Friday 6th March 2020 - Mercury falling I rise from my bed,

Morning.

Lyrics - Mercury falling I rise from my bed,

You may as well go and enjoy a weekend away chamolk. As for the early run today - if you don't want to then give yourself a day off. At least the decision is made and it takes the pressure off. Will you go for the double later in the year or just do Dublin?

Cold here this morning with a heavy frost but it's dry and still. Despite the painful attention of my physio yesterday I don't think my knee is going to allow a run though I shall hope for improvement on my walk. My back feels much better though.

What:            probably nothing
Why:             see above
Last hard:     managing my knees/not knowing whether I need to be
Last rest:      4/3
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no, but familiar

Sorry to hear about Paris, Chamolk

What: short run

Why: work/Friday/ran hard yesterday

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Can't be helped, these things happen. Not sure I could manage two marathons 7 days apart LMH - I'd been hoping to try for a pb in Dublin, if I did two that close together I'd simply be trying to finish, rather than race.

Waiting for the email to see what they say /offer. Going to go out running shortly, though not convinced I'll still do 20 miles
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Yeah heard about Paris, I guess calling it this early is a good thing. A few I know are switching Paris for Taunton or Southampton rather than "waste" that training!
    Waiting for London to be cancelled now.
    LmH - that's great news about FiL
    Chamolk / Chick - love the track but mainly only for sessions. I don't use it for marathon training, the thought of 5k round and round as threshold / steady is a test in itself. Reps on the other hand, when I'm training for shorter distances, there is no better place. 
    What - hopefully an hour lunchtime
    Why - mileage
    Last Rest - few weeks ago
    Last hard - Run wise it was Tuesday although last night was brutal: driving rain, non stop across the track while the kids did 400 reps. Coaching that was harder than running round the fields in it beforehand.
  • I'm expecting it too Dustin and would rather they made the call early. Not sure how many of the races that people are lining up as alternatives will happen.

chamolk - you could always run Paris for a time and Dublin for fun with a good summer of training behind you.

Enjoy Alehouse. It's a lovely morning for it here but my knee said no.
  • Morning

Good you already know what the situation is chamolk.  2 maras in 7 days with a PB attempt sounds like something I wouldn't try personally but I guess some can do it.  Hope you had a nice run this morning.

Well done to both you and the kids for training in those conditions Dustin. 

Sorry you can't get out for a run today LMH.

Enjoy your short run Ale.

What: Yesterday's MLR today
    Why: need the distraction
    Last hard: Knowing what to do about Hamburg - I still haven't booked accomodation and they say it will go ahead.  I'm not at all convinced and could really do without the extra expense or the idea of a city trip on my own if the mara does get canned (in particular last-minute) .  No alternatives here to at least run something - all races will likely be cancelled according to current rules.
    Last rest: 02.03.

Lyrics: no

• Morning

Chamolk: Sorry to hear about Paris but glad they made the call early unlike the Paris half which was called off the day before!!I would not fancy 2 marathons 7 days apart you are there to race and Dublin sounds perfect foryour PB attempt.I hope they offer you a refund or defer till next year?

What:6 miles at 5.30am
    Why: It is what I like 
    last hard: Back
    Lyrics: unusually a yes:-)

I finally feel I am back to normal no more 12 hour sleeps it has taken 8 weeks to shift it. This week will more than likely equal my best mileage for a week this year!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Still waiting for the official email to see what is offered. 

Managed to get out and do my long run this morning - 20 miles in 2:42:58.
    5 miles easy
    5 miles @ 8:20
    5 miles dropping from 8 to 7:30
    3 miles fast (7:13, 7:19, 6:50)
    2 miles easy

Probably my best ever long run to be honest. Now I just need to find somewhere to make use of it 😂
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hazel: just such rotten timing that I'm in South Africa when you're in Hamburg otherwise you could have stayed at ours, i. e. no need to book accommodation. The way this corona stuff is portrayed in German media I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the event though. It's insane. All supermarkets have run out of rice, pasta and  ... wait for it ... loo paper  :#

Who knows, we may not even get to South Africa if they do what Israel did: Ban Germans from entering the country (allegedly because the first European corona case was in Munich). Crazy times.

Great news, poppy. Hope it lasts. You've had a bit of a rough deal lately with the lurgy. 

Bet the kids loved splashing around on a rainy track, Dustin. Don't think I could do LT sessions on it - I just liked it for reps. I followed Daniels at the time, so there was plenty of R-pace stuff to do. 

Chamolk: Nothing we can do about it really and good that Paris made the call early. Did you manage a long run in the end?

LMH: Great news about FiL. Sorry the knees aren't playing ball though. 

What: 8 miles running up and down a 1k hill
    Why: more hillwork required
    Last hard: not knowing if it's worthwhile
    Last rest: Tuesday
    Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were One of these days, Foo Fighters
  • Short run (5k) and swim (360m)
    Edging closer to final March 3000m for Polar Bear Challenge - 900m to go ...
    Hard is knowing how to plan over next few months with eldest daughter's wedding roads I to the mix.
    Nice bright calm day here with a bit of frost earlier.
  • Nice long run chamolk - try to enjoy the fact that you nailed it rather than worrying about exactly when it will come in handy.

chicksta - did you see that SA declared its first cases yesterday? How long until your race?

When is the wedding OH?

Hope you had a good MLR Hazel.
  • Road I = added (in earlier post)
    wedding is on Friday 10 (Good Friday)

• Not long at all then OH - exciting - I hope that their wedding plans don't have to be changed.