Removing Counterfeit Money Posts - You Have The Power!

Hey folks, on another thread recently we discovered that if 5 of us do this to a comment in a post the comment evaporates into thin air:-

Click on the Flag symbol in the bottom of the comment, then click spam - will be interesting to see if the whole thread disappears if that is the only comment in it :)

Comments

• Unfortunately quite a few spammers about at the moment...
  • YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    1owrez said:

Click on the Flag symbol in the bottom of the comment, then click spam - will be interesting to see if the whole thread disappears if that is the only comment in it :)

+1
    They've evolved to be able to negotiate the 10 posts before you start a thread constraint. Must be spamming for search engine 'hits', I mean, the running community is hardly a hubbub for counterfeit cash and dodgy CCV codes! It could explain Steve Cram's super yacht and Koenigsegg though :D
    If it's such a lucrative sideline, why are they telling others?! Kinda like betting tipsters - if they really are dead-certs, they'd keep them to themselves.
    Bah humbug 11 months too early!
  • SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I just became the 5th to report a thread as spam and got a message up from RW saying thread had been removed for moderation...success. :)  and it's disappeared
  • So this thread has now revealed why I can't post a new thread! (I'm not a spammer, but have a query, and this will be my 3rd post). I'll try and find a loosely relevant post I can respond in instead!
  • 1owrez1owrez ✭✭✭
    Hi Sam - if you look in your profile it'll tell you how many spam clicks have been registered against you... You have zero, so your disappearing threads can't be down to that.
  • Sambee - yeah, you just need to make ten comments then you'll be able to start your own new thread. Bit of a nuisance for genuine folk, designed to stop spammers, but as we've seen, they get round it.

I keep flagging them, but didn't know about the 5 reports thing - I'll get flagging with renewed vigour now
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Thanks for finding this out, flagging often!