Dublin Marathon - 29th October 2007

1272273274275276278»

Comments

• Rob , the Thompson Brothers Stockport 10 is 9/12/07 www.stockportharriers.com
  • By the way, and this might have already been discussed, but did others feel the course was a bit long?  My garmin registered 26.75 miles, although I was crossing the roads a lot to try and keep in the shade!
  • Mmmmm Mary - I thought it was a bit long (only(26.45 tho), and blame that for not getting my GFA time lol.

My chip time was 3:15:11 - feckin' 11 seconds outside.  At my Garmin distance of 26.2 miles I clocked 3:13:32, so I know I should get a GFA time at my next one pmsl, ideally one with no hils lol.  Others I met also said it measured long on their Garmins.

I'm not bitter - honest image

• daz1927 hard luck I bet you were sprinting at the finish - I'll show my ignorance cos I'm only a rookie but what is or are GFA and pmslimage

Have to agree about the Garmin issue my G time was 3:46 ,  chip time 3:48 and finish time 3:49 ?image

I tried a kind of sprint with a glance at the clock and  was quite confused as to where the lost minutes had goneimage

• Daz, thats a bummer - 11 seconds!!!  You were def well inside the 3.15, I ran a mile or two near the end with some lads from Belfast who told me that one of their Garmins was showing a difference of about a third of a mile...my own quite unsensible strategy was not to look at my Garmin at all until I had finished!!  All the Garmins cant be wrong surely? ('Airplane' jokes welcome)

I assume GFA means Good For Age...but pmsl is a mystery to me too  image

• Yeh thanks for that maryhillmoose , thinking of conspiracy theory surrounding G and USA and Addidas - do you think someone was watching our readouts and wondering why the ruskie was winning lol
  • Evening all

I know Sue and Mouse said the course was long.  I only use a watch so wouldn't know.  

Good luck with GFA place at FLM Daz.

Hope you have recovered from travelling back with us girls!!! 

• Hello NR - Still thinking about flm but  I am committed to Blackpool on the 27/4 08 so only 2 weeks recovery and I really want a good time there , hey look at me talking /thinking finish times .

the beauty of running is that with hard work put in , one can actually see results , at least thats how it is for me .

But two maras in two weeks , not so sure may test it out with lsr ' s , come to think of it I did 6 x lsr,s before Dublin as well as 5 other runs in the week .

Need to think about logistics , family , finances etc , etc

• Don't worry about it MD.  Just go with whatever you fancy. FLM will be there the year after!
  • It's an AIMs certified marathon so I would be very surprised if it was signifigantly wrong on the distance.  Unless you run on the blue line from start to finish you'll never get a 26.2 mile run on a Garmin.

PMSL is pee'd myself laughing by the way! 

• Thanks amadeus, as I said I was ducking in and out of the shade a fair bit myself.  Not complaining bout that though, the sunny weather was definately better than the predicted rain/hail/snow/fog/etc given on some weather sites!  Perhaps part of the extra distance was trying to find somewhere discreet to pee in the Pheonix Park - you blokes have got it easy!!!
  • MD and Mary - yes I was sprinting at the finish, but que sera sera I guess.

Yes the PMSL and GFA are as explained.

Amadeus - I hear what you're saying, but there was no blue line to follow at all, otherwise I would have stuck to it all the way lol.

NR - Yes, I have recovered from the journey, it was my pleasure to travel back with you girls, very pleasant company (apart from making me blush with pop discussions pmsl).  See you soon!

• Shame you can't make it to the social in NOvember Daz. Are you doing the Slog?  Come along just for the meal if you like. There are loads of races coming up though so see you at one of them.

End of my week off. Work tomorrow.  Will I stay awake or slump over my computer as usual?!! 

• NR - Not doing Slog, did it last year.  Prob won't make meal either, a bit of a trek to Engerland for a bite to eat lol.

I know the Social is on  22 Nov, I will see if I can sort my schedule so I can make it.

• Great Daz

There are a few of us doing Pembrey too so no worriesimage

• DAZ,  if you were trying for GFA for Boston, you are allowed 59 seconds over the time stated.  So if the target is 3:15:00, then up to 3:15:59 would be acceptable.  I know someone who approached FLM with the same argument when she was about 40 seconds over the GFA and got in.  Nothing ventured...................
  • This post is very good thanks for sharing its very amazing post
    [url=https://tcavapor.com/]vape shop hawaii[/url]