Tuesday 17th March 2020 The pipes, the pipes are calling

Morning!

Lyrics: The pipes, the pipes are calling

What: unsure but something for sure

Why: uncertain times

Happy Birthday Wabo and happy St Patrick's Day also
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning

Happy Birthday to Wabo!   Hope you have a lovely day.

Good idea to do something Ale - enjoy whatever you plan.  Good you could meet up with M74 yesterday. 

Forgotten you also have Mont Blanc in the pipeline Dustin.  Shame but I guess that won't happen.  How did you decide on the track meeting? Nice running at the weekend.  At least with the spring maras cancelled we can run whatever we want (hillz and trails rather than flat tarmac).  Seems you have a plan regarding London.

Good news regarding your friend's son WP. 

Hope the PITA doesn't hurt too much today emzap.

Hopefully a less mad day today LMH. 

What: recovery 6-7 miles - will go on my own rather than with my group
    Why: less because I am worried about infection but it is a beautiful day and who knows how long it will be before I can't run - don't want to wait and run in the dark.
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo - happy birthday! Fire services on stand by  ;) ?
    Hazel - as expected our T&F meet cancelled as are round one of the junior leagues (same day as London)
    Pretty sure we'll lose much of the track season and the meets that do go ahead will be "non scoring"
    As a club decided to continue training - for now - so....
    What - non-marathon group 1k reps 
    Why - Southampton mara still on....no, I'm not
    last rest - 17/02
    last hard - being told I shouldn't go to the pub....#firstworldproblems

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Nobody Told Me by John Lennon.

Happy Birthday Wabo! Hope you have a great one.

Definitely a better idea to run in daylight Hazel. Unfortunately today is likely to be worse than yesterday. Anxious students want answers we can't give them.

Dustin - I didn't realise you had time for the pub :-)

Enjoy whatever you decide on Alehouse.

What:          short and easy
    Why:           knee wasn't entirely happy but I needed some stress relief
    Last hard:   work is quite hard at the moment as is sleeping
    Last rest:    15/3

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Walk around Scapa.
    Everything else cancelled or closed.
    Still no known cases in Orkney although increasing exponentially in Shetland.
    Just waiting for Cape Wrath Challenge week to get cancelled (probably inevitable now)
    Considering options for wedding ...
    Lyrics yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning - just!!
    Thanks all, made the vegan cakes all nice. Got a new Garmin Vivoactive 4s coming woopee!!
    OH I am sure it will get cancelled and next year is the last isn't it?
    LMH glad you did get a run in
    dustin ha ha cheeky but true!!! 62 blooming heck I do not know how that happened
    hazel, all makes sense, hope the run was lovely
    alehouse enjoy the something 

what: short one done this am, 5 k off road I reckon with my mate later
    why: treat myself to two birthday runs ha ha
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

I didn't get to do the second run last night, I got home in a funny old mood because of all this virus thing and just wanted to stay home
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Catching me up Wabo!

This may be of interest to many:

https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/coronavirus-statement/

Implications for club training, committee meetings etc.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ours have cancelled all training Alehouse. 
    I am catching you up!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    our club is going ahead tonight although some coaches have cancelled, all sessions suspended from Thursday

• Cape Wrath Challenge week deferred until 2021
    Local 10k series all cancelled meantime
    Orkney Running Club training activities cancelled until further notice
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hi guys,  forgot to post yesterday :)

Everything is quite crazy. Germany hasn't gone into lockdown yet but more restrictions are being imposed daily. There was some talk about banning overnight stays for tourists but it seems to apply only to hotels. We're in an apartment and our landlady has not heard anything from the authorities. Restaurants have severely restricted opening hours but we have a fully equipped kitchen and a supermarket close by so we won't be starving.

That's quite gutting for your physio,  LMH. 

Forgot who asked but we're in Bavaria where spring has seriously sprung. Absolutely lovely weather but I have confined my running shoes to the closet and instead put my hiking boots to good use. My arthritic toes are thanking me for it.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh, and Happy Birthday, wabo :smiley:
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    thanks chick
    my vegan cakes have gone down a storm!! I have sampled carrot cake, lemon drizzle and brownies - fit to burst
  • I hope that something suitable can be sorted for the wedding OH.

I'm not allowed to go into work again until some unspecified future date when all this is over. Hope the advice that we are ok to go out doesn't change and that my knees hold up.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Happy St Patrick's day
    Happy birthday Wabo 

No running, busy at work, boys' school closed this week

Hope everyone is staying safe and well
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Wabo! Your cakes sound lovely.

What: walk into town and post natal core session with friend (virtually) and 10 Min gardening
    Why: needed supplies. Bumped into lots I knew in town, so much for limited social contact though we didn't get to close to natter. Friend and I have decided to do a daily class together. We find a YouTube video and do it at the same time. Trying to do 5min gardening each day
    Last hard: my legs are not happy. Interestingly inner thighs and hammies not glutes. Not sure why
    Lyrics: nope

Asked all my older and pregnant neighbours if they needed supplies but all declined. Really hope they will all for help if needed.

Lmh work restrictions due to asthma?

Need to think of things to keep Lukey entertained. It's so boring for him as well.

I'd say have a lovely evening but maybe good luck is more appt?

Oh and chamolk hope your patients a being considerate of you both