Saturday, 7th March 2020 - I'll sing it one last time for you

Morning all

Lyrics: I'll sing it one last time for you

LMH: Yes, I read about the first case in SA and I'm even more worried now that we'll end up with a very expensive non-trip ...

OH: that's a lot of time in rather cold water ;)  hope the wedding plans aren't affected.

What: something long and hilly
Why: still not given up hope
Last hard: trying not to worry
Last rest: Tuesday

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Hounds Of Winter by Sting.

Definitely don't give up hope chicksta. Would you go for the holiday anyway if the race were to be cancelled? Hope you've had a good run.

I shall be going to do the weekly shop shortly, hoping there hasn't been any panic buying or hoarding leaving empty shelves - one thing that struck me - what do all these people panic buying soap wash their hands with usually? It's not something I need to go and buy specially................

What:            hopefully short and easy
    Why:             I feel better when I run
    Last hard:     not knowing if the knee will allow it
    Last rest:      6/3

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: gentle parkrun

Why: legs are a bit niggly. And we have icy rain which puts me off running hard anyway!

Hope Emz and Wabo are ok: not seen for a while.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Barcode scanning (it's raining hard out there.)
    Duty calls and lots of folk away at Inverness Half.
    Might be a more restful day today.
    Lots of hards at moment, but run,swim and yoga yesterday (followed by pub quiz)
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: easy parkrun plus a short warm up

Why: took it easy as a hamstring is niggly. Paced a friend round who has been struggling to break 30; we were under 26 and a half. Over 70 he still sets off as if he were half that age. Managed to control him today!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Impressive over 70, ale. Well paced.

Nice volunteering, OH. I feel a bit guilty choosing my training over parkrun but needs must.

LMH: We'd definitely go. Not running isn't the be-all and end-all. I'm more concerned about travel restrictions being put in place so that we could end up with a force majeure case.

4 hour (actually 3:59) time on feet run done on the trails. Bumpy ride with some mean hills. Covered roughly 25.5 miles. Stopped by my car every 5 miles to take on some food. Also wanted to get the legs used to running again after a stop. Weird at first but got the hang of it as the run progressed. Not keen on a repeat anytime soon though. This was the longest training run I've ever done.
  • Well run chicksta. At least your travel insurance would cover you if restrictions were imposed. Are there currently a mass participation ban in Germany?

Nice running by both of you Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Excellent, Chick!

The guy I paced was running 23: xx six months ago and has been injured, so lots more to come from him if he can get a solid block of training in. To put it into context  another of my M70 friends ran 20:03 last month and fully expects to go sub 20 when conditions are better.

And Barcelona marathon is off.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    LMH - I know what you mean, we usually have a few spare soaps at home, no idea why people feel they need to suddenly buy dozens of them . Or toilet roll.

Ale - those are some pretty speedy M70s

Great long run Chick, how did you feel after ?

Hope you've dried out OH. Has the head wound healed OK BTW?

Lyrics - no, but seem vaguely familiar

Rested today - was tempted to do a few easy miles earlier, but resisted the urge. Will probably go out in the morning which will give me my biggest mileage week ever