Friday 14th February 2020 - If we tell you that you've got two days to live

Morning.

Lyrics - If we tell you that you've got two days to live

Maybe for the best given the weather forecast OH though I'm sure you're both disappointed.

Mummy MOT sounds interesting emzap. Sorry to hear that Lucas is poorly, hope you and Mr e don't come down with it or at least not at the same time!

Last day of decent weather forecast for us today then the weekend is pants and it picks up at the beginning of next week but I am having a minor op on Tuesday which will limit running time and I've been told I'm not allowed to run on Wednesday so it's going to be another poor week's training. It's tempting to try for a MLR this morning as my knees feel ok after yesterday's LSR (though obviously I haven't been for my walk yet) but I shall be sensible and keep the distance down.

What:          short and easy
Why:           trying to preserve what I have
Last hard:   staying sound
Last rest:    11/2

Yesterday's lyrics - Come A Long Way - Simple Minds.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Probably an easy day.
    Head still achy and feeling a bit fragile.
    Last hard and last rest yesterday.
    Don't know lyrics.
  • Morning!

Sorry to hear of your woes, OH! Hope you recover quickly. 

And hope you are all soon better, Emz

What: short run

Why: Friday

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning - OH - ouch! Hope you're feeling a little less fuzzy today!
    Emz - MoT sounds interesting, hope you avoid the plague
    LmH - take it easy after yesterday's miles...
    What - steady lunchtime
    Why - spin the legs
    Last rest - 26/01
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - nope

Due to be windy this weekend - the Bramley 10/20 (nr Reading) cancelled as roads flooded and high winds forecast. Queue oubreak of runners moaning about no refunds (it's in the T&Cs) but 20% off next year. Most costs - as anyone that has organised a race will know - are borne upfront are not refundable. 
    Good job I hadn't enetered this year (Was running over and zigzagging the course, supporting some pals)

• Ouch OH.  Sorry about the cancelled weekend but seems that is for the best.

Get well soon family emzap.

Ditto WP.

Dustin - shame about the cancellations but fully understandable.  Makes it worth reading the T&Cs rather than just clicking the box to accept them I guess. 

Annoying regarding the forecast LMH considering your restrictions next week.  I left my OMM jacket on a train recently.. :/ Didn't turn up at lost property.

I wish I could get up in the mornings like you Chicksta - it is a good feeling to know a run is d & d before the daily grind starts. 

What: 5 miler planned later
    Why: why not
    Last hard: drenching yesterday evening - thunderstorm moved in a few minutes from home.  Big gusts whilst I was in the middle of the wood - bit scary
    Last rest: 10.02.

Lyrics: no
  • I did Dustin.

That's a pain about your jacket Hazel.

Hope you feel brighter soon OH.

Enjoy your run Alehouse - have you finished the marking now?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all - might be afternoon when I am finished
    OH poor you!
    Emzap poor luca - hope you don't all come down with it and I hope the mot was useful
    hazel what a pain about your jacket! Have a good 5 miler
    dustin, I bet a lot will be cancelled this weekend, enjoy the steady 
    alehouse enjoy your short run
    lmh have a nice short run
    what: 4 miles later
    why: I want to
    last hard: last night 3 miles
    last rest: 31/12/16

Our weekend away is cancelled, not worth it with the weather that is coming in, especially to be able to drive back safely
    So I will park run tomorrow and maybe a longer run Sunday
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • OH: Ouch, that sounds scary. Never heard of it so had to google. 

Looks like a lot of cancellations are going on this weekend. Forecast here is the same. I'm sort of glad I feel shite :)  it's much harder to bear when the weather is good.

Hazel: Oh no! That's so annoying. Nice things never turn up at lost&found ... 

LMH: Good to hear your knees are fine after a long run :+1: 

Another short and easy jog on the TM for me plus more s&c. I shall have abs of steel when the lurgy subsides ;)
  • Sorry to hear you aren't going to get your weekend away Wabo..

I agree chicksta - always better to not feel up to running when the weather is foul.
  • Sorry to hear about the cancellations and injuries/illnesses. Hope your head recovers OH - could it have been a postural drop rather than micturation induced?

Did you get many miles done today LMH? Hope the knee behaved

We had some local flooding yesterday, even though the rain had stopped a day or two before, I think it was just the snow melting on the hills.

Got a few easy miles done earlier today, was dry and surprisingly mild. Approx 18 miles tomorrow morning, to include parkrun near the end, may be a different story, depending when the next storm arrives.

Lyrics - no. Haven't known any for ages now
  • I ran 10 today chamolk. Is the storm due to hit you later? Our weather is looking pretty foul from 0800hrs tomorrow morning until Tuesday morning :-(
  • About 7am unfortunately, and have my run planned for 07:45 - we'll see how it goes. Only bad until tomorrow evening supposedly, then dry again by Sunday morning. 
  • Well done on the 10 miles BTW
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Just more walking here again. All still a bit poorly so taking it easy.

Hoping to get to parkrun tomorrow as it's 400th at arrow valley.

Happy Friday
  • Evening!

Did you catch the exciting cricket Emz?

Finished the marking this morning and the analysis thereof, LMH. And handed it in.

Hope Dennis let's you get the long run in Chamolk! 

Possible parkrun at an easy pace, although it will be weather dependent, also.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.