Monday 16th March 2020 - Everybody's talking and no one says a word

Morning.

Lyrics - Everybody's talking and no one says a word

Hope you're not too sore this morning RFJ.

I've arranged to borrow P's dog Hazel! Though it's looking as though I might be going to work a bit more than usual - at least in the short term.

What:            hopefully short and easy
Why:             I want to enjoy it whilst I can
Last hard:     feeling for my physio when SA decided to shut its borders to us
Last rest:      16/3
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Charlie Rich with Behind Closed Doors.

What: probably about half an hour

Why: will see how legs feel. Usually run with M74. Doubt that that will happen for the foreseeable.

Hope you are ok today, RFJ.

Enjoy Hazel, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.. Do I have a four-legged namesake?  Hope it is a good dog if so.. (type mongrel, not small and fluffy please..) :D

Make the most of that short and easy LMH. 

Shame about M74 Ale, I guess he is taking precautions?

What: probably cycle this afternoon
    Why: running rest day but I should certainly go out as it is very nice weather again
    Last rest: today
    Last hard: waiting for lockdown

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    RFJ - well done on the top 20 finish!
    OH- a shame about the wedding, but huge congrats on the pot collecting!
    Ale - sounds like a great time was had at the 85th
    Chick - lovely pics and at least a decision made on two Oceans.
    LmH - I hear you about the shopping, local big Tescos was half empty of goods on Saturday. I'm just carrying on as normal.
    London I guess was inevitavble. I'm going to defer. The local Fleet half marathon which is normally hugely popular and scheduled for yesterday was cancelled on Saturday morning. I guess that's the way of it. I expect Mont Blanc (end of June) will also get canned. 
    My club host a junior track meeting in early April. Think that's getting binned, we have a meeting tonight to decide. Main reason really is that most officials are at the "at risk" end of the age spectrum and why should we put them in a difficult situation. 

What - easy run at some stage. In work, but probably the only one as about 80% are working from home
    Why - recovery after the weekend
    Last rest - 17/02
    Last hard - Saturday/Sunday
    Saturday was 12x200m hill reps in a boggy field. Tough going but hugely beneficial for leg strength. Tiptoed round the puke zone. 8 miles in total. Sunday qute a few pals ran the Fleet half route, I opted for a hilly trail run and teh lanes and fields were near deserted. 16 miles & legs seem to behave too.  

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Are you not able to wfh Dustin or choose not to? Does the October date for London not suit you?

Sorry for any confusion, I was referring to you thinking of borrowing the pigs Hazel, P's dog's name is not Hazel.

Is your M74 friend self-isolating already Alehouse?

Just back from my walk, lovely morning - definitely trying to make the most of the freedom and normality whilst it lasts.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

I also thought P's dog was called Hazel! And to add to the confusion I actually haven't heard from M74 as yet so don't know what is happening! I will knock on his door at 9:15 to see if he is coming out to play!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 33 mins with M74

Why: he was available but we don't know how much longer that this will happen. 

It was a very isolated run and we passed three dog walkers and were passed by two cyclists. Not sure what the risk is in that re Covid-19. He is going to follow scientific advice (he was a scientist) but does have a couple of queries such as running (slow runs to maintain fitness which will surely help rather than hinder recovery from catching anything) and also his allotment, which is usually very productive and will reduce the need to go to the shops from around May or June. And of course there are health benefits of being out in the fresh air! He is keen to do the right thing...but we don't really know what the right thing is!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    LmH - no, I can wfh, although they wanted someone in here "just in case"
    Re London, away in the Lakes from London weekend to the following, so could go up a day later, but tbh, its XC season by then and I've no interest mara training for 12-15 weeks again over the summer. 
    I'd rather defer.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

Rfj well done y’day, hope you are ok after the fall

Re not being able to run, I dread to think what I would do!!

Hazel great running

OH wow well done, great bling!!

Chick what a  beautiful photo, sorry to hear about the cancellation, have a lovely time there though!

Alehouse, thanks for the recipe, I have bought in for vegan ones now, don’t fancy the shopping trip again! Oh me too with the staying in!!

Lyrics no

Hazel that has made me laugh about the 4 legged comment!!

Alehouse I am sure your friend m74 knows what will work for him, glad you got out together today

dustin, I don't blame you at all. must seem eerie at work!! 

what: short run done this morning - bit more  later

why: wanted to, legs need to loosen a bit more

last hard: this am

last rest: 31/12/16

keep well all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Helped a friend move in to new house.
    Usual Monday night loop later.
    Yesterday's XC was quite hard (and unnecessary as it happened, my name was already engraved, LOL)
    Still uncertainties ahead ...
  • Lovely cup Oh well done:-)

What: 7.3 miles
    Why Because
    Last hard:Uncertainty
    Lyrics nope

A friends son in Uni in Cardiff went down with it and was really ill but has recovered and can go home on Friday.

Keep safe and keep running if you can  :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Madness at work - so pleased I managed an enjoyable run this morning and hope to be able to continue to do so - at least Boris has said that exercising is still ok.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: 15 min glute work plus a few walks
    Why: finally felt better enough to exercise. Plus walk to playgroup(empty!) And NCT meetup.
    Last hard: I'm in pain after the glutes!
    Lyrics: nope

Hope you're feeling ok rfj
    Great silverware oh :) sorry about wedding though

Everything is uncertain ATM

Have a lovely day all