Urgent help needed with my form & shin pain

<p>I began running on and off around 6 months ago. I got to a point where I could run 5k semi-easily but always struggled with shin splints. </p>
<p>I’ve recently started again and I’m massively struggling. I think my form is terrible and stomp a lot when I run. I feel like I stomp to support my shins when they begin to hurt. I’m 14.5 stone (used to weigh 19st) so I’m still very overweight (6ft2), and it’s absolutely breaking my shins. </p>
<p>I just can’t change my form. Some runs I will feel absolutely fantastic. I will feel so light on my feet and I have even managed to run for over an hour recently, but then on the next run my shins will ache almost instantly and I can’t carry on. When I get shin pain my heart rate goes through the roof and it’s so hard, however when I’m feeling fine it’s a breeze and my heart rate is lower. I don’t go very fast due to my weight. </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>It’s really starting to get me down now, I just don’t know what to do. I feel like my fitness would allow me to run a lot further and with more speed, but something to do with my form isn’t allowing it (stomping), but I don’t know how to fix it. </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Please can someone help? Fundamentally, something isn’t right. </p><div>
</div>

Comments