Sunday 8th March 2020 - I ain't got Nothing to be scared of,

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
I ain't got
Nothing to be scared of,

What: still not got the go-ahead to run more than a very minimal amount
Why: pelvic and glut problems
Last hard: well I'm up now! We are in a&e with Lucas.

Sorry for being awol we have had illness after illness here

Comments

• Morning.

Oh no emzap - what's wrong with Lucas? Sorry to hear that you're still not 100%.

Enjoy your run today chamolk - wet and windy here, I'm hoping it will improve.

What:         hopefully a LSR
    Why:          carrying on in case
    Last hard:  not knowing if London is going ahead
    Last rest:   6/3

Lyrics - no. 
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Oh dear Emz! Hope Lucas is ok! And do you have exercises for your glutes etc?

What: short run, longer stretch

Why: working round a niggly hamstring/Sunday routine

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

All the best for family emzap.

Have a good LSR LMH.

Well done on the mileage chamolk.

Great running yesterday chicksta.

Nice of you to pace your friend Ale.

Have a nice Sunday all

What: LSR for me too. Not sure if I will put in some MP miles yet. Will see how I feel
    Why: mara not yet cancelled
    Last hard: motivation nonetheless
    Last rest: 02.03.

• Unfortunately my knee is not as good as I expected it to be having only had a short run yesterday so I don't think a LSR is going to happen. It feels a little better for a long walk so once I've had another coffee I shall get changed, head out and see how it goes.

Enjoy the LSR Hazel.

How is your back now Alehouse?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Back just about ok, I believe, LMH; currently sitting on two spiky balls for my niggly right hamstring! Hope your knees allow play!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    So after a bit of a rough night in a&e (luckily Worcester has a children's a&e waiting room so we didn't have to sit with the Saturday night drunks), we are now in the children's ward with Lucas with a cannula in his hand and 48 hours of antibiotics and antivirals to look forward to. 

Ale I have some exercises but think I need more. Need to YouTube it but other things have got in the way (see above!).

Hope your knee isn't too niggly lmh.

Chick have you heard any more about your trip?

Hazel enjoy your lsr. Do a few miles for me please.

Have a great day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Morning again! 

Yes, I can see other things have got in the way, Emz! Will you and Lucas be staying in for a couple of days? Hope all goes well with him.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: Hope your knees change their mind and let you run long.

Chamolk: I felt I should have done the extra 0.7 :D just kidding. Legs are good today which is just as well as I have another MLR to do.
    Just waiting for it to warm up a bit more.

Spiky balls rule, ale.

Oh no, em :o what's wrong with Luke? Fingers crossed everything settles for you and your family.

Hope your LSR goes well, Hazel.

Statement on Two Oceans website says it'll go ahead 🤞🤞🤞
    I'm just scared of South Africa deciding to restrict entry for European travellers which is something not covered under our insurance policy.

TTFN :)
  • Lol just had to look up TTFN..

((Emzap)).  Hope you can get some rest after what must have been a very stressful night.

Uff to the MLR chicksta. Understand your concerns.

Fingers crossed for LMH's run.

Numb bum yet Ale?

Hope Wabo is ok.

Right. Frost has gone in the meantime so I should move.
  • Morning

Em: Oh no has Lucas a virus? have I missed something?

LMH: I hope you had a good run

Ale: Hope you got out.

Hazel:I hope the frost lifted for you

Chick: Fingers crossed you can still go to SA-when is it?

What: 6 miles
    Why: It is what I do
    Last hard: Back
    Lyrics: Maybe

I hope all the sick and injured can get off the injury bench ASAP we seem to be down quite  few.

I was to be running a half marathon today but as longest run had been 6 miles in past 8 weeks decided not to risk it.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Poor Lucas and poor you emzap. I hope the meds work quickly and he's soon well.

London is still going ahead at the minute chicksta - time for it all to change I'm afraid.

Good news about your back Alehouse - I'm spending a fair amount of time on spiky balls too!

Sorry you've missed another race Poppy.

No run for me I'm afraid Hazel - I tried but my knee was feeling worse over the course of a mile so I ended up walking home. Hope you've fared better.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Oh no, emzap, hope he's OK. Are they covering him for possible meningitis/encephalitis, or is this still the infected eczema? Hope he gets better and you get some rest.

