Persistent calf injuries

Hi
Depressed first-time poster. I have had persistent reoccurring injuries in both calves going back over 2 years now. It is the same spot that keeps getting injured, alternatively in both calves... Right in the middle of the calf where the soleus inserts into the <span>gastrocnemius.
I have had 30 - 40 physio sessions at this stage (with 2 different practices) and I recently underwent a 2 month rehab program with nightly exercises (calf raises, hopping on one leg etc).
On 2 occasions now, the same calf has torn, in the physios office, during the final standing jump tests that were supposed to be the final test before getting back on a running program. I really feel like I am at the end of the road. There is talk about maybe getting a MRI done but, other than probably showing scar tissue on both calves, I don't really see how that is going to benefit me. 
This post is kinda a last resort to see if anyone out there has been in a similar position and/or has any thoughts or ideas of what I could possibly try next. I really feel that I've exhausted the physio route.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am 48 years old but carrying no excess body fat. 
Many thanks 
James </span>

Best Answer

Answers