Options

Paris Marathon 2020

Comments

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    I don't suppose there's a lot they can say at the moment. 
    As it stands, the six nations game in Paris is due to go ahead this weekend, which is interesting.
    Still keeping everything crossed 🙂
  • Options
    Munchkin2Munchkin2 ✭✭✭
    If it goes ahead I am in for Paris. Will be in Pink as usual!!! One day I will get faster  :#

Will be wondering around Paris the day before on my own as my partner in crime doesn't get to Paris until late on the Saturday so I may be up for the pre-race meal too...
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Munchkin2

Preferentials 
    Buzz2
    Red Pen  3:00 - 3:15
    Jimbob - 3886
    bugler85 - 6776
    Yellow Pen 3:15 - 3:30
    Dirty Leeds Rob
    Dom Norrish - 10102
    chamolk - 10965
    Blue Pen 3:30 - 3:45
    Eggyh73 - 19915
    jxmitchell - 19772
    Purple Pen 3:45 - 4:00
    Yer Maj  - 29321
    Nells - 29136
    wheatism - 33823
    Pistol101 - 34020
    KeyserSuze
    phronesis - 39179
    PT_71 - 49357
    GLit74 
    Stuchbury 
    Bandito27 - 33931
    Green Pen 4:00 - 4:15
    Radar Sal
    Kirsten B - 29329
    Robbo1983
    Running Rodent
    Grey Pen 4:15 - 4:30
    Orbutt - 62399
    Ahlovethecake
    Pink Pen 4:30 and over
    maccazz
    NatMac - 71283
    munchkin2
  • Options
    I suspect that if called off, it'll be a preventative measure - and to avoid damage control at pandemic stage, which makes sense but would still be a disappointing outcome.
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I keep swinging between acceptance that its bound to be cancelled and blind hope that, with other events going ahead, it will be given the thumbs up.
  • Options
    Orbutt me too - either way, I just want to know where I stand 🤔
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    I’m like that too.

Although I’m struggling with the rational they’re applying about cancelling the likes of the half marathon last weekend, but are planning to have a stadium full of rugby fans this weekend! 
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Sure if it's canceled we could have a forum meet up and do our own run. And spread our germs to each other
  • Options
    Chamolk - absolutely. I think there will be quite a few of us going anyway, so I’m sure we can fit in an unofficial jog. 
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    I hope no one had their flights to Paris booked with Flybe
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    I deliberately avoided them, as they've been in trouble for a while - and their hand luggage sizes were smaller.
    They were quite cheap, though, so I'm sure quite a few will have booked them.
    Mind you, if the race gets cancelled at least they wont lose as much as others 🙂
  • Options
    Munchkin2Munchkin2 ✭✭✭
    Nope, I booked with Eurostar. I like being able to jump on a train and just sit all the way. Have been checking. My accommodation can be cancelled if I give a weeks notice and my train can be changed for a £30 fee. I would rather the marathon happened though. Where else can you spend the day before eating your way through amazing patisserie then burn off the calories???
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    We are hearing through the grapevine, that an exhibitor at the expo has been advised that the marathon is being moved to October - possibly 18th.
    Details apparently coming in the next 24 hours.
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Rome marathon cancelled 
  • Options
    PT71PT71 ✭✭✭
    > @Orbutt said:
    > We are hearing through the grapevine, that an exhibitor at the expo has been advised that the marathon is being moved to October - possibly 18th.
    > Details apparently coming in the next 24 hours.

a good source?
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Pretty good. Moves in exhibitor circles.
    The Rome marathon have been really decent about their cancellation.
    Guaranteed entry, next year,at no additional cost. Finishers will receive both 2020 & 2021 medals.
  • Options
    PT71PT71 ✭✭✭
    That is very decent of them
  • Options
    Such a classy, heartfelt statement from the organisers too. A great example of how to share sad news.
    https://www.facebook.com/runromethemarathon/
  • Options
    chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Rome cancellation statement is pretty decent. Guaranteed entry next year is good, both medals next year is good (they might as well I suppose, as they'll already have all the 2020 medals made).

If paris is moved to 18th Oct it causes me a bit of an issue, as I've got the Dublin marathon the following weekend. I'll wait to hear what Paris offers, then decide. Still got a place for London this year that I was going to defer to next year, so no idea what way to organise things currently 
  • Options
    Munchkin2Munchkin2 ✭✭✭
    Interesting article on the BBC which is worth bearing in mind if it is cancelled...

"Using a credit card to buy something costing between £100 and £30,000 means you are legally entitled to a refund if you do not get what you were promised.

Even if the ticket is worth less than £100, or a debit card was used instead, there is still the chance of getting a refund under the chargeback scheme. This is used to reverse the transaction."

The Rome announcement was very very well written. Shame they had to do it though.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    chamolk - I've got a place in London too. 
    I'm still hoping to run it but who knows?
  • Options
    Le Parisien reports the marathon is postponed: http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/coronavirus-le-marathon-de-paris-reporte-a-une-date-ulterieure-05-03-2020-8273493.php

It says ASO will make the official announcement tomorrow (Friday).
  • Options
    If postponed to Oct, I can transfer my flights & accommodation. A good outcome!
  • Options
    Don't often visit the forums but I was also suppose to be doing Paris with my partner..... I'm still hoping to do the Paris Park Run on Saturday. Always thought it might have been a little ambitious to do both so now have no excuse. 
  • Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum triathlonlad.
    I love your positive outlook.
  • Options
    phronesisphronesis ✭✭✭
    They've announced this on Facebook. 

The Harmonie Mutuelle Semi de Paris 2020 and the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris have both been moved to Sunday 6th September and the 18th October respectively.

Immediately after the cancellation of the Harmonie Mutuelle Semi de Paris 48 hours before the start, the teams from the Mairie de Paris and the Amaury Sport Organisation came together to find a new date for the event. We are pleased to announce that the Harmonie Mutuelle Semi de Paris 2020 will take place on Sunday 6th September.

Regarding the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris, we have reached an agreement with the Mairie de Paris to move the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris to the 18th October with the aim of avoiding any last-minute cancellation. The practical changes concerning these two events will be communicated to the competitors shortly.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭
    Boo. I can't make it on October 18th 😒
  • Options
    Boo hoo indeed. It’s school holidays so I’m probably out too ☹️
    I’ll never train this hard through winter again either! Think I’ll be sticking to Autumn marathons from now on....
  • Options
    Oh no Orbutt!! You must be gutted. That's not good.
    It's been a sleepless night monitoring various media websites etc, but at least a decision has been made. My brother who lives in France has a birthday late Oct, so will be able to celebrate with him in Puy L'Eveque post-marathon 😊