Chick - I know what you mean, nice round numbers always seem a bit more satisfying. Hope today's run goes well

Hazel - did you get some MP miles? 

Probably the sensible decision poppy

Hope everyone starts to recover soon, there does seem to be a spate of illness and injury recently - hopefully the brighter days will help .

Just time for 10k earlier, thought I'd best try a bit of half marathon pace as I've got two half marathons coming up in the next fortnight so did 4 miles around HMP. Now at 57 miles for the week and trying to find an excuse to do another 3 miles today so that I don't half to admit that it's purely so I can hit 60 for the week. I wonder if the boys might like to go and do a bit of running later.......

Happy women's day - I feel I should mention that I find you ladies in this forum /thread very inspirational for my own running
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chamolk currently fluclox and acyclovir as they think it's staph and herpes virus. Waiting for results of swabs though to confirm.  Trying to work out how to get some sleep, not easy on a chair in a boiling room with a poorly Baba.

Wabo sorry you missed your race.
    WP it's a skin infection they think. Soooo sore to look at.

I did get out for a walk this morning, made me feel a bit better
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Xposted with you earlier, em. Hope all is ok with Lucas. Right now everything looks ok for our trip but who knows what the officials decide.

Sorry to hear you weren't able to run, LMH.

Haha, chamolk - get it done ;) hope the boys are up for it.

Sensible, poppy. We're flying on April 6 🤞

What: another 13.5 miles. That's 39 in 2 days and 75 this week off 6 days running. Legs are ok. I'm just unbelievably slow but I know that throwing in tempo now will break me. As I'm not gunning for a time anyway it's ok.
    Why: longest back to back
    Last hard: the wind today
    Last rest: 3/3

Yesterday's were Run, Snow Patrol
  • "Sunrise" swim to celebrate International Women's Day. (Pouring rain with no sun to be seen until later in day :'( ) 550m to go for PBC ...
    Sun came out and lovely run up local hill this afternoon.
    Why? While the sun shines ...
    Last hard: getting up at 6am
    Lyrics no

Chamolk:"Hope you've dried out OH."
    Love the the juxtaposition -OH

" Has the head wound healed OK BTW?"
    Left with Harry Potter scar but otherwise fine so long as I don't try flying my Nimbus 2000 out the bedroom window.

Hope you and Lucas enjoy some good health soon, Emzap

Sounds as if you're getting back into it Chick even if the speed isn't there yet.

Hope your knee allows you to run soon LMH. Meantime, non weightbearing quads exercises won't do any harm.

Probably a sensible decision WP, there'll be more HMs later in the season when you're better prepared.

Hope the spiky balls help, Ale

• Poor baby and poor mum - thinking of you both emzap.

chamolk - hope you managed those extra miles:-)

chicksta - you are bound to lose speed with the big miles and the back to back longer runs, it will come back in the taper.

You are well up on the PBC this month OH.

• Was thinking the same regarding PBC. Maybe a second round? Is the Nimbus 2000 some sort of broomstick? (Admits to never having read HP)..

Sensible decision regarding the HM WP.

Sorry about the knee LMH.

Did you do your 3 chamolk? Solid mileage without already. No MP miles today for me, preferred to put in the miles instead. (Extra miles + speedwork=risky)

Uff that is some mileage Chicksta. 

Good you you could get out for a walk emzap. Thought about you whilst ticking off the miles today. Somehow it pressed a button to stop feeling sorry for myself and just run. About time too.
  • Walking has been recommended by my physio Oh so I clocked up nine miles or so today. Good for the head too being out in the countryside. Mark and I went to the gym as is becoming usual for a Sunday so I can tick that box too.

I find thinking of those that would like to run and can't to be quite good for motivation Hazel.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    OH - lol. I'm running in Nimbus 20s, so the 2000s must be a futuristic prototype. Though I think the broomstick might be more fun.

Turns out the boys loved my suggestion - 60.3 miles this week. This time last year, training for London, a 30 mile week was a big week for me. The good news about it is that it hasn't caused any niggles or pains.

Might take it a little easier next week
  • Excellent progress chamolk - this is what happens with consistent consistency, you'll be well set up for an autumn marathon.