tough finish with a K into the wind and a bit of a climb right before kicking for home.
    Decent LRs chaps but chapeau has to go to Wardi for his 18M treadmill session.
    Not surprised you had such a cracking parkrun CD given your recent 10K time, felicitations.
    Not really sure about time Menn. The way I felt yesterday I'll be lucky to break 1:30 however I felt much stronger on today's 2hr hilly trail run in Ciara than I did last Sunday so who knows.
    XC should have been much better as the going was good to firm & it was a rolling course rather than brutally hilly however I got to about 6K & lost my legs - no power at all. Not seen the results yet so can't compare properly with the pre-xmas races this season but I know I beat one chap who I've been closing on all season but lost out to someone I would usually beat. Found out afterwards that today's race was cancelled which I had mixed feelings about.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    18m on a treadie Wardi, if I had a biscuit, you'd have it.   Good long runs team, character building. 
    Cracking PR CD, you've really hit a rich seam of form.  
    TR - Your schedule sure keeps you at it.   
    Rest day here, thank heavens, though tomorrow doesnt seem much better. Gonna embrace the full Ciara and go for a beach run. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Good work jools, treat yourself to a beer !

Well done CD, i bet the weather is a bit better at Tokyo.

Jools - you're a tough nut, a bit of weather wasnt stopping you.

OO - good luck with the beach run, the sea and the beach were on the prom and road here today....... If im tired i just do the minimum so would have just done the 5 or 6m of the 6 and 5 double quotef. Strangely my legs felt better today than during ydays 20, and i could have done another 20 today, but hadnt said i was going long so didnt want to cause worry given the weather.
  • I'll add my hats off to you all. I thought a few long runs would fall by the wayside today but everyone seems to be at it.

Treadmill running could be the best test of mental resolve? Well done Wardi.

Congrats Joolska! As someone in the midst of wedding planning, a small (and cheap) ceremony sounds great.

Great parkrun CD. Shaping up to be a quite a year. The guys at Tokyo better watch out!

Disappointing week this week. Only 40 miles and hardly any quality but i've only had 1 night at home and it was my fiancee's birthday so i'll put it down to life getting in the way. A reschedule of the P&D tonight to actually fit in with my life, and then we'll try to stick to it!
  • I've been meaning to say Jooligan, very envious of your fulsome hair, that 2 hour trail run sounds fun. 
    TR - Sounds like your in great shape at the mo, shame the race was cancelled, think you would have recorded a really good time.  You probably know the area for my run tomorrow, Polzeath, where I am going to see some wild waves  and then along the coastal path to Rock, a bit more sheltered and then back again and maybe again. 
    RJR - 40 miles is only a little on the light side but still decent.  It's always tricky trying to balance life with running when your trying to up the mileage.  
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    OO - i know it, sounds great. Better than my running round the lanes near work.

Joe - moving the days around to make it fit your life is the answer. It can be a juggle.
  • XC results are out. Despite feeling like it didn't go that well for me it appears I was slightly ahead of several rivals who've just beaten me in recent fixtures. Still probably 20s/mile slower than I would've been in previous seasons. Good news is we moved up to 2nd in Division 3, 520pts ahead of our nearest promotion rivals so looking promising with just one more fixture to go.