Thursday 19th March 2020 - He said ‘Baby don’t go’

Morning.

Lyrics - He said 'Baby don't go'
             So she sat down again

I hope that the wedding can go ahead somehow OH - everyone can look forward to a big party to celebrate when we return to some sort of normality.

emzap - as Alehouse said it will be easier when the weather improves which will hopefully be soon.

I feel like 'day two in captivity' which is silly. I'm just trying (not very well) to keep my distance, it would be much worse if I were actually having to self isolate. Must get a grip. MiL is hopefully being returned from London today so I plan to leave some supplies for her in her kitchen and maybe visit (and keep a distance) next Sunday if none of us have any symptoms. It's the uncertainty and the feeling useless which is getting to me I think.

What:           short and easy
Why:            would like to run further but think I may need a day off if I do
Last hard:    making sense of it all
Last rest:     15/3

Yesterday's lyrics - The Vision - Chris De Burgh
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

I've needed a couple of days to adjust to everything mentally and am now trying to just get on with it.  I guess it is a process everyone will have to go through - some faster, some slower.  As you say, it is the uncertainty that is the issue - I think if/when (?) a lockdown does happen I will get through it it is all this worrying beforehand which is the problem. 

Seems you have a plan for MIL.  That isn't being useless.   The shopping hours for the vulnerable and elderly might be an idea - if it however means that people who work also have a chance to buy supplies and don't stand in front of empty shelves in the evenings.

Not nice regarding the wedding OH.  If at least the legal side of it can be done. 

At that age Lucas at least won't have any memory of events emzap. 

Difficult situation for all on zero hours contracts - I should be very grateful that I am untouched by things workwise and am likely to stay that way (unless I or any close contacts fall ill)

Nice session Dustin.  Tap water + soda stream here.  I do like my bubbly water.  There has been a lot of hooha about pesticides in water recently. 

Take care everyone - above a bit random - sorry.

What: whatever I feel like doing
    Why: not much point in doing much else at the moment
    Last hard 1: not losing my rag with quite a lot of people yesterday evening. "Large" public groups are being discouraged and broken up in some places.  So they head for the woods for their parties instead (younger adults and large groups of mothers with their children).  Why can't people just give such up for a couple of weeks?  If we are forced into total lockdown it will be in part because of it.
    Last hard 2: I was attacked by a dog yesterday evening - fortunately it was wearing a muzzle or I would have been badly injured.  As it is I have a bruised arm.  Owned by one of the party guys.  I should have kicked the dog in the goolies and its owner as well!  If I had gone to the police then I expect the answer would have been I shouldn't have been out anyway.  What's the point. 
    Last rest: 16.03.

Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Hope you are ok post dog, Hazel! I was once attacked by a dog and I managed to pull its collar off and took it to the police station, only to be advised that I shouldn't have somebody else's property!

What: 30+ minutes d & d

Why: get it done after my early morning visit to the supermarket where there was little on the shelves at 7:30

Crisp, cold, dry this morning. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hazel - grrrrr I have more than enough dog stories to fill a book, hope you're not too phased by it
    Well done all for getting things done but please keep safe.
    London looks like it's going into partial lockdown (some tube stations closing), dunno if I'll go to work next week rather than wfh. I'm down to be in the office.

Went for a lovely 9 easy miles at 4:30 yesterday, barely a soul out.

What - another run later. either lunchtime (looks grey out) or work through and go at 4 when I don't have to think about going back to work.
    Why - making use of the time
    last rest - 17/02
    last hard - facing up to reality
  • Sorry to hear about the dog attack and the doubly irresponsible owner Hazel. It seems the 'youth' and to an extent the 'olds' are taking this the least seriously. I've had to get to words of one syllable with MiL to try to get her to understand the gravity of the situation and was speaking to an elderly neighbour this morning who has been ill for most of this year but is now feeling better 'well yes but I'm fitter than a lot of younger people, why should I be at more of a risk. I went in to town on the bus yesterday...........'

Our little Coop is doing a sterling job of ensuring there's stuff available Alehouse, they started rationing quite early with soap, loo roll etc and are now doing the same with bread, milk, fresh meat.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    lmh co op near to me is doing great as well
    hazel, oh I bet that hurt!! 
    This is all so worrying and so unreal at the moment.  Terrible rumours going round

WHat: short one this morning, bit more later
    why: also trying to not go mad
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I dropped a thank you card in to mine this morning Wabo. Hope the runs helped.
  • Social distanced swim to wreck
    Sal water therapy
    Haven't run since Sunday
    Last rest Tuesday
    Lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh I understand entirely. We are doing the same and on day 3 the pressure is rising.

What: just over 4km run then stretches with friend
    Why: solo run whilst I'm still allowed out, daily session with friend
    Last hard: hearing my grandma feel over and broke her wrist last night. Then tried to realign it herself...
    Lyrics: nope

Went to garden centre today. Cafe (which I did not go in) full of over 70s. I think people need to learn that maybe they don't care if they get ill, but it could stop someone else getting the care they need because of it (sorry rant over).

Lots of giggles from Lucas today so I must be doing something right.

I think I've decided to bring my return to work forwards. I did have holiday at the end of my mat leave which is pointless if we can't go out, so probably returning on 6th April :(

Have a lovely evening all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

But won't you be working from home anyway, Emz? And will Lucas's dad be taking his paternity leave? And keep giggling Lucas! Is he crawling about yet? 

Social distancing needs to seriously happen for most of the country from this weekend at the latest: for London it needs to happen now. 

I have four supermarkets within 650 metres: sounds like all had very little food or cleaning products. 

I seem to qualify for the elderly/vulnerable priority shopping times but won't be going: probably far more likely to either catch something from that population, or give them something! I am sure I have enough food etc for the next couple of weeks at least.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale yup but I loved my pre Corona mat leave so much. I know it's different now so easier to go back, but still.  And yes, daddy taking 5 .5 months off.

Sensible to avoid people as much as possible.  I'm on a support local drive. Ordered my bread from a local bakery for tomorrow.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree with the support local, however our cheese shop, fishmonger, butcher, etc are always packed at the best of times!