Friday 20th March 2020 - Don't know what I'm doing here

Morning.

Lyrics - Don't know what I'm doing here

Sounds sensible on the work front emzap. Similar situation here with the 'olds' not seeming to understand what they need to do and why though part of it I think is information overload. The neighbour I was speaking to yesterday told me that she'd stopped watching the news as 'it was all so confusing'.

Why no running OH?:blush:

Alehouse - you inspired me to get my haircut yesterday. I usually have it done before London :-(

We often go out locally for coffee and cake over the weekend but it will need to be takeaway this weekend unless the place is mostly empty.

In one of those 'not what I need' things my knee, which was fine when I went to bed, has this morning decided that it doesn't really like walking so I expect running will be out of the question today. I'm hoping it will ease as I walk. Back is tweaky too - I don't really have the set up to spend so much time on the computer at home.

What:            probably nothing
Why:             see above
Last hard:     maintaining a positive attitude
Last rest:      15/3

Yesterday's lyrics - Dancing In Limbo - Kirsty MacColl.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

LMH: Take away coffee and cake sounds lovely:-)

What 6 miles easy/4.5 miles later
    Why Because
    Last hard: News
    Lyrics: Nope

Double day today so Aberafan later will be interesting how busy it is and if coffee shops open.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

I presume you didn't get your hair cut as short as mine, LMH: number 2 on the sides, 4 on top.

What: a longer run

Why: will catch the bus and run back whilst I can. Will be sitting well away from others.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Emz - agree the work decision probably sensible, good to see Lucas giggling away. Remember that when he turns 2.... :#
    LmH - sorry to hear of continued knee problems but hope you can get out at some stage - its started off bright here this morning 

What - lunchtime runout
    Why - as above, it looks to be a bright day
    last rest - 17/02
    last hard - yesterday possibly - went over the fields and I didn't really appreciate howmuch rain must've fallen during the day. Last weekend I thought it was (slowly) draining away, was like a swamp yesterday with a lot of surface water. 6 miles at slower than 9mm pace but there was a lot of hamstring and quad work going on...

• Morning

Mental image of a giggling baby just cheered me up a bit thanks emzap.  Eeek to your grandma's wrist!  Hope she is ok and above all can get treatment for it within a suitable timespan.  Sensible plan for your return to work.  I dread to think what the run will be on vacation time once that it is possible again.

Cafes and co. are shut since Monday here.  As are hairdressers - we will all be walking around like in the stone age..  Hmm OH does have a set of clippers though - I guess it grows back fast if I have to resort to that. (3mm or 9?)

Is there somewhere nice outside you could take a takeaway to LMH?  Depends on the weather though I guess. 

Enjoy the double WP.

Enjoy the bus run Ale.  The local ones here are as good as empty.  Public transport is being reduced considerably as of today - might lead to fuller buses and trains though. 

Please send us some rain Dustin - the air is very dusty at the moment - enough to make anyone cough.  Good strength workout yesterday - pace doesn't matter in those conditions.

What: short MLR
    Why: cycled with OH yesterday instead of running - felt just as good.
    Last hard: +1 to PMA
    Last rest: yesterday

lyrics: no
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I forgot about your grandma emzap - she sounds like one tough woman! I hope that she was able to get timely medical assistance and is comfortable.

I'd like to Alehouse but Mark would go mad if I did:-)

Definitely no run today Dustin but I've walked five miles and will probably head out again later today.

Enjoy your outing Poppy. I wouldn't bother with takeaway coffee.

Hazel - we'll bring the cake home, I don't really do sitting outside with food and especially not in our current weather. I'm thinking that if it warms up I may try some pootling on the bike when my knee doesn't want to run or just to fill the time. I haven't tried riding for about a year so hopefully my shoulder/back won't object as much afterwards as it did. Enjoy your run.

Edit: have just heard from the cafe that we use (we have known the ladies who run it since before they opened) and they are happy for us to go just before they close and clean up round us so that I'm not exposed to many people. Isn't that lovely?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh that is lovely

What: walk to bakery and yoga
    Why: support local business and daily virtual workout
    Last hard: sending the return to work email and putting Lucas in his own room last night
    Lyrics: maybe

Sounds like a good muddy run Dustin.

Got eclairs from local cafe today. Had a tea break with my oh

Have a lovely day all
  • Awwww - that's a rite of passage emzap. Did he settle ok?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon:

What: 54 minutes, mainly with the north easterly wind against, probably from the Orkneys.

Why:  bus run as time I did something longer. Hard work today and back wasn't too keen.

A good move to have Lucas in his own room, Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh he was fine. Probably got a bit more sleep then normal though my oh got up twice to check he was still breathing!  

Feeling a bit down about the potential year of social isolating. Hope we are at least allowed outside or I think many of us will go crazy.