Thursday 27th Feb 2020 - Finding your way in the dark Ain't so hard when you're close to my heart

Finding your way in the dark
Ain't so hard when you're close to my heart

What: just walking
Why: what I'm doing at the mo mostly
Last hard: another Lucas eczema flare up(and mine, stress brings mine on!)

Must read back, sorry I've been so awol!

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Again and Again by Keane.

Good to see you emzap. Sorry to hear that you're still unwell. Hope you are both better soon.

Cold and damp here. Hoping it dries up and that my knee will allow a run then I can go and see if the flooding has subsided sufficiently for me to run my usual routes.

What:           hopefully some easy miles
    Why:            London calling
    Last hard:    needing so many non running days
    Last rest:     26/2

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Good to see you, Emz! Hope you and Lucas are in good health soon!

Forecast has just said to expect ten more days of precipitation! I do hope that that is wrong!

What: run/fitness suite

Why: Thursday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Sorry you and Lucas are still sttruggling Emz, 
    LmH/Ale - sounds like the alternate longer runs may be the way forward. I know it's mentally challenging to think in anything less than optimum performance terms, but sometimes you have to go with what you have. 
    I'm still sure you'll do a time many of us would be envious of!

what - Under 11s, some easy miles
    why - Thursday
    last rest - 10 days
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - nope
  • Morning

Good to see you emzap - hope the health situation improves soon for both you and Lucas.

You have simple training paces for on the go maths indeed Ale.

I recently prowled around a reduced Fenix 5S Chicksta but decided against it and for the Coros.  I guess with the Garmins you are more likely to read bad reviews than for other makes simply due to the number of watches being used out there.

Nice reps yesterday Dustin

Good you are not stressed out about the Big Half Wabo.

Enjoy the cinema this evening OH.  What are you going to see?

Hope the rest day was good for the knee and you get in a halfway dry run LMH. 

I would certainly like to be able to run LMH's race times (even those she might consider a sub-performance). 
    But somehow she's far enough ahead of me that I'm not envious as such.  I do tend to watch people in my own performance bracket and not being a spring chicken anymore, in my own age group - if they suddenly start to improve then I worry about what I'm not doing that they are. 

What: short recovery
    Why: nasty LT session tomorrow and high mileage week with LRs at both ends so a short recovery seems sensible
    Last hard: getting across roads in yesterday's rush hour
    Last rest: 25.02.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    emzap poor you and Lucas, its not nice when it flares up like that!
    LMH fingers crossed for your run 
    alehouse this rain I feel so sorry for people getting flooded, visited Ironbridge and can't stop checking the news!! Enjoy your run and FS
    dustin enjoy the easy

what: tai chi done second day this week, 3 miles later
    why: its all I need to do
    last hard; 4.6 with mate last night
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • It's all relative Hazel (I'll be 53 for this year's VLM - assuming it goes ahead).

Dustin - I'd settle for a comfortable completion at the minute but would really like to at least go sub 3 again.

I'm not sure whether more rain would be better or worse than the snow they are threatening us with Alehouse.

Are you feeling a bit better about the half now Wabo?

It had dried up by the time I set off for my run and it was bright but cold. Wind picked up as I went which wasn't helpful. My right knee gave me a bit of a fright just after 8 miles when I had a sharp pain for the three strides it took me to stop and it felt as though it were going to give way again but a rub and a stretch sorted it out. Left knee just grumbled at a 2 or 3/10 the whole way round. Hoping they will both settle and allow for another run tomorrow.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Aha LMH I get it now.  When I said I am not stressed about the half I genuinely meant I am not stressed! Maybe you read it as sarcastic? I don't know why but I feel good about it. Scary moment with the knee, thankfully it responded to the run and stretch 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    or to make more sense, I might be stressed if I thought about what miles I have done leading up to a half  :smile:

• I think I read 'I'm stressed about the half' Wabo so my mistake!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo flooding is awful. I'm in Worcester today and so much of the city is shut.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    phew lmh, good.  I will carry on not being stressed lol!
    Emzap it does look devastating, I cannot imagine how I would feel!
  • The flooding was just getting better here but we are forecast heavy rain just about all of tomorrow - and then of course the high winds are due to return on Saturday <<sigh>>
  • Rest day for me after surgery this morning. Slushy wet snow here.

Entered 'Coniston 14' on 21st (if we're still permitted to travel by then);
  • Speedy recovery OH

No run today for me, hopefully get out tomorrow morning

Lyrics no