Thursday, 5th March 2020 - One of these days the ground will drop out from beneath your feet

Morning :)

Lyrics: One of these days the ground will drop out from beneath your feet

Good to heat Donaldo is ok, Ale.

Great run, chamolk. I need a strong tailwind and a steep downhill to hit a 6:25 :D

Right,  let's see what these legs are up to :)

Comments

• Morning.

Hope your calf is ok today chamolk.

Enjoy your run chicksta.

Heavy rain forecast for this morning. Not sure if my knee is going to allow a run but it may not be much fun if it does. Physio this afternoon, hoping for a miracle.

What:             something or nothing/physio
    Why:              see above
    Last hard:      training this winter has been hard
    Last rest:       4/3

Lyrics - no but apt.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were Golden Years, David Bowie.

What: probably a short run and fitness suite this evening

Why: working
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    good to hear Don is doing well,
    Nice repping chamolk
    Value for money at least Wabo...

What - easy run , U 11 coaching
    Why - Thursday
    Last rest - few weeks
    last hard - Tuedsays double
    lyric - seem familiar...
  • Morning

LMH: Ihope the knees behaved for you to run.

What: 6 miles easy
    Why: Because I can
    last hard : Back
    Lyrics Maybe

Another early run out at 5.45my body is getting back into the early routine again cold crisp morning perfect.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning

Speedy stuff chamolk.  Looking briefly at my logs of the last couple of years I've done one mile at that pace and it was downhill at the end of a race.  A couple of disadvantages with badminton I see are the injury risk and the fact it is an indoor sport - nice in bad weather but if it is nice or even hot I think outside is better.  My OH plays a lot but I'm crap at any raquet sports (I blame my wonky elbows).

Weather + knee = good reason for a day off LMH?  Good luck at the physio.

Enjoy the coaching Dustin.

Good you are feelng better Wabo.

9 hours sleep would be nice WP.  5:50am is sleep time for me not run time!  Well done for getting out.

What were the legs up to then Chicksta?  Next track is about 10 mins drive away but I'm not sure about the access rules.  It seems pretty much open to all via a gate rather than a hole in the fence but I can't be arsed to make the effort to go there for a session and be chased off.  Should probably just try it out.  The few times I was on a track I was bored in five minutes but if I was doing intervals maybe I would have something to concentrate on.  Good you had a good night's sleep and have recovered from the jabs.

Hope work allows your plans Ale.

What: can't remember - think an MLR but need to look at plan (on other laptop)
    Why: might as well keep going for now
    Last hard: intervals
    Last rest: 02.03.

Lyrics: familiar
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Hazel - I've heard a few people say that they find the track boring, but I've never found it too bad, even when I've done ten miles purely on the track. I'm not sure if I find the speedwork distracts me from the monotony or what it is. The surface is meant to be a bit more forgiving on the knees than tarmac, and I try to do laps the opposite direction at times so as not to stress one knee too much.

I suppose there is an injury risk with a racquet sport, maybe I'll leave it until after Paris. I'd been thinking it might help protect against injury by practicing some side to side movements.

LMH - yeah, calf feels OK today, thank . Hope the physio helps late , or at least can give you something to do that will start to help

WP - runs that time of the morning aren't for me either, fast asleep as long as its not one of the boys waking me up

Enjoy the runs Ale and Dustin. Chick, hope the legs were /are ok

Lyrics no

What - hopefully 5-6 miles mostly at around marathon pace
    Why - think I need to move my long run to tomorrow so it's intended to tire the legs out a bit before the long run
    Last hard - last night was hard enough
    Last rest 28/2
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Another 11 miles done - slower than yesterday despite picking a flat route but I do blame the accumulated fatigue. I did feel fine and could have gone on but I ran out of time as my pace was so atrocious ;)

LMH: Fingers crossed the physio can magic the knees better.

What plan are you following, chamolk?

I'm with poppy - I like to be out on the roads around 5am. Nice and quiet then. 

What does the plan say for today, Hazel

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    chamolk - unfortunately the physio can't actually solve my knee issues but generally loosening everything else off seems to help the pain in the short term at least.

Hazel - I had a day off yesterday! Definitely keep going for now, it's all miles in the bank.

Enjoy the easy Dustin.

Glad you are able to get back to your usual routine Poppy.

Oh for a magic wand chicksta.

Knees said yes to a run today and the rain stayed away - bonus.

More good news - FiL is finally on his way back to the care home today having been admitted to hospital for 24hrs observation on the 25th November.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Just my own plan Chick, based on what I've read and what's worked or not worked before. 

Did a warm up mile today followed by 4 miles at 7:50. Not sure yet that'll be my MP, I'll decide after a few more long runs with some sections around that pace .

Hearing rumours the paris marathon will be postponed to October. Rome marathon was canceled earlier today, it was due the week before Paris. Things up in the air a bit at the minute. 

LMH - at least it helps, glad you got a dry run done too. Good news about the FiL, that was a long 24 hours
  • Sounds like a good day indeed LMH. Great news about FIL.

What would your view be on postponement Chamolk? Is it a viable option for you? Good idea to try out your MP.  What feels tough in training could feel easy in the race but also vice versa.

Well done on the miles Chicksta.

'fraid I wimped out of the MLR as it has chucked it down all day.  Just a four mile recovery. The local fields are swamped again but flooding unlikely. Was treated to the sight of a starling murmuration I think it is called. Fairly small flock but still impressive how the individual birds  coordinated their flight.
  • Rome and Paris both 'postponed'.

I was able to run one of my regular routes for the first time in weeks this morning Hazel thanks to a few dry days. Hope you don't get more flooding. Sensible to swap sessions round.
  • Just a swim (1360m to go ... for Polar Bear Challenge)
    legs need a rest from running
    nice but chilly day here

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Paris now due to be 7 days before the Dublin marathon.

Fights and hotel for Paris non refundable, so my wife and I will probably go anyway for a weekend away. 

Not sure what I'll do about the marathons yet. Or how I'll motivate myself at 7am tomorrow for a long